Christians, Muslims, people of mainstream faith - is your response different if.

1. jlpark profile image86
    jlparkposted 2 years ago

Christians, Muslims, people of mainstream faith - is your response different if.....

Atheist or agnostic people approach or discuss religion with you with respect - if treated respectfully, and a respectful dialogue is had - do you respond differently than when approached with no thought to yr beliefs?

2. Edwin Thomas profile image74
    Edwin Thomasposted 2 years ago

I think most Christians aint' so radical about religion. Christians usually don't force their religion into other while I have seen people of other faiths doing such things. I am not against atheism. Everyone has the right to believe what their mind tells them to. Religion is not something that must be forced to accept like terrorist organizations do.....

3. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 2 years ago

having no thought to your belief to me sounds like they do not know about my belief therefore i would show them the ropes with respect.

If they are disrespectful and loud then at times I feel I have to make an extra effort to get to the same wavelength as them so they can hear me. When I know they hear me then I can tone it back down to a comfortable wavelength of respect. Other times when I cannot tone it down to a comfortable wavelength then let them know they are right and I am wrong then bow out of the conversation.

If they are trying to knock some sense into me then I would listen more to the person who is being respectful. I think that's a universal thing in all of us.

I recently spoke to an atheist and offered him completely equal respect for each other regardless of our personal beliefs and he refused. He said he cannot respect a person who thinks the other person is going to hell. I told him I didn't like the ring of rotting in my grave so let me believe in my fairy tales and he can believe in the truth. He still refused to give equal respect. sad

working