Do you believe in jesus and god?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (104 posts)
  1. dogluver1 profile image58
    dogluver1posted 14 years ago

I believe. Do you?

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely NOT! smile

dogluver1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

are you some other religon? Because how do you think people even set foot on this earth? How did even the universe get here without a creator?

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
          AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who cares. There are literally thousands of more important questions than this.

think other things are more important THEN HOW WE GOT HERE! you couldnt answer those questions without a creator!

How "WE" got here....are you talking of the Human Race in general. I know HOW I got here and it wasn't due to some fictious "GOD" entity. smile

2. Misha profile image62
              Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, Flying Spaghetti Monster created us! Here is the proof of His Noodly existence! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72PndL15m1c

rar shut up

1. Misha profile image62

You are getting rude. I have all the rights to promote THE ONLY TRUE religion! lol

i am not rude! just a little angry sorry..

2. earnestshub profile image80
                earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is what religion needs.... Hard proof! lol

3. profile image0
                sarah dawkinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Without getting into an argument, no I don't believe in god and jesus. x

3. SimeyC profile image88
              SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ummmm...who created the creator? and the creator of the creator?

Personally, I feel that it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks anyway - it's your own face in 'whatever' that counts - why should I care if someone else has different views, or indeed if mine are wrong!

well thats a good question i used to ask my father that.. i dont know

2. Cagsil profile image70

Is there are reason for you asking more foolish questions? I answered your question. Be done with it. Otherwise, you're not likely to like my answers, because my answers will dismiss your mystical faith-based world. smile

whatever..................

What else is new with you religious people. Whatever? That's childish and arrogant, to think you have all the answers. big_smile

1. profile image0
                sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought you believed in Jesus, Cagsil?  What happened in the last couple months that made you change your mind?

do you believe?

2. Cagsil profile image70

I don't believe in Jesus Christ of the Bible. I've learned that Jesus was a real person and his teachings were not religious. big_smile But, Thank You Sandra for bringing that up. big_smile

1. profile image0

So you do believe in a Jesus Christ?

2. dogluver1 profile image58

i dont care at least i believe in SOMETHING!

3. Cagsil profile image70

Oh, btw- you asked - "Are you some other religion? NO! I REJECT all mystical faith-based religions for being false and/or a lie. I've done the research of religion and come to understand it's not real to begin with, because there are those who want to control people, like you. Weak-minded, non-self responsible, individual who are afraid to accept there life for what it is and what it is not. big_smile

1. Noel Christian profile image59
            Noel Christianposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Einstein was quoted as saying “…of all possible knowledge, we might know 5%...” The point is, all that we know is limited, relative to all of the knowledge that exists. So, logically, it follows that there always exists the possibility of God and Jesus outside of ‘your’ current knowledge. To reject all mystical faith-based religions for being false and/or a lie, is at best, small minded, and at worst, just another egotistical rant, no matter how much research you have done, or hubs written, and you sir, are no Einstein.

1. profile image54
              (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Einstein was referring to the vast amount of questions about the universe yet to be answered, the physical universe, that is.

Einstein was not referring to the claims of theists and the delusions of the gullible.

When all the mystical faith-based religions offer is talk, there isn't much to reject.

Neither are you. And, Einstein would be insulted by your use of his quotes in that manner.

1. TMMason profile image60
                TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know if a monk in the medievil days had dropped to the floor babbling insanely and spewing suppossed knowlegde about the wieghts of Nuetrinos and Quantum Entanglement Theory or Quantum Theory period!

Would the fact that He could not prove it, then make it false?

There are things on levels we do not recognize everywhere in the universe and throughout creation.

To deny blindly that they, or god exists, when we, or you, do not possess the knowledge or means, to know the untimate truth of the, "thing", is illogical.

And blind faith in another form.

Einstien could not grasp Quantum theory in the least.

He stated "God does not play dice with the universe.".

Well. Was he right?

He couldn't prove it, but everyone believed him.

Then BAM. He was wrong!

1. profile image54

Sure, he could. He simply didn't agree with it as it stood then.

Einstein was wrong about Quantum theory. So what?

What's your point? Are you comparing scientific theories of nature to that of the myths and superstitions of your religion?

1. profile image0
                    thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

What's so scientific about 0+0=1 or hydrogen to human or frog to prince?  NOTHING!

2. TMMason profile image60

My point is, the best Theorists and Theoiries in the world can be wrong, and to rule something out before knowing the pure truth of it, is silly.

And Quantum Theory itself acts to show us that because one cannot see it, does not mean one should believe, it is not there.

Isn't that the driving force behind Theorism in general.

To speculate, postulate, on those things as yet UNKNOWN?

2. wesleyacarter profile image57
      wesleyacarterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

not at the same time.

ok then....

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

God forbid yikes

??? do you believe in jesus and god?

1. Misha profile image62

Bearded guy on the cloud eternally cooking sinners for dinner? God forbid! I am not THAT dumb. lol

Im guessing you dont you know i dont care because for all i know you can be jewish or you believe in budda

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
          AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seems like a fair statement, on balance

2. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

3. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Yep, I believe a 100%

same here

4. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

No sweety, I am not a Judaist, nor Buddhist. I belong to the only true religion, I worship FSM! smile

ok

5. Princessa profile image80
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

It makes for a nice picture though ;-)
    Happy holidays Misha :-*

1. Misha profile image62

Same to you Princessa. And thanks ♥

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Sandra...not to get off topic...but are you taking part in my Hubber Community Hub?

If you want to check out this forum?
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/31352?p … post678080

Okay, back to topic. big_smile lol lol lol

7. Sifan profile image63
    Sifanposted 14 years ago

I do! People having connections with GOD believe in him, you cannot force other people to have the same feeling but no harm to try and to share the love.

8. Sifan profile image63
    Sifanposted 14 years ago

I always have arguments with my bf, same here, a lot of arguments about religions. People have different opinions about the world. It's a pity Sharing love is not the only thing to live....

A lack of knowledge and understanding of life is the only reason people make an excuse to believe in the "GOD" concept. But, you are right about one thing- LOVE is a universal feeling shared by every person on the planet, however, many have a misconception about that too. So, it comes back to a lack of knowledge and a lack of understanding of the true meaning of life. smile

1. profile image0

What is the true meaning of life?

1. SimeyC profile image88
          SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

42 *grin*

2. Sifan profile image63
          Sifanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's what I want to ask as well...

3. Cagsil profile image70

You're cute. big_smile tongue  Now, why would I want to reveal that here in a forum, when I have many hubs dedicated to the discussion of Life. smile

1. Misha profile image62

Now this is something I can agree to! smile

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

4. skyfire profile image79
          skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kill Boredom till death.

2. Sifan profile image63
        Sifanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you meant people believe in GOD because of the lack of knowledge, why many people around me they became Christian even if they are doing science. For example my minster of church, he did biology before he is a priest.

Why are you asking me about other people, such as this person who turned to religion, after working in science? How am I suppose to know WHY he did anything? I don't claim to have all the answers or know everything. smile

9. dogluver1 profile image58

so...

Do you have a point to make? Or are you just baiting to see what comes next? smile

i dont know im bored!!!!

See, there is a huge difference. You say and do things that have no real meaning. I do everything with a purpose. smile

10. Sifan profile image63
    Sifanposted 14 years ago

Cagsil, you are very alike my bf. I respect your opinion and sounds very reasonable from some points of view but it doesn't give me the perfect answer. We might never find a perfect answer in this world. I believe in GOD since I have a hope. A hope of perfect world, whatever this world has gone or has not come. At least people need hope, No hope no life.

11. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I'm not a believer at all, but I have no problem with other people believing what they want as long as it does not affect me.

I do find it hard to understand how people can believe in any God though.  It's simply taking something which you don't understand, and then making up a fairy story to explain it.

Scientist have already given several physically possible ways in which the universe could physically have been created. 

I think it is funny how you ask a question like this and then get angry when you are given logical denials and jokes though, and people will make fun, in just the same way as they would if a thirty year old started arguing for the existence of Santa.

If you believe in God feel free to believe in him, but don't expect everyone to join in when you raise the subject in a forum which by the laws of averages has at least some rational, sane, people in it.

"i dont care at least i believe in SOMETHING!"

I would be more proud to say that I can think, rather than say I can believe.

Well said. smile

2. dogluver1 profile image58

ok ok im sorry something really bad happend to me.. i was frustrated....

12. dogluver1 profile image58

so...

13. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

2 B.C.: literature
    Poetry: The Art of Love (Ars Amatoria) by Ovid scandalizes Rome: "It is expedient that there should be gods, and since it is expedient let us believe that gods exist" (I); "Nothing is stronger than habit" (II).

14. Sa Toya profile image83
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

roll

15. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

I respect your view Q.

I just choose not to rule out other levels of reality within this existence. Which as you say, can effect upon it, but not be seen directly.

1. profile image54

It isn't really possible to rule out reality when it is reality that affects us everyday.

And granted, I don't rule out your beliefs, but I must insist on putting them to the test of reality. And, if it is found, for example, that you believe a god keeps people on earth while I understand it as gravity, we simply have a disagreement of terminology, but it would seem more likely that you have re-labeled something already clearly defined.

Anything over and above that is something that needs to be demonstrated.

I understand gravity to be a creation of God, as is the rest of the universe. Which science has yet to explain 99+ percent of.

There are many fields of science that show a consistancy with the biblical texts. There are historical, Archeological, physics, astronomy, etc.

I don't know what Gravity is.

But I know it exists.

But for a long time in mans history we did not know what it's effects were, or how to define them. Even though they were essentially right in front of us. Because we did not have the right equipment or understanding.

It could and I believe it is the same with God. We don't know how to understand or see him in this world. Nor the effects he imparts upon this world and universe.

But because we don't know how to measure, define, see and compare, something. Doesn't mean thjat something doesn't exist.

It could just as likely mean we just don't know how to, measure, define, see and compare is all.

Could be our own blind spot.

Sorry bout the edit. I had to clearify.

1. profile image54

If gravity and the universe were creations of your god, why would you place the onus on science and why would you care for an explanation beyond your belief?

I don't buy that. I've read scriptures too and have never seen anything that would resemble a known physics theory or law.

No one does. All we know is that it's a property of mass/energy.

For a long time in mankinds history, we were obsessed with myths and superstitions and believed them to be true. Much of our planet has yet to move out of bronze age beliefs. Galileo should have been the first man to set foot on the surface of Mars, not be held under church house arrest for his insight.

As you said earlier, gravity and it's effects were right in front of us. So, where are the effects of god?

No, when there isn't anything to measure, define, see and compare, we understand it to be equivalent to the non-existent. The aether was a good example of that.

There has to be an effect to measure, first. No effect, no need to measure.

16. Sa Toya profile image83
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

DRAMAAAA!

17. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

I guess if I don't understand something, instead of rigorously experimenting, I should defer to an imaginary being?  That sounds very intelligent!!!

No. You should simply not rule the unknown out.

How did you get it so wrong? I tried to explain clearly.

And as I stated,  the fields of science and History have found consistancy in its text, throughout all attempts to prove it false, on the provable level.

Astronomy, Physics, Biology, Meteorolgy, Anthropology, Hydrology, Geology, etc. If it's texts were accurate on those provable facts. Why wouldn't I trust its other statements?

Blind faith is jumping to a conclusion before all facts are known.

That sounds like scientists and atheists of today. There is science to support the bible, you just choose to ignore it.

And God states clearly in the Bible.... "Test all things, hold fast to that which is fine."

Sounds like an admonishment to prove all things to yourself. And see that all God says, is fact. 

So test it. Have fun. But don't ignore the truths you may find.

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Scientist are not ruling the unknown out.  And deferring to religion as the truth is nothing more than blind faith.  One can draw a religious conclusion without ever conducting any experiments.   Nothing gained!

Why not just let the unknown be unknowable at this time, instead of saying it is God?  That's what scientist do.

If science appears to support the bible, it is purely coincidently.  I ignore it because it's just another desperate attempt to prove an illogical premise.

The whole point of science, is to know.

The the whole point I am stating is God said to check and make sure his word was truth.

So when you find something in conflict with science, let me know.

One glaring contradiction to science happens right in the book of Genesis

The Creation
            1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3  ¶ And God said, Let there be light: 2 Cor. 4.6 and there was light.

4  And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5  And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6  ¶ And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7  And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8  And God called the firmament Heaven. 2 Pet. 3.5 And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9  ¶ And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10  And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11  And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12  And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13  And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14  ¶ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15  and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16  And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also

Genesis 1:1-16

How did God wait three days before creating the sun?  The sun is the day.  No sun-no day, Right?! You must have a clever explanation for this.

God would need a sun to have light?

No.

The sun is for man and the earth. As science supports.

Not god.

He has his own light to work within.

Two different lights, but they both let you see clearer.

This is ridiculous!!!

I thought you were talking science.  This response is completely unscientific.  You have no argument for your position.  Your answer was the predictable delusional nonsense that is just totally made up.  First your god was made up, then these insane attributes followed.  You are just trying to trick me into thinking you are logical.  Try explaining the science behind your answer. Please.

1. profile image0
                  thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay let's talk science.

Show me the Big Bang, life from non-life, Any hard evidence for evolution. Any. We have the same facts, The same earth and the same science we it comes to observational science, so it's interpretation vs interpretation.

Fact 1: The universe had a beginning

Fact 2: The Second Law of Thermodynamics  is Fact

Fact 3: We would be here if there was infinite regression of Causes

Conclusion: There must be an uncaused cause. I believe based on the facts that God is the uncaused that created everything from nothing.

You can either use logic to say nothing created everything(0+0=1), matter is eternal(disproved-entropy and the second law of Thermodynamics) or there is a uncaused caused created everything(proven through the Law of Causality) either way logic and faith are required.  We know things can only produced after it’s kind, we know life only comes from life. I believe in God based on what I know you’re an atheist because of what you don’t know. Was your brain designed or a product or random chance? Why do you trust your thoughts?

Thank you, truth.

I think that gives a glimpse of the science. I told you there is science to support the claim of the truth of the Bible, just as there is for Evolution, Origin of life, and the Universe.

I am not trying to trick you, just open your thinking. Don't dismiss something without any proof it should be dismissed.

2. getitrite profile image71

And, Still, the bible is a lie!!!  You have not proven that Genesis is not a glaring contradiction of the very science you are touting.  No evolution theory required.  These are things we can see.

18. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I believe in Jesus he delivers parts to us nice enough fella.

19. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

I don't mind Jesus jokes. I would think he knows what humor is. God also.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image74
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

TMMason  I hope so I am not sure how to spell blasphemour.

Yes I know he does. Or I am screwed also?

20. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

OK! Have a wonderful evening, everyone.  Thanks for the debate.

Have a good nite getitrite

21. profile image0
    thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years ago

Most of your reply is gibberish Q ,but I’m glad to see you dropped the starving kids angle you were starting to look desperate. If you want to see how many scientific facts are in the bible google it or just click here:

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/scienti … bible.html

22. dfunzy profile image60
    dfunzyposted 14 years ago

"jesus and god?"  Shouldn't there be capitals there? Or is that your message?

No Jesus and God they are pronouns.. oh well lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)