jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is love?

1. aiqueman profile image60
    aiquemanposted 2 years ago

What is love?

2. Besarien profile image85
    Besarienposted 2 years ago

It is when you put another person's best interest above your own.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Aaah but {if they loved you} they wouldn't want you to sacrifice your dreams and interest for them!
      I knew a woman who based love on how much one inconveniences them self or did things they didn't like to please her.
      That's kind of twisted! smile

2. Besarien profile image85
      Besarienposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I'd jump in front of a bullet aimed at my kid. Is that in my own best interest- yes, because I'd much prefer dying a brave death to save my son than burying him. Love is when self sacrificing for another is in your own best interest.

3. LoliHey profile image56
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more... Couldn't help it, every time that question is asked I think of that song I like from the early '90's.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12832851_f260.jpg

Only the individual can define love for himself or herself.
    Everyone has their own idea of what love should look like or feel like as well as how people should behave if they love another person.
    Thus the real challenge for most people is finding someone who loves them (the way they need to feel) loved.
    Generically speaking I would say love is an emotion consisting of caring and concern for another's wellbeing and happiness in life.
    On the other hand it is our sexual/romantic desire for our "significant other" that distinguishes paternal, sibling, extended family, and friendship love from romantic love.
    Nevertheless it is our assumption that everyone should express love in the same exact way that causes us to question whether or not they love us.
    Sometimes it's not that they don't love you but rather they don't love you (the way) you want or need to be love.
    They're not "the right one" for you!

working