jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Have you ever "Asked the Universe" for something and received what you wanted?

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Have you ever
    "Asked the Universe" for something and received what you wanted?

The Law of Attraction is an abstract concept and many have practiced asking the universe for what they wanted or needed. Have you ever practiced this and does it work for you?

2. Oztinato profile image72
    Oztinatoposted 2 years ago

I can vividly recall calling out to God in my mind as a child for Him to make Himself known to me.  Many years later after a life of tribulation He remembered my prayer and made Himself fully known. He didn't forget the anguished call but answered in His own time. I find it's up to me to fully appreciate and recall this event and the answers He gave.
    We could say it was the "universe" answering  because God and the universe are synonymous.

3. Taopi profile image72
    Taopiposted 2 years ago

Serendipity and Synchronicity exist in this world, there can be no doubt.  While I think the Law of Attraction is a lucrative concept for New Age peddlers, I also think there are things beyond our immediate comprehension that do occur, yet are not beyond our awareness of existing. 

Some swear by this Law of Attraction, some by Fate, alone and still others by the intercession of Saints.   And sometimes I think that guidance comes before the question is even asked.   I have found that deep meditation seems to bestow the things I need, and this may be because the process of meditation lets go of expectation.

I went through a phase studying the principle of the Law of Attraction when going through some desperate times and no, it did nothing for me.  In saying this, however, I have received profound gifts from what one might say are "from the Universe", but they have not really been in the material sense, although those things have occurred as well.  Meditation has shown itself to be the deepest conduit in experiencing synchronicity in my own experience...and a sense of calm acceptance of things I cannot control or change.

4. Ericdierker profile image51
    Ericdierkerposted 2 years ago

I am glad you asked this and will follow to learn more. I never quite got the idea that the universe was separate from God. I reckon it works fine for an atheist. But atheism should and does reject such a notion of Law of Attraction unless you are dealing with "oppose only" none thinkers. They exist.
    So I do not pray to a God that does not envelope the universe, and hence there is no universe with out God. Unless you believe in science that is based in alchemy and magic.
    Most people seem to forget that they are a part of the universe - there is no duality. It is not "the universe and me" it is "us as the universe". So in essence whether I pray to the universe or myself it is somewhat equal.
    Law of Attraction is awesome as long as it is perceived as self realization and our oneness with the universe and not detachment therefrom.
    So in that sense I have prayed to the universe and every wish has been self fulfilled.

5. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

The Universe does not grant wishes.  The universe does not listen and respond.  It was created by God.  God is the one who is answering your prayers.  Not the universe. "The Secret" is absurd.  That's why no one talks about it anymore.

1. Taopi profile image72
      Taopiposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The Law of Attraction was actually a concept seeded in the late 19th c., and while I agree both it and  "The Secret" are absurd, it is not very original.  Is your name a play on Nabokov and Marilyn?

6. PDPoole profile image72
    PDPooleposted 2 years ago

It's a bit of a mouthful...but I consider myself Buddhist first,,,,,with Agnosticism and Atheism riding shot-gun. My Buddhist is primarily simple Mahayana.....with brainstorms of Sanbo Kyodan Zen. The entire mixture tends to lead me away from recognizing any sentient Universe...The Questions are directed to either the analytical part of your intellectual architecture, where it becomes a far ranging kung-an, or ir is directed to Memory and how you can recall what you had learned.

7. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 23 months ago

Yes, yes. only in my case, I feel that I am addressing the Supreme. It really is not necessary for some, for prayer truly begins when human capacity ends. So we reach out then, and since God is everything, the answer comes anyway.

When we see clearly that there is only one Source called by different names, then we understand that the response can only come from one place. Even the Saviours tell us this. " I can of my own self do nothing ...." - The Christ.

working