jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Should writers experience religious bias when people rate articles based on reli

1. Misfit Chick profile image72
    Misfit Chickposted 2 years ago

Should writers experience religious bias when people rate articles based on religion beliefs?

Recently, I have written three artlicles in HP that tackles a few hard, religious topics; and I have noticed some serious fluctuations with JUST these types of hubs. This is my latest one: http://hub.me/akagx - it has been fluctuating from a 90 to 75 and every number in between (currently at 78). Do you think it is possible for people who have passionate opinions surrounding religion - either 'for' or 'against' - to objectively rate articles about religion?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12888701_f260.jpg

2. Donald Ogba profile image77
    Donald Ogbaposted 2 years ago

Nope! Religion and religious topics are such subjective subject matters that objectivity about them shouldn't be expected. Even you the writer, when you are writing either "for" or "against," it is based on subjective facts. So, to expect objectivity in the rating of it would be asking for too much.

1. Ericdierker profile image53
      Ericdierkerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Probably pretty close. I think our staff here is liberal leaning atheistic. Not completely but it sure looks like it from my perspective. But they tolerate me so who is complaining?

2. Misfit Chick profile image72
      Misfit Chickposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I heartily disagree when the rating decides where my hubs sit in the order of things. When I read a hub, I judge it on the writing and content - and how that is coming across to people; not on whether I agree with it. 75-90 is a big difference.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

There's the old saying never get between people's gods or their genes, both are as personal as it can get and they'll kill to protect both.
    That said, many people have trouble being independent when reviewing content about any religion, just as some can't be unbiased about politics.
    If it were possible, religious content should be reviewed by a mixed group so you don't get a bunch of atheists or Muslims voting down Christian content and Christians group-voting down an article on a major atheist like Christopher Hitchens or Ayan Hirsi Ali.
    A diverse review makes it less biased, as well as ensures you don't have in-group reviews all giving a thumbs up / rubber stamp to the religious content.

working