What is your take on human ignorance?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)
  1. manatita44 profile image69
    manatita44posted 8 years ago

What is your take on human ignorance?

Two examples:

The Seeker escaped from a dark and cold perpetual cave. He goes out to the sunlight then returns to his friends still in chains in this dark cave. He speaks of the Light and encourages them to follow him. They refuse. Would they have done so if they truly knew the Light?

The frog from the field visited the frog in the well. "Is your field as big as my well?" Said the frog from the well. "Much bigger." Said the frog from the field. "You're a liar." Said the frog in the well, and kicked him out. Would he have truly done this, had he seen the field? Such is human ignorance

2. Tusitala Tom profile image67
    Tusitala Tomposted 8 years ago

It is called 'mind set' and is, of course, a self-created thing.  Not always deliberately created, of course, but generally re-fortified by habitual reinforcing the original belief or thought.

What most people don't understand is that a belief is a 'thought in the mind' which has become solidified by perpetual reinforcement.   When   reality comes along and that thought is challenged, they either go through great travail and trauma, or - and more commonly - simply refuse to see life 'as it is.'

manatita44posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes Tom, nice one, and what you describe is very much so. Still, sometimes we simply do not know. I touched this red cable and got 300 volts! If I knew it was going to hurt me, would I have touched it? If I knew Christ could heal me, why kill him?

2. Buildreps profile image85
      Buildrepsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's one of the best descriptions I have ever read. I can fully agree with that!

3. manatita44 profile image69

Buildreps, Thank you so much! Appreciated.

4. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"..a self-created thing?"  TOTALLY against Scripture (Prov 3:5)! " When reality comes along and that thought is challenged, they either go through great travail and trauma, or - and more commonly - simply refuse to see life 'as it is." TOTALLY AGREE!

5. manatita44 profile image69

Tom I like your answer. Mostly you are very balanced with many Hubs and to me a really good human being. My Gratitude. Happy Easter.

3. profile image0
    Abhimanyu gaurposted 8 years ago

I think ignorance is the part of the design of god. Ignorance is something that is natural to humans. Life is a journey but many of us do not know what we are supposed to do. We do not know who are we. Are we a part of god?  Is god even real? Are we a soul that is in a physical body or are we just the body? What is consciousness and is it independent of the body or not?  The list is infinitely long and I have just mentioned the fundamental questions. The answer to these questions differs from person to person. If I believe in god I will say that the other person who is a non believer is ignorant and vice versa. It is a complex subject but I think in the end we will find out the truth for ourselves. Those who are in pursuit of the truth maybe ignorant now but in the end they will find it. Rest will fall and stumble but they will catch up eventually. In the end truth will reign supreme.

Wonderful answer. This question was designed to support an answer I gave somewhere else. Yes, for me Ignorance is part and parcel of the plan. Nothing is bad really. Truth is in all and Love is all. Gratitude.

2. profile image52

GOD DOES "NOT" WANT US "IGNORANT" OR A "FOOL!" (Rm 1:13; 11:25; I Cor 12:1-3; 15:50-54; I Thess 4:13-18!)
      People on HP thk I'm "rude" by "parroting" what is in HIS WORD, but IT IS WRITTEN (TRUTH)!
      "Ignorance" is "sin" ("unbelief") when WRITTEN!

3. profile image0
      Abhimanyu gaurposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Norine let me get it straight. You believe in the Bible but I don't and if god is going to punish me then so be it. I am not afraid of being punished and I will continue to walk my path. I believe in reason and not blind faith.

4. profile image52
    Norine Williamsposted 8 years ago

Denying the CREATOR:  The GOD of Abraham, Issac and Jacob!!!

Who or what is "more intelligent" than the CREATOR?  Then why, "lean to "YOUR OWN" understanding" (Proverbs 3:5)?  "Who can withstand the Hand of God" (Isaiah 14:27)? 

As "the frog," if one did not "WAIT" (Acts 1:4) to receive "HELP" from the Holy Spirit (John 14:26; 16:13), to increase "intelligence," they will continue to "kick TRUTH out!" 

"Such is human ignorance!"

I read this twice, Norine. A sometimes difficult for me. Please forgive me.

Actually, your answer is awesome! God is Omniscient; God is all in all. We deny Him because we do not know Him. Ah! The nature of His plans! Happy Easter, my Sweet Friend

2. profile image52

Let me break it down "friend!"
      If 1 doesn't have Holy Spirit (or knowledge of field as frog didn't, although have access), then "ignorant" & continue to "kick out" TRUTH! 
      God sees ALL, but not in ALL! 
      "Such is human ignorance!"

3. manatita44 profile image69

Fine! All's good, Norine. The weather is great here! Has Hub Pages been kinder to you? I see that you're back in full swing! Happy Easter!!

4. profile image52

IDK how to explain it - BUT GOD!  All's good!
      I wish u'd know GOD is not in everything.  Although He sees ALL, some things He "hates!" 
      Why do u believe He's in "religions" created by man?

5. manatita44 profile image69

What do I know, Norine? I am a student of Peace; an eternal beginner; a mere instrument of His. Please continue to chide me when I go too far. Much Love.

6. profile image52

Man: "Peace" is not the answer!  TRUTH is!  TRUTH does NOT "go alone to get alone!" 
      IF 1 BELIEVES in the CREATOR, then 1 BELIEVES Bible; otherwise serving "idols" (Exd 20:3)!

7. manatita44 profile image69

Thanks for all your inputs, Norine. Happy Easter!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)