jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What brought you to God and what reaffirms your faith in God in hard times and n

1. baybpnk profile image81
    baybpnkposted 22 months ago

What brought you to God and what reaffirms your faith in God in hard times and normal days?

It's normal to have your faith tested. What are certain events or pieces of scripture that help reassure your faith in God?

The feeling that he is there?
    The way life falls into place?
    A small thing someone "randomly" says?
    A song? A movie?

2. Joshua 33 profile image60
    Joshua 33posted 22 months ago

Amy Grant:

On that day when we will pay for all the deeds we have done

Good and bad they'll all be had to see by everyone

And when you're called to stand and tell just what you saw in me

More than anything I know, I want your words to be:

He had his father's eyes

Eyes that find the good in things when good is not around

Eyes that find the source of help when help just can't be found

Eyes full of compassion, seeing every pain

Knowing what you're going through and feeling it the same

Just like my father's eyes

Believing in that day is what has kept ME going all these years. Now I just don't know anymore, to be honest.

1. baybpnk profile image81
      baybpnkposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Everyone faces challenges in keeping their faith- I have been going through mine for the past 3 years. Most recently fatih began to come back stronger after seeing God's Not Dead 2. Something about that movie reminded me of what I already knew.

2. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 22 months agoin reply to this

Nice. Stay with it Nicole, and Joshua too. Much Love and Light to you both.

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 22 months ago

Yes, songs and scriptures can do it, and in my case it was a spiritual book called Autobiography of a Western Yogi, by Swami Kriyananda. I have to say, though, that I was full of fervour as a child, and I used to follow the Evangelists everywhere. I had that kind of hunger or yearning quite early.

It was not until 30, while in England, That I read the book and in a way, had my first mystical experience. So what brought me to God? well, I was chosen, but we can say that the book was an instrument. I found my Path about two weeks later. That was 33 years ago.

What reaffirms my Faith? Well, the spiritual life, or in this case, the life of prayer and meditation, does include mystical experiences. They come to all at God's choice hour, but the preparatory work of purity, service,gratitude ... does enlarge the Heart and makes it receptive to the finer, subtlier forces, descending from above.

One need not be despondent though. There is no had and fast rule, and one may not necessarily have spiritual experiences. But an intense Faith; an inner yearning or cry for the Divine is necessary. This in turn will widen the Heart and inspire Love and soulful service, which by their very nature will eventually lead to a sense of joy and peace. Hope this helps.