What do you believe is the easiest way to stay full of God in hard times?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Jokarenk profile image59
    Jokarenkposted 10 years ago

What do you believe is the easiest way to stay full of God in hard times?

I am looking to see what various Christians do when they are faced with trials and are constantly knocked down by the enemy, what you do to stay full of God to make it through trials?

2. K Kiss profile image58
    K Kissposted 10 years ago

Just remember that if God is not answering your prayers immediate then He has a better plan for you or maybe a better time for you. But also remember  and be thankful that God doesn't punish you for all the sins immediately either.
    Keep your faith strong and you will be able to stay full of God and also remember that like good times..hard times pass too and your strong faith in your God will help you through it all.

3. profile image53
    tbHistorianposted 10 years ago

Timothy 1:7
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

4. profile image0
    Sri Tposted 10 years ago

Read the most powerful scriptures and promises. Understand that everything passes with time. Hard times are mostly illusions from wrong thoughts and perceptions. If the problem is real, then there will be a solution. If it is an illusion from the thoughts/feelings/mind or from the world reports, then it can be cast out immediately with the truth.

Jokarenkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So true, thank you for this.

5. profile image0
    savvydatingposted 10 years ago

You must reach the point of Knowing that God will show you his favor; that anything destructive the enemy does to you can and will be turned around for your good and His glory. Also know that in keeping your faith you will come out of this situation increased in knowledge and strength. Wake up each morning thanking God for protection, favor... even vindication. Say these words out loud each morning. The spoken word is powerful.
    Do not underestimate God's power, for that is what evil wants and feeds off of. Consider choosing some Bible verses that are meaningful to you, and repeat them aloud now and again during the day until you feel true confidence that God has your back--always--and that it's just a matter of time before things will be turned around. You must pray boldly, by asking that God bless you far beyond what you can imagine.
    2 Chronicles 32:8  "With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles.”
    Hope this helps.

6. profile image49
    MikeyWelshposted 10 years ago

I am not religious, in any sense. However, this poem is pretty relevant to your question.

Footsteps in the Sand - Mary Stevenson

One night a man had a dream.
    He dreamed he was walking along
    the beach with the Lord.

Across the dark sky flashed scenes from his life.
    For each scene, he noticed
    two sets of footprints in the sand,
    one beloning to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
    he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
    He noticed that many times along the path of his life
    there was only one set of footprints.
    He also noticed that it happened at the
    very lowest and saddest times in his life.
    This bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
    you'd walk with me all the way.
    But I have noticed that during the most
    troublesome times in my life there is
    only one set of footprints.
    I don't understand why when I needed you most
    you would leave me."

The Lord replied "My precious, precious child,
    I love you and would never leave you.
    During your times of trial and suffereing,
    when you see only one set of footprints in the sand,
    it was then that I carried you."

7. manatita44 profile image71
    manatita44posted 10 years ago

This is only one way of looking at this:
    1. Believe in the Eternal Now, the Sacrament of the Present Moment. In the spiritual life, the next moment is not ours. There is no such thing as Saturday or Sunday, Sabbath or five times a day prayer. All we ever have, is the Here and Now. God forbid, but we may not wake tomorrow. Feel this way, and urgency will come.
    2. Read sacred and uplifting books. They will inspire you. Sing devotional songs.
    3. Do the work of this world as though you are always going to inhabit it, and that of the other world as if you are going there tomorrow.
    4. Feel that you are an instrument of a Higher Power. "I can of my own self do nothing." said the Christ. Nothing happens without the Grace of the Lord. Pray or ask for inner strength.
    5. I cannot emphasise this enough. Practice, practice, practice. Here I speak of verbal and interior prayer. I myself have done this every day for the last 31 years, and I am still weak. Rely on your Inner Voice and learn to listen. For this, prayer is paramount.
    6. You will most definitely stumble. Try again. True failure is only when we give up. Accept life as sacred, hold on and keep going with total faith in God or Jesus.
    7. This is a big one. You cannot get close to God by crushing mankind. While working for your own salvation, try to take humanity with you. God speed!!

I never thought of what you last stated where you said "you cannot get close to God by crushing mankind" I have blamed the world and have been angry with it...that is probably a big part of my struggles...

2. manatita44 profile image71
      manatita44posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are sincere and show insight, Jo. Very healthy. The very light that shines in you also shines in others. Again, we all carry burdens. When someone falls, try to learn from this. Do write to me ceeccil@hotmail.com, and I'll try to serve

8. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

Fearless humility to God.

If a freight train is bearing down on you, literally or figuratively, simply place yourself in God's hands with the knowledge that He can rescue you or let you be snuffed out. Have perfect confidence in that and feel comfortable with that knowledge.

Such humility and faith is the foundation of miracles.

1. manatita44 profile image71
      manatita44posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You're a good man Lone Star, but very few of us have this kind of faith. God may want us to move out of the way of the train and lessen His burdens. It is the God in us which will ask us to get out of the way.

9. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 10 years ago

Scripture tells us to love God with all our heart and all our soul, and might and keep His commandments. That is the only way to stay close to God. I am Jewish and not Christian, but it is the same for anyone, because there is no other way to please God.
    Deuteronomy 6:5
    And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
    Exodus 20:6
    And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
    Deuteronomy 7:11
    Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.
    Deuteronomy 11:1
    Therefore thou shalt love the Lord thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.

10. profile image53
    WATERSTARposted 10 years ago

FROM: WATERSTAR: We first must know what we believe, know who we are believing in see if they can be trusted ,then make sure steps to become a Follower and a believer of what they have to offer and can this really help me in my quest for my spiritual survival, will this be Good for me, and as it is written in The BIBLE seek ye FIRST  THE KINGDOM OF GOD and ALL other Things SHALL BE Added UNTO YOU,but you must start somewhere, so go to the Book of Acts of the Apostles Chapter 2 verse 38 , you MUST REPENT, THEN BE BAPTIZE IN JESUS NAME THEN GET FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST, IT SIMPLE you must have the HOLY SPIRIT to stay FULL of GOD FOR GOD his a SPIRIT, TO stay FULL of JESUS who is GOD MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH, GOD with us the EMANUEL as written in the book of ISAIAH the PROPHET, then it is good to go to CHURCH and fellowiship with other Believers of the same mind of thinking, find a HOLY GHOST FILLED Church usually of the UPC, FAITH, and be a good Learner , Read your bible daily Learn who JESUS HIS start with MATTHEW- MARK -LUKE- JOHN, ACTS OF THE APOSTLE- then go to GENESIS AND READ TO REVELATION,IN these ruff times find 1 or 2 people to help you pray together,for a more effective result as it is written if 2 or 3 of my people get together and  Pray i am in the mist to BLESS AND DO YOU GOOD said the LORD.YOU MUST be of a faithfull and HUMBLE or GENTLE spirit for GOD TO HEAR YOU HE will not HEAR THE PROUD but LOOK AT you at a FAR distance,so for Heaven Sake Humble yourself Love GOD Love your fellow Brothers and Sisters everywhere,read your King James Bible and stay Full of the Lord. BY: WATERSTAR

Good answer, thank you for taking the time to post this.  I am grateful to have had christians take the time to share their points of view.  It truly helps in so many ways.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)