Can we find the love of God in an intellectual vacuum?

1. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 21 months ago

Can we find the love of God in an intellectual vacuum?

Really I know this guy that is so into "the word and scripture" that he berates folks who are not all haughty taughty literalists. The dude oozes sadness and loneliness. But he is just so justified. Can we really know the Word if we are not in a state of happiness and joy? I will take a hug any day over being right about scripture. Is being right so important?

2. CathyF profile image59
    CathyFposted 21 months ago

I don't mean for this to be taken the wrong way, but this guy seems like he suffers from some kind of mental illness. His fixation is on the Bible where other's with his illness would be fixated on something else--what matters is the need for order and perfection because that's where his "safe space" is. I guess it'd be a kind of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

There is strong faith and then there's compulsion and anyone who is berating anyone over faith issues (any time we'd say "that's not something Christ would do") is either a just hateful bigot or in need of mental health treatment, though I personally group these cases together because I think hate in any form is a form of mental illness.

working