How Can The Bible Be Interpreted Correctly?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (39 posts)
  1. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

How Can The Bible Be Interpreted Correctly?

2. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Every Christian sect has their own interpretation, but much of doctrine IS the same.

1. Kiss andTales profile image62
      Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Tamara you will find that there are so many denominations and they all have different beliefs.
      The Doctrins are not the same.
      There are people who worship satan .thats not common or healthy.

2. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Who cares what Bible says? Can't ALL see "Religion" has misled? Bible (GOD) said "WAIT" for "HELP" Which has "ONE MIND" & tells ALL "SAME!" Why there r 33000+ denominations in US! MOST didn't "WAIT!" Not "With ONE Accord!"

3. Kiss andTales profile image62
    Kiss andTalesposted 7 years ago

The bible is special that it will simply not be interpreted on our own  knowledge.but it has to be granted by transmission of his spirit power into our minds or  thoughts to clearly decifer what is being said of its message.
    That is why just picking up the bible reading it has different meanings and conclusions many not granted decifer of spirit.
    Simply The Heavenly Father chooses who he wants to undestand what he has transmitted through the pages of the bible.
    1Cor 1:27 simple says he chooses. We can not chose him first. We can accept his invitation by continued education in properly learning the truth and applying what we learn .also making adjustments when we see we are offending him by our actions and way of living. Then we certainly be happy and satified no longer searching for the truth because we have will have it. You will know the truth and the truth will set you free

1. celafoe profile image54
      celafoeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

not true-- the Holy Spirit will teach ALL TRUTH to any Holy Spirit filled Christian that pursues TRuTH

2. Angele Parris profile image60
      Angele Parrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If the Holy Spirit lead to ALL TRUTH, the Holy Spirit, cannot present any other interpretation, than the Jews saved first, but must obey the laws. Salvation from the law is offered through Jesus Christ. Gentiles are not under the law.

3. Kiss andTales profile image62

Paris charlie speaks the truth here.
      The Jews were first preached to as the lost sheep of Isreal. Then when completed the same truth was preached to Gentiles. That would be us. The point is Jehovah is a God of order.

4. profile image52

K&T: "Continued education?" U defy Scripture (Prov 3:5)! Why do you need the Holy Spirit IF "you" cont ed & apply?"  You speak out of both sides of your mouth! Hypocrite!  U don't care what the Bible says! HE "leads" into ALL Truth!"
      Cont=DEA

4. Angele Parris profile image60
    Angele Parrisposted 7 years ago

In the old testament, God has a chosen people - the descendants of Abraham. They were in slavery in Egypt and taken out of slavery by Moses. In the wilderness, they were given the commandments and laws. They were all killed by God in the wilderness for not obeying His words.

In the New Testament, Jesus came to save the lost sheep of Israel. He spoke in parables. Sometimes, He had to interpret the parables to the disciples in private. A lot of people merely followed Jesus for the healing.

In Galatians, again, there is a dispute among the new converts whether one must be circumcised or not. Apparently, circumcision was merely to identify the Jews, who were to be saved first, and not a necessary process for the Gentiles.

These disputes take place in the Bible itself, so how can we correctly interpret the bible.

Correct interpretation is about being a part of a group, and defending the message that the group preaches.

1. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Could you explain that last sentence. It would seem a correct concept is a personal relationship not a group concept.

2. celafoe profile image54

the only correct interpretation is ONLY available to Holy Spirit filled Christians.  It is not thru any group.    Those that are HS Filled are a part of the Kingdom of God, which is the church of Jesus Christ.   People not institutions, buildings or

3. Angele Parris profile image60
      Angele Parrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

To answer the question about the last sentence, I have to go to the book of Galatians. A believer is going to be challenged about his/her interpretation. If you are part of a group, the leader will challenge you to stick to the church's teachings.

4. Kiss andTales profile image62

And Paris you are correct we are not fleshly Jews .but we are Jesus followers in the truth. The Jews had to accept Jesus or they would keep umder the Mosiac laws .by now those who have not accepted Jesus has rejected Jehovah's arrangement to live.

5. profile image52

"Jesus came to save lost sheep of Israel." NOT TRUE (Gal 3:28)! 
      "..how can we correctly interpret bible?" JESUS sent HELP (Jn 14:26;16:13) & asked us 2 "WAIT" for HIM (Acts 1:4)!
      "Corr REV" comes fm HELP "IF" we "WAIT!"
      Eric: Group "W/ONE ACCOR

5. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 7 years ago

What is correctly, Bro? It is natural for the child to cry; to wet his nappies ....we don't do this, hopefully, but was the child wrong? I know over 300 different sects in Christianity alone, yet alone elsewhere!

Life is an evolutionary ladder, and human beings are at different levels. Should I see God like Jesus did? Do I have the capacity of a Theresa of Avila or a John of the Cross? Why should we all be the same?

Diversity is the order of the day and encourages Creation to function. I repeat that it is God's world, not ours. There are so may Masters; so few disciples!

Always an excellent idea to ask what one needs to know; to be humble like a blade of grass, to be accommodating, open to new ideas. We do not know it all, and this Creation is self-transcending anyway. Much Peace.

1. celafoe profile image54

you are still spreading your false gospels.   there is ONLY ONE WAY,  that is through the blood of Christ.of  Jesus Christ the Son of God.
      spread you foolishness elsewhere

2. Kiss andTales profile image62

Charlie you are correct.but only it is the Father who gives Holy spirit or his active force to help some one understand his terms.
      Not all people who claim to have it have it.
      Thats clear according to the fruit they bear of its tree. Good or rotten

3. profile image52

Man: Why do u even respond to such Q's? What "Holy Spirit" when u worship "idol?" That's man made spirit!  Have u READ II Kgs 17:29;32-41? READ TRUTH!
      II Kgs is what u've done!
      Exd 20:3!  READ!

4. Kiss andTales profile image62

Manitatita you are a very kind and expressive persom who speaks in a beautiful way. Some people can not understand your art of expressions .I appreciate you very much.We all differ in our religious beliefs some times attack. But faith is persecution

5. profile image52

K&T you too are an "Unbeliever" if you think it's OK to "...differ in our religious beliefs!" 
      Give Scripture that says so or you are a LIAR & cont to "lead GOD'S sheep astray" (Jer 23:1)!

6. Kiss andTales profile image62

Jesus knows what I am and Jehovah knows what I am
      They have known me from birth . you only know me from the internet or HP .never seen me niether. So it does not matter what you think or say . Sad that you think it matters it don't.

7. profile image52

Yes Jehovah does know what you are - A LIAR - when you can't prove with HIS WORD "ALL Religions are acceptable!" 
      Now "prove" or you "lead HIS sheep astray" by LYING!

8. Kiss andTales profile image62

Prove to you what Jehovah and Jesus know already.
      Who are you. If you were on their level you would not be down here with the rest. You would be up there with them. So no one has anything to prove to you.
      You think you are God. Sad!

9. profile image52

Prove to "his sheep" what u say is true!  You can't & therefore LIE! One MUST "prove" w/WORD! It's not what "we" thk or "feel" but what HE SAID or LIARS (Rm3:4)! U don't blv HS (Acts 1:8)?  Sad!
      HS filled="Christ" (Rm 8:10)! We r "gods" (Ps 8:26)

10. Kiss andTales profile image62

Jehovah and Jesus are in the spirit realm of heaven . We are on earth we are not Gods. Gods realm is heaven in spirit form.
      You have talked your own self into mental confusion and think you are god.

11. profile image52

You continue to show "YOU DON'T CARE WHAT'S IN BIBLE" you are right (Ps 8:26)! You are the most "prideful" woman! GOD HATES PRIDE (Prov 8:13)! I see why you can LIE so easily "You try & prove you are always "right" (Prov 16:18)!
      No 2 in hvn I Cor

6. AshtonFirefly profile image71
    AshtonFireflyposted 7 years ago

Appropriate translation of the original manuscripts is a key element, but unfortunately, even translation of these requires some liberties in interpretation of contextual elements of the Bible necessary for translation, making it difficult to objectively say "this is correct" and "this is not."

Over the years I have been studying and translating the Bible, I have found that several interpretations of passages in the Bible are both logical and entirely possible, depending on one's understanding of Biblical context. There is no way to objectively validate any of them, so we have to go with our best educated "guess."

There are some interpretations that appear to be more accurate than others based upon a variety of factors, but each person will interpret even the most basic passage differently. The more I study, the more I find that there are truly as many religions (or perhaps "belief systems") as there are people.

That is a very good comment.

2. Kiss andTales profile image62

Very well said and right. But also you would find some valid infomation that you have just mention on Jw.org You have to admit language plays a large part of intepetation. We have over 200 hundred languages you can read the bible in. Notice.

3. AshtonFirefly profile image71
      AshtonFireflyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Very true, Kiss and Tales. There are three original languages, and MANY different languages into which it is translated, and then still MANY different versions in the SAME language.

4. profile image52

Who cares WHAT Bible says? If "Holy Spirit" will "lead & guide into ALL(diff translations, adds/deletes, etc) truth" (Jn 14:26;16:13) why waste"YOUR"time (Prov 3:5)? Either u don't BELIEVE r "prideful!"
      Whose intellect exceeds GOD'S? R U "crazy?

7. profile image52
    Norine Williamsposted 7 years ago

Who cares WHAT is in the Bible (Isaiah 5:20)?  So far, "no not one" (Romans 3:10) on HubPages! 

The Bible (WORD) can ONLY be "revealed" by the Holy Spirit for "interpretation" is of men (Proverbs 3:5)!  Isaiah 53:1 says "Who hath BELIEVED our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD "revealed?" 

Poor JESUS!  HE "DIED," Promised HE would send us "HELP" (aka Holy Spirit), in John 14:26 and 16:13, sent "The Promise" in Acts 2:2 (for HE doesn't LIE; Numbers 23:19) and although we SAY we "BELIEVE" (Hypocrites!),  continue to use "our" intellect because "I have a brain," and "think" we are MORE INTELLIGENT than the CREATOR! 

FOOLS!

Did not GOD ask us to "Lean not to "your own" (our  brain/men's brain) understanding" (Proverbs 3:5)?  Are we so "prideful" (I John 2:16)  that we can't do as HE asked us to in II Chronicles 7:14 which says "If MY PEOPLE, which are called by My Name, shall "HUMBLE" themselves, and PRAY, and SEEK MY FACE, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS, "THEN" will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."  But who cares?

One can NEVER receive "correct interpretation" of the Bible but "revelation" from the Holy Spirit (aka JESUS) and ONLY when they have done as HE "commanded" in Acts 1:4 which says "And being assembled together with them, COMMANDED them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but "WAIT" for "THE PROMISE" of the Father, which, saith he, YE HAVE HEARD FROM ME!" Did we not hear  HIM "Promise" the Holy Spirit (HELPER) in John 14:26 and 16:13 Who HE sent in Acts 2:2?  Did HE not say HE would "reveal" understanding in Isaiah 53:1?  But who cares WHAT is in the Bible?

Now you know why there are 33000+ denominations in the US!  MOST "think" they are smarter than GOD!

POOR JESUS!

LORD have Mercy!

1. profile image52

I Cor 2:9-12 (v10) "But GOD hath REVEALED them unto us by HIS SPIRIT: for the SPIRIT searcheth all things, yea, the DEEP THINGS of GOD!"
      Amen!
      Hallelujah!

8. Dr CHE Sadaphal profile image60
    Dr CHE Sadaphalposted 7 years ago

One of the central axioms of Reformed Theology is that one must allow "Scripture to interpret Scripture." This simple idea testifies to the fact that because the Bible is divinely inspired, God won't contradict Himself, nor will He reveal what is false. So, the whole must interpret the part. Individual verses must therefore be considered in the context of what came before it, what came after it, and how it fits in with the Bible as a whole.

There is kind of weird thought that arises here. One can read the Bible and be transformed through it. It is a powerful instrument. Through humanly effort one can find the gifts of God contained in the Bible.

2. profile image52

TRUE! 
      When the Holy Spirit "reveals," IT doesn't "contradict" nor is IT "out of context."
      You've gone to school to be taught what Holy Spirit has been doing all the time!   
      Has "Reformed Theology" taught you to live according to New Covenant?

3. Dr CHE Sadaphal profile image60
      Dr CHE Sadaphalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, the Scriptures are divinely inspired and that inspiration animates a believers understanding of God's Word by actually reading it. Any theology does its job well if it compels you to stick to what God says and not what people may think.

4. profile image52

Well, n that case did GOD not SAY to "observe the disciples" (Matt 28:20), "WAIT" (Acts 1:4) for HELP (Jn 14:26) fm Holy Spirit, be baptized in JESUS' name (Acts 2:38), cont n the apostles' doctrine (Acts 2:42) or "ACCURSED" (Gal 1:6-9)?

Do you?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)