As a Christian who believes Jesus is the one God, how do you interpret John 14:1

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Perspycacious profile image63
    Perspycaciousposted 7 years ago

As a Christian who believes Jesus is the one God, how do you interpret John 14:16, 28 and 15:10,21?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6591892_f260.jpg

2. RNMSN profile image61
    RNMSNposted 7 years ago

I think it is the answer to the trinity/it talks about how not everyone will see him as the Lord but we will, only the ones who will be willing and able to follow his teachings will know him and he promises that not only will he and God always be in our hearts but so will the Holy Spirit, the spirit of truth/I see that as that still small voice/and keep my commandants is ok you guys if you love me do what I ask; and oh by the way when you do watch out because people wont like for it at all but that's ok they don't know me as the Lord, only you do

1. profile image53
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Trinity" & GOD shouldn't be used in SAME sentence!  "Only Three?"  HE "fills the heaven & earth"(Jer23:24)!  Can u 'count' that? 
      DON'T LIMIT GOD!

2. RNMSN profile image61
      RNMSNposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I didn't think I was limiting God at all Rather just saying what the Lord said that he is god/ god is the lord and the spirit of truth is God and the Lord in other words as in Jeremiah he is everywhere/ he is everything/just as you just said/kiss

3. profile image53

Don't let "the philosophy of men"(Col2:8) deceive you!  There is but ONE Spirit (ICor12) not a father & son as men but ONE Spirit who operates in GLORIES; simultaneously! 
      Merry Christmas!
      Blessings

3. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 7 years ago

Us human beings think in our own way. I reckon that is a good thing as it generally keeps us from drowning and the like. Omnipotent and omnipresent escapes our normal breathing in and out. Someone once told me that the Godhead was 3, only the trinity and nothing less and nothing more. I asked if that included omnipresence. The answer was of course a resounding yes. Explaining that omnipresent meant that God was in dogs and trees and cars and roofs. He worried for the trinity.
    How could God beat my cancer for my wife and child if God is limited to the three. How can a miracle of no more hate happen if God is confined to the three or worse yet the one?
    I await anxiously for the next restriction that man places on God. It is a slight suffering so I look forward to it.
    Like it or not, God is in my answer.

1. profile image53

I like it! lol  "By my stripes *I* "AM"  healed" (Is53:5)! SAY DAILY & THANK HIM! 
      In "cars" too! Ever been so drunk u wonder "How'd the "car" get here?" I have! 
      Not "worst" BUT "MORE;" = "ALL IN ALL" (Eph4:6;ICor5:28-29)!
      LIKE IT OR NOT!

4. gregas profile image82
    gregasposted 7 years ago

Jasper, it has always been my belief that Jesus is the Son of God, not God Himself.

Perspycaciousposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Me too, and to me those are Jesus' words saying so.  If we are right, the Council of Nicea got it wrong.

2. celafoe profile image55
      celafoeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

of course they did, the catholic input always gets it wrong.   JesuS IS NOT GOD, HE IS THE SON OF GOD TO WHOM GOD HAS GIVEN ALL AUTHORITY which He has the right to do

3. profile image53

"Council" say "GOD is "Three"(Trinity)! U say two; "Father & Son?" I say BETTER than Houdini; WHATEVER/WHENEVER/WHEREVER; simultaneously (ICor12)! "Council" has really LOST SOULS! 
      DON'T LIMIT GOD for HE "IS" GOD!
      "Son of GOD"="two" GODS!

4. Terrielynn1 profile image85
      Terrielynn1posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Jesus himself said he was the son of god. And that's why he told us to pray to the father through him. When did that change. And who is this council people speak about. Jesus is the lord and his father is the almighty God.

5. profile image53

"Pray to the Father (ONE SPIRIT) through HIM" (aka Holy Spirit;Jn14:26 "in my name") which is how HE speaks to us according to Acts 1:2~! NO CHG! Google "Nicaea Council!"
      JESUS "is" GOD (aka ONE SPIRIT)!

5. profile image53
    Norine Williamsposted 7 years ago

WOW!  Have you ever heard "When in Rome, do as the Romans do?"  JESUS did just that for our "IGNORANT" selves (human)!  GOD "manifested HIMSELF in the flesh...[was] believed on in the world, received up into glory" (I Timothy 3:16) and was "in the world and the world was made by HIM" (John 1:10) but humans think THE ALMIGHTY GOD is incapable of that (Thanks 'Council'! Yup, they got it wrong AGAIN Charlie!)!!!

JESUS didn't want to "blow man's mind" (Look how we "think" TODAY!), and is why HE came in the "GLORY" [LISTEN!] "AS OF" the only begotten of the Father!  In 'Rome' (the world) HE had to 'relate to humans!'  HE almost 'blew Joseph's mind' when Mary told him the HOLY GHOST impregnated her but HE 'straightened that out' via "a dream" (Matt 1:20)! If you know Scripture, look how many times HE "blew men's minds!" That's why John 4:23-24 tells us 'WE' (human) "MUST" worship HIM in [LISTEN!] "SPIRIT" and in TRUTH" (REPEAT: "SPIRIT/MUST!") otherwise we (human) will look at Scripture as father and son!

THE GREATEST ALLEGORY IN SCRIPTURE!       

Whenever ANYTHING in flesh comes into 'world,' equals "sin" but GOD had POWER (Same POWER (Acts 1:8) we have to HELP us (John 14:26;16:13); "IF" we've "WAITED" (Acts 1:4) and didn't (II Corinthians 5:21)!  THE SPIRIT "manifested HIMSELF into flesh" and subjected HIMSELF to 'sin' for us; hence, Son!  THE 'SAME' SPIRIT remained in heaven as well (John 3:13)!  You "think" THE ALMIGHTY can't do this?  Not more POWERFUL than 'Houdini?'  DON'T LIMIT GOD!

Well, as usual, we didn't "OBEY" (Jn 4:23-24;"MUST") and "WAIT" (Acts 1:4) for "HELP" (John 14:26; 16:13) to "worship in Spirit and in Truth;" therefore "thinking" with our peanut brains vs "in Spirit and in Truth!"

Thanks to "The Council," we now have a Big Daddy (Father) and a Little Son (Jesus) instilled in our minds when Scripture says "I AM" the LORD, and THERE IS "NO GOD" beside me: I girded thee, THOUGH THOU HAS NOT KNOWN ME" (Isaiah 45:5)!

GOD operates in "GLORIES" ("...the "GLORY" [LISTEN!] "AS OF" the only begotten of the Father..." John 1:14) and until we realize this; we will continue to believe 'The Council' and see (humanly) Father and Son! 

'The Council' (Satan) accomplished what they set out to do:  LOSE SOULS!

John 14:16=John 16:7 ("*I* will send!")
    John 14:28=SAME SPIRIT (I Corinthians 12); not subjected to "world"="GREATER!" 
    John 15:10="Father's" commandments"=SAME SPIRIT=John14:15 ("*MY* commandments!")!
    John15:21=SAME ["ONE"] SPIRIT!

1. profile image53

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye TRANSFORMED by the RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, & acceptable, and perfect, will of GOD" (Rm12:2)!
      I LOVE THE LORD!
      Merry Christmas!
      Blessings

2. Perspycacious profile image63

Me, too.

3. profile image53

Blessings! 
      If you gave Charlie the impression that JESUS is GOD & you BELIEVE; you should defend w/Scripture (IITim3:16) to show your love of GOD!
      I have WORD (GOD) to back me up Charlie. However when man worships w/"gut" (Phil3:9) this happens

6. celafoe profile image55
    celafoeposted 7 years ago

Since the SCRIPTURES CLEARLY state and prove that JESUS IS NOT GOD, THAT HE IS THE SON OF GOD,  I take OFFENSE from your FALSE  PRESUMPTION and your INVALID QUESTION because a Christian that truly knows and understands scripture and JESUS KNOWS  JESUS IS NOT GOD  but He IS THE SON OF GOD WHO HAS BEEN GIVEN THE KINGDOM UNTIL HE RETURNS IT TO THE FATHER.
    Matt 28:18-20    And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.  19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

1 Cor 15:20-28    But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. 27 For "He has put all things under His feet." But when He says "all things are put under Him," it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.
    NKJV

Don't take offense.  The question was directed to those Christians who believe (and some do) that Jesus Christ is "the one God."

2. celafoe profile image55
      celafoeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

OK. GOOD.  I am glad to hear you believe the truth that He IS the SON of God,    It looked like you were promoting it as the majority on here believe that and try to push it.  offense cancelled.  God bless you

3. profile image53

Charlie: A "portion" (aka GLORY;Heb1:3;8-12) of the SAME SPIRIT(ICor12:12)came&DIED(Acts20:28)not only for our 'sins' but also to feel how we feel "in the flesh"(Heb4:15)to "judge righteously" (Jn5:22-23) then I Cor15:20-28 takes place reconcilin

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)