jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Would you rather no one came to your wedding or would you rather no one came to

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 21 months ago

Would you rather no one came to your wedding or would you rather no one came to your funeral?

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 21 months ago

There were 4 people at my wedding, including my husband and myself. Two of those people are currently dead and at my funeral I'll also be dead leaving one person to attend my funeral and I hope she doesn't hear about it until it's over. I've prearranged everything and there will be no funeral, just a direct cremation with a promise from one friend that she will scatter my ashes where my husband's are. Simple, efficient, and no padding the pockets of third party leeches--for either occasion.

1. threekeys profile image80
      threekeysposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Hi Cissy! ....you are prepared and self sufficient....you are "complete". I don't know what it must have taken you emotionally to get to this place of resolution. I, however, can't help but admire your strength and pragmatism. Me? Danceparty@funeral

3. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 21 months ago

If no one comes to my funeral, I won't know it.  If no one came to my wedding, I'd be sad.

4. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 21 months ago

Wedding!  We had a destination wedding and lots of people couldn't make it.  I'm also not someone who was ever wedding crazy, and I would have been happy getting married in my backyard with just our parents and daughter present.

I've been to funerals where barely anyone shows up and I find it heartbreaking.

5. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 21 months ago

This hypohtetical because a number of people DID come to my wife and my wedding 56 years ago.   I would like to think that even more would attend my funeral.

Because to me, it would be an indication - even though I might not be there to witness it - that I've led such a good life, done many good things and made lots of people happy to the point that they felt, deep down, that they wanted to say 'goodbye' to a good guy.

6. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 21 months ago

I would rather noone showed up at my funeral I would rathee be remembered the way I was