jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What is purpose of your life?

1. vink21778 profile image74
    vink21778posted 23 months ago

What is purpose of your life?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13038785_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 23 months ago

I believe the purpose of life is to explore and learn.

vink21778posted 23 months agoin reply to this

I agreed but to keep wid this is very difficult ,someday our consciousness will ask us " what am I living for, learning for ?"

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 23 months agoin reply to this

It's been said that you're a spirit on earth having an human experience. Eventually everyone transitions or leaves their human form behind.

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 23 months ago

I am a Disciple of Sri Chinmoy, a Spiritual visionary and to the Disciple, a God-realised Soul, or someone who has re-discovered his oneness with the Absolute Supreme.

I like how you frame the question, so I can only speak for me, that's great! In my book, My Guru Sri Chinmoy: Life And Teachings, I have described the goal three different ways. Guruji speaks of all:

1. God-realisation. Oneness with The Absolute

2. Self-transcendence. This is a theme common with Sri Ramakrishna and all the great Masters that I've read, that life is self-transcending, that there is no perfection as such, but an ever-transcending Goal.

3.Unconditional Surrender. I like this one the most; to allow the Divine to use one for It's own purpose: "Let Thy Will be done.' This I understand to be the Highest Law.

So my purpose is to manifest the Divine; to glorify His name; to continue with my spiritual practices in order to re-awaken or re-discover my true nature, then to manifest this fully in the world in which I live, in harmony with the Will of the Supreme. Great question.

This is beautiful explanation ,those three points will put us in harmony with ourself and other's thus we will be at peace ,we will be happy no matter what happens. We will be centred. One of the best answer..great.

2. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Vink21778, God bless you...gratitude...

4. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 23 months ago

Very interesting concept. I believe I learned a long time ago that my purpose was to find my purpose. Perhaps I missed it but I do not think so. It has to do with being a parent and a husband to others. When will that time come to be called upon to answer the bell and make a difference? Maybe 20 years from now -- I better stay ready.

Well said ,Eric, we all have a purpose to live with no regrets and spread happiness. I dont think the purpose is to embrace external god but the purpose is to embrace yourself and the God inside you.

working