jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the opposite of love?

1. melbel profile image96
    melbelposted 13 months ago

What is the opposite of love?

Many people say the opposite of love is hate, but I think it could also be indifference. What is the opposite of love?

2. Janellegems profile image67
    Janellegemsposted 13 months ago

I think the opposite of love is rejection and also fear.

3. howlermunkey profile image90
    howlermunkeyposted 13 months ago

I strongly believe that in order to answer the minimum word requirement for this forum AND give my opinion, the answer is clearly liverwurst.

4. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 13 months ago

Less and less love as we move away from it.  This would be an ego-induced perception, apparently.  As I'm pretty sure the statement, "Love is all there is," is correct.  It's just rather hard to accept fully that statement whilst alive in this place we term Planet Earth.   It's our conditioning, you see.  It's very influential in our interpretation of what is real and what is unreal.

5. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 13 months ago

I think the old adage 'From complexity comes simplicity' may enter. Love to me is both complex and simple. Love is as simple as me saying (Feel), "I Love . . .", which proclaims so many things. So, thinking what is opposite offers to me there is complexity with that too. Yet, again, there is simplicity when I say (Feel), "I don't Love . . ."

Some words that may offer opposite meanings are:

Indifference as suggested
    Apathy
    Hate
    Non-commital
    Animosity
    Uncaring

6. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 13 months ago

In my opinion you are correct!
    Indifference is the opposite of love.
    If you "hate" someone it means you're still "emotionally invested"
    The opposite of being "emotionally invested" is to not care either way. It's as if you saw them they were a complete "stranger".
    There's no emotional attachment or memories you hold onto.

working