jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How many people know we are in the end days and are living differently?

1. iggy7117 profile image80
    iggy7117posted 19 months ago

How many people know we are in the end days and are living differently?

2. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 19 months ago

I really just do not get this notion at all. I don't do perfect but what I do right is because of my connection with my Lord and Savior. Could I do better? I certainly try to grow in my faith and resulting actions. I do not get people trying to do better because of fear or immediate death of soul. Don't we always try to act as though it is our last day to do right? The big end days with all capitals is a huge event. My last days are of little notice to anyone except God and me. My end day could be today. So I live accordingly -- or at least do my best.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 19 months agoin reply to this

That's right. Don't change for the Last Days  -- These are our ONLY days! We concentrate on our lives with Christ now.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

I think between Y2K and the 2012 fiasco, the OMG the world is going to end hysteria is mostly wiped out for this generation, unless you're Muslim and see the rising tide of Jihad as a sign of the end times.

4. Dr CHE Sadaphal profile image78
    Dr CHE Sadaphalposted 19 months ago

People have been "knowing" that they are in the end times for thousands of years. Some live life differently while most remain indifferent.

When Paul wrote his letter to the church in Thessalonica about 2,000 years ago, they thought Jesus was coming back in a few weeks, so they lived life like tomorrow wasn't coming. Paul exposed the error in their thinking.

At the end of the day, no one "knows" for sure as no man knows the day or the hour (Matthew 24:36, Mark 13:32).

5. profile image56
    Norine Williamsposted 19 months ago

I Corinthians 1:26 "For ye see your calling, brethren, how that NOT MANY wise men "after the flesh," NOT MANY mighty, NOT MANY noble, are called."  Until we give up "our" pride and ego ("after the flesh"), "our" knowledge ("mighty"), "our" teachings ("noble"), and rely "TOTALLY" on GOD, we stand in danger of not being "called" no matter how much we desire to serve HIM! 

Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye "transformed by the renewing of "your mind," that ye may prove what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of GOD,"  but who wants to give up what they feel is right, who wants to ask GOD for "revelation" of TRUTH in HIS WORD, leaving all of what one has been "taught" behind, who wants to "STUDY" HIS WORD?   Did not Scripture say "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus" Philippians 2:5)?  How can we find the "mind of Christ Jesus" if we don't read HIS WORD?  Therefore, even IF we are "living differently" (morally), we DO NOTHING!  Without "Studying" HIS WORD, we will NEVER please GOD!

I keep telling ALL, This is a Spiritual Journey, and if you are afraid to "worship HIM in Spirit and in Truth" (John 4:23-24), you will NEVER speak the language of GOD or be able to communicate with HIM!

It's not a matter of "living differently" (morally), but allowing the Holy Spirit do "HIS JOB!"  Did not JESUS SAY in John 14:26 "HE (aka JESUS/Holy Spirit) would "lead and guide us into ALL "TRUTH?"  Did not John 4:23-24 say "TRUE WORSHIPERS "MUST" WORSHIP HIM IN SPIRIT AND IN "TRUTH?" 

Therefore, IF we do NOT "worship HIM in SPIRIT and in TRUTH," vs morally correct, are we "living differently?"  NO!  We continue to live according to our "fleshly desires," what we "think" is right; what we have been "taught;" what pastors, preachers, popes and priests have told us; rather than conferring with HIS WORD!

Therefore, WHO CARES if "we are in the end days?" 

Luke 12:16-21 "And he spake a parable unto them saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully; And he thought to himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns; and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink & be merry! BUT GOD SAID, THOU "FOOL," this night thy soul shall be required of thee..."

I PRAY!