jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Jesus never got involved with politics and the political issues of his time, whi

1. snapcracklepop profile image61
    snapcracklepopposted 17 months ago

Jesus never got involved with politics and the political issues of his time, while he was on earth.

The only Kingdom (Government) Jesus promoted was his heavenly Father's Kingdom of the heavens. When the Jews wanted to make him king, Jesus refused and removed himself from among those who wanted to put him in "office".

2. Sgt Prepper profile image61
    Sgt Prepperposted 17 months ago

Jesus said "The poor will ALWAYS be with you and you can give to them whenever YOU want."

1. snapcracklepop profile image61
      snapcracklepopposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Kevin that is a very nice scripture that you quoted from Mark 14:7. There is much truth in those words Jesus spoke. No manmade gov has been able to eliminate poverty and the nightmare of being poor. God's heavenly based Kingdom can only do that.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 17 months ago

Jesus was a religious leader who was challenging the dogma of the Temple by proclaiming to be the Messiah, in a land under occupation by the Romans. He had to be careful not to be political, because if he said he was King of the Jews versus the Roman appointed figure head, he'd be sentenced to death. And that was the charge against him when executed.

That said, he did NOT say not to judge. In fact, he did call out evil, hypocrisy, wrong-doing. His statement "do not judge" is followed by "lest ye be judged". He's calling for us to point out wrong so that it can be stopped, but use the same standard for everyone and have grace versus death penalties for stealing food for children or tending to the sick on the holy day.

1. Sgt Prepper profile image61
      Sgt Prepperposted 17 months agoin reply to this

And THAT is why I will go to my grave proclaiming that Obama cannot possibly be construed a "natural born" citizen and is a treasonous usurper.

4. Rich kelley profile image60
    Rich kelleyposted 17 months ago

"Jesus never got involved with politics and the political issues of his time, while he was on earth."

You might want to look into the politics behind Jesus driving the money changers out of the temple. Why did Jesus tell Peter to pay the temple tax? Why did Jesus use a Samaritan in his story? You can find lots of political items if you look, there is nothing new under the sun. Often politics and religion are interchangeable.

1. profile image57
      Norine Williamsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Jn6:15 "When JESUS therefore perceived that they would come & take HIM by force, TO MAKE HIM A KING, HE "departed" again into a mountain HIMSELF alone."
      Jn17:16 "...I am not of this world." 
      GOD"remembers my sin no more" (Jer31:34;Heb8:12;10:17

2. Rich kelley profile image60
      Rich kelleyposted 17 months agoin reply to this

ok

5. snapcracklepop profile image61
    snapcracklepopposted 17 months ago

Norine I like your most recent answer and thank you for not giving in to Rich's provocations....Nice scriptures that answer the question to this thread.

working