How can you cope with anxiety?

1. AnyaB profile image60
    AnyaBposted 18 months ago

How can you cope with anxiety?

2. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 18 months ago

There are many 'new age'music on the net. They are very soothing. Snatam Kaur has a very beautiful voice and is quite famous; Try also Krishna Dass's music. I'm saying that music that appeals to the Soul is a start.

2. Relaxation if meditation is a big word for you. Lie on the floor and practice the slow intake and outflow of breath at least twice daily, 15 mins, for about three months. You will definitely see a change.

3. Anxiety has a cause. Watch your stressors. Eliminate all that makes you weak. If you are continuously walking towards the dark; the room of the mind; turn around and walk towards the Light, the room of the Heart.

4. Diet and exercise are important. Look out for deficiencies in D, B12, Zinc, selenium... Take a strong B Complex.

5. Try group therapy or join a Faith that works for you.

6. I have reduced my hours from 12 1/2 to 13 to a decent seven and a half. less money but better health.

7. Choose your friends well. Avoid life-draining gossips.

8. Pray

9. See a doctor if nothing else works. Sometimes, holistic practitioners can help immensely where the medical doctor fails. Try Kinesiology. Expensive. Look for a good but compassionate practitioner. They exists. Are you in NY?

Be occupied. Practice selfless service. Help someone for free, if you have the strength. Buen suerte.

3. profile image57
    Setank Setunkposted 18 months ago

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs are popular but I think good ole Benzodiazopines are best for anxiety.
    You would have to see the immediate effects these pharmaceutical wonderments have on people with serious anxiety in order to appreciate their value. Personally I prefer Vicodin to Benzos or SSRIs.