jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe we are alone in this universe?

1. David Branagan profile image96
    David Branaganposted 16 months ago

Do you believe we are alone in this universe?

Earth is a tiny spec within the universe, do you think we are really alone?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13321108_f260.jpg

2. BreunaM profile image60
    BreunaMposted 16 months ago

No
    I have no factual reason to this response but the question is, "How CAN we be alone?". Space is too big, measuring it is nearly impossible. We have no earthly idea what is on the other side or what is 1 million miles away from us. We can guess and we can look through telescopes, but we can't physically put ourselves on those planets to see with out own two eyes, what is on those planets.

1. David Branagan profile image96
      David Branaganposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Good answer. Well in my point of view this is a good answer. I also have no proof, but in my mind, how can we really be alone considering how vast the universe is. Not so long ago the Earth was flat, now it's round...

2. BreunaM profile image60
      BreunaMposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Thank you and you are right, but change may also not be limited to just our planet. Imagine when we were young as a spices, we didn't even know there was a "space". Now, imagine how much change we missed outside of our own.

3. skellie profile image79
    skellieposted 16 months ago

I have to agree with Breuna. There is no possible way that we could be alone, space is a continuous entity and it would be ignorant of the human race to assume that we are the only people in it.
    I doubt It will be proven anytime soon but I would love to be around still when they do smile

4. KsenijaZ profile image94
    KsenijaZposted 16 months ago

Agree with Breuna. We can't even imagine how big/small we are. We can be a dust on someone else's planet ;-) This goes far beyond our imaginations. How big a space is? Do we know all? It would be somehow strange to be 'alone' out there.

working