jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

We know a few words Jesus uttered hanging on the cross. What do you imagine He

1. Perspycacious profile image83
    Perspycaciousposted 8 months ago

We know a few words Jesus uttered hanging on the cross.  What do you imagine He was thinking about?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13586266_f260.jpg

2. Oztinato profile image70
    Oztinatoposted 8 months ago

From the time of his arrest until his physical death JC utters few words. However his silent actions changed history.
    His words on the cross were also few. Notably his famous "why has thou forsaken me" was the most enigmatic.
    All Jewish sacrifices were sealed with the emblem of the Tau which, believe it or not, was a crucifix or T shape. (This later devolved into the X signature that illerate people still use.)
    What was JC sealing with his sacrifice on a tau shaped cross? He sealed sin to the cross by uttering a symbolic sin at the exact time he passed away by saying "why hast thou forsaken me" ie by sealing a symbolic sin to his actions of sacrifice he destroyed sin.

3. Kate Mc Bride profile image86
    Kate Mc Brideposted 8 months ago

We are human. Our Lord is Divine. He said "God forgive them because they know not what they do". Our Lord gave his persecutors the fool's pardon. Because we are human, sometimes we cannot do the same. He could give the fool's pardon but we have to accept our humanity. That level of forgiveness is Divine. Humans can aspire to it but sometimes cannot do it, Demas even if it would be good for ourselves. I would appreciate your feedback on this thought in the context of your Christian beliefs. Regards to your lady wife, Kate

1. Perspycacious profile image83
      Perspycaciousposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Kate, we cannot "earn" our forgiveness, for it is a gift freely given that only Christ could give.  Our full acceptance of that gift is trying our best to live up to the gift, to be even as He is, a tall order but a devout Christian's goal.

2. Kate Mc Bride profile image86
      Kate Mc Brideposted 7 months agoin reply to this

I agree Demas. You make a good point. What I mean is that there are things in my life I have come to terms with even though I am unable to forgive someone and I can't afford to forget .My quality of life is not compromised in any way all the same.

working