Have you ever tried reading the bible while listening to music?

1. NadiraAz profile image60
    NadiraAzposted 8 months ago

Have you ever tried reading the bible while listening to music?

I always listen to music while reading the bible. Particularly classical music. Like Bach's Fugue in D minor for the third chapter of Genesis for instance. I think that classical music is an efficient way to deepen your reading and perceiving of the biblical scripture, particularly to perceive that deep spiritual nature of it. It has helped me tremendously with understanding the spiritual meanings of the scripture and setting an emotional sphere; in a way that a lot of people didn't. It has become an essential part of my spiritual practices.

2. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 7 months ago

Yes, I have. Music is the language of the Soul. Classical helps and would resonate depending on the step or rung of the spiritual ladder that suits each soul. There is a deeper music, one of longing which can be experienced by the devotional or yearning soul listening to the call of God. So called new age music; meditational music, are good at this.

Whatever the music, you want it to touch and thrill the Soul, not the mind. It is not usually something to dance and shake to, although this may happen in ecstatic states. When you feel the music of the soul you will know.