jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Believe in God and always have. My question is about discernment. Is it possibl

1. profile image57
    shelby maneposted 6 months ago

Believe in God and always have. My question is about discernment.  Is it possible to see the good

and bad in people? To distinguish the evil ones from the good ones?

2. profile image57
    shelby maneposted 6 months ago

Of course no responses. Because some people may say that's witchery.  But I disagree. And if it is true then the world would have to believe there is a God. Where are my Christian people at?? Believers??

3. Mr. Happy profile image81
    Mr. Happyposted 6 months ago

Yes it is possible. For example, I feel emotions within people. So, I can sense lies, deception, ill-intent, etc.

4. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 5 months ago

My understanding is that you can ask God to give you discernment, which is a special gift of the Spirit. You might be given discernment if you are truly ready to receive it and be responsible with your gift. Just pray and let God make the decision.

5. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 5 months ago

It is great to believe in God. Faith is stronger. When the Faith is present, your question will not arise. The Christ saw the good and since the purpose of life is to know God, to be like Christ or indeed even greater, then why would it be impossible to see the good.

The spiritual life is a very long journey but a rewarding one. Practice, put the basic tenants of religion in motion: Prayer, silent prayer, meditation, love, service, gratitude, daily and ceaselessly, then come back to me if you don't get results. Try! Strive to be happy.

P.S. God is in clean and dirty water, but we drink the clean water only. In the same way, learn to discern intentions, even while keeping the Love in your Heart.