Where do I start? I want to learn. Help me find the path to take. I was made for

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)
  1. profile image52
    GoddessArtemisposted 6 years ago

Where do I start? I want to learn. Help me find the path to take. I was made for something more.

I have always been drawn to witch craft and the paranormal. I have no one around me to teach me. No one that believes or understands my desires. I am meant for a higher calling I can feel it in the depths of me. Something more than a "normal" life. Where do I begin? Who do I turn to?

2. nochance profile image87
    nochanceposted 6 years ago

That's what books are for. I grew up in a small Christian town but my local library still had a few books on witchcraft and the paranormal.

There are a million different paths and just about everyone believes stuff a little differently. So take everything you learn with a grain of salt. Listen to your heart and see what resonates with you. There is a good chance your beliefs will change over time. This is completely normal.

Now the internet exists and there's even more information floating around. Much of this is made up so be careful and make sure your sources are trustworthy. For example, never eat or inhale anything unless you know exactly what it is.

3. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 6 years ago

My brother,

Serve. Anything that's useful, use it; if not, then let it go. God and the devottee are like a tree and its branches, and the 'calling' of the branches, is to serve the tree. What does the tree need? what does God need?

The devotee comes here to glorify, adore, or if you like, manifest the Will of God. The happiness of the tree lies in being served by the branches, the leaves, petals, as they reach out to humanity.

We came here to Love God; to serve Him through Creation. It is impossible to do this without Love. Here I speak of the 'Higher calling' as there are many who are called by God for a different purpose, or to serve in a different way. All comes from God. There is nothing outside the divine.

Where do you start? Nothing is wrong with scriptures and they all have the same basic rules: Prayer, both verbal and silent; meditation; selfless service to mankind; Gratitude; forgiveness ...

Make a shrine at home. A table, white cloth, incense, a candle and a picture of your favourite godly teacher. Christ, Buddha, Krishna or simply use the flame of a candle to meditate. It may help if you read a little, breathe gently a little, play devotional music ... talk to God.

Prayer is an invocation of the Higher Energy. When you fall silent, that is to say, when the mind is calm, quiet and vacant, you will feel a very powerful inner energy of Peace of Love. Do not force it; do not push or pull, but surrender.

To return to the shrine. You need to sit on a chair with your eyes and shoulders relaxed and look at the flame of the candle. Keep your back straight as the spiritual energy travels up the spine.Do this religiously day after day for three months in 15 minute sessions morning and evening. This will harness your energy and make you more one-pointed and receptive to the Higher Light.

Love, service, goodness and a burning inner cry are necessary. You must not only love but long for what you seek. Find a good teacher, or if you like what I say, then keep writing to me.

The Higher way is not one of witchcraft, the loving and safest way is the way of the Heart. Walk the narrow Path and never look at the beautiful flowers that it will inevitably offer, as you will stumble or fall. Keep going, practice loving kindness; compassion, serve others. You will stumble, but with daily and incessant spiritual practice, you will improve.

Finally, remember that the 'enemy', if there be one, is always within not outside: Lust, greed, ego, anger, attachments...

4. profile image54
    Priest Hans75posted 6 years ago

As someone whom fell out of step with the Mother and have just now recently turned back to Her and Her great wisdom, I understand what you are saying sister. The library, book stores, resources galore online, etc are all great sources of knowledge. However, the greatest source of that sought after knowledge and wisdom comes from within. Seek Her out, ask Her to light your path and show you the way. Meditate daily focusing on giving thanks and seeking out Her wisdom and love. I am more than willing to help you along your path for I was a solitary practitioner for a very long time coming from a small rural community and my organic farm here. Blessed be sister and may the Mother bless you on your journey!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)