Have you ever wondered why Jesus Himself never wrote down any of His teaching?

1. profile image58
    KingdomComeposted 5 months ago

Have you ever wondered why Jesus Himself never wrote down any of His teaching?

The disciples of Christ wrote the New Testament, but Jesus Himself never wrote anything during His three and a half years of His ministry. Have you ever thought about it or wondered why. Clearly His disciple wrote all of the NT. And if He had written anything during His ministry would it had made a difference to believer today.

2. PlanksandNails profile image84
    PlanksandNailsposted 5 months ago

Christ concealed his messages through the use of parables. However, he promised to speak clearly by sending the Holy Spirit that would lead us into all truth after he ascended to his Father.

Christ's enemies were kept in the dark, while to his disciples he explained the meaning of his words.

With many such parables he spoke the word to them, as they were able to hear it. Without a parable he didn't speak to them; but privately to his own disciples he explained everything. - Mark 4:33-34

Christ's goal was to bring the Holy Spirit that would come and teach all of his disciples and lead them to truth.

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and will remind you of all that I said to you. - John 14:26

Also, Christ stated that his words were not his own, but were given to him from his Father.

He who doesn't love me doesn't keep my words. The word which you hear isn't mine, but the Father's who sent me. - John 14:24

I believe that Christ did not write down 'his teaching' is that it was not his teaching, but his Father's teaching that he spoke.

1. profile image58
      KingdomComeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

PandN- Thank you for your answer. I am aware of these verses you quoted. I'm just wondering if He had ever written the Gospel Himself would it have made an even greater impact on those who follow Him. And realizing He taught our Father's will.

working