What's holding me down and suffocating me in bed?

1. profile image60
    gabajr79posted 4 months ago

What's holding me down and suffocating me in bed?

I feel something sit beside me thenow I feel a force holding me down and I'm breathless

2. AF Mind profile image60
    AF Mindposted 4 months ago

It's called sleep paralysis, Although it sounds scary it's nothing to worry about. Sleep researchers conclude that, in most cases, sleep paralysis is simply a sign that your body is not moving smoothly through the stages of sleep. Rarely is sleep paralysis linked to deep underlying psychiatric problems. What it is your body releases chemicals that keep you from moving in your sleep. Like if you run in your dreams, odds are you will not run in real life. Sometimes you'll wake up during this. Think of it like being half awake. Can't move, and you're still kind of dreaming. You might see things that are not really there because you're still technically dreaming. Here's some more info. https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/g … aralysis#1

My advice; when it happens, close your eyes and take slow deep breaths. It should stop eventually. After that stay up for a moment, relax, and maybe drink some water. Falling back to sleep right away usually makes it happen again, for me at least. Wait about five minutes.

I hope this helped. Peace and blessings, and all praises to the Most High.

working