jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Belief

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12939446.png
    Must people believe in a supreme being or certain religious precepts? Is there one, legitimate form of belief?

1. lovetherain profile image82
      lovetherainposted 2 months agoin reply to this

There is probably a "legitimate" form of belief. What that is, though, who knows? How can we possible know who's beliefs are correct?

gmwilliamsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for answering.  You are scientifically & analytical unbiased in your answer.   I contend that this post will become heated down the line.  There will be those who strongly contend that there is one legitimate God & belief system & those who disagree.   In the past, religious forums were bones of contentions w/protagonists & antagonists arguing incessantly.    Again, thank you for starting the discussion.

2. Mek Kamongmenan profile image85
      Mek Kamongmenanposted 2 months agoin reply to this

We believe in God alone. The God of Jacob, King David and all Christians.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image80
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 months ago

I am weary of trying to prove that which does apparently does not exist. There is no evidence. We use the senses to find God, when God is spirit. How can you find evidence of his spirit? I see evidence everywhere. EVERYWHERE!

But thats just me.

3. Harishprasad profile image82
    Harishprasadposted 2 months ago

When we lived in our limitted place, we worshipped particular gods and goddesses , and followed our own certain beliefs. Now technologies have made us closer to each other,   and have broken all boundaries. Now is the time to take stock of the vast pool before us,  give attention to the belief systems of the entire world, and devise an international belief system, establish interrnational worship places , and begin embracing the essence of all religions. In the current scenerio,  all religions and all saints  and prophets belong to the whole world. Belief , thus, has to be seen in a new perspective.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image80
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 months ago

He is also the God of other religions.

As I believe.

gmwilliamsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Keep the discussion going,  I like where this is......GOING.  Thank you for stopping by and responding.

working