jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Have a look at my hub

1. IzzyM profile image91
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

I looked at your hub and counted... 70 or 80 words?
    I dunno but I think that is a bit minimalistic, don't you? A hub is not a blog, it is a complete article, like a magazine or newspaper article.

1. jesustees profile image54
      jesusteesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. IzzyM profile image91
        IzzyMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh I see, well then you should have saved it unpublished until it was completed.
        Anyway, I'm sure it'll be fine when it is finished :0

1. earnestshub profile image87
          earnestshubposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree, this is a great tip!
          It helped me a lot when I first started writing here to leave hubs unpublished, because I could edit it whenever I had time until the score got higher which indicated what would work best here. smile

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I do not count the number of written words on my Hubs, I say what I have to say to illustrate the point I am seeking through the Power and suggestion of the Holy spirit to make and then I stop writing. I'm not writing a novel or a mini series, just making biblically sound points. Since I do not earn money by these writings, what does it matter how many words I write anyway?

2. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

I believe Sir Dent was referring to your posting this in the inappropriate forum topic.  You are supposed to post all hubs asking for feedback in the Extreme Hub Makeover section:  http://hubpages.com/forum/23

I know it's confusing at first.  Welcome.

1. jesustees profile image54
      jesusteesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Totally understand.  It takes some time to figure it all out!  smile

3. Unchained Grace profile image61
    Unchained Graceposted 7 years ago

Earnest, that's a good point. I've got a few Hubs in the works sitting in WordPad for the moment. Maybe I should go the route you speak of. My problem is always time. That and the fact I must be part vampire as I'm always doing my thing overnights.

4. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

I would agree with IzzyM, too short, religion is not short of words, used bible quotes and perhaps religious pic to enhance your hub......and listen might as well be honest....if this was an attepmt to get traffic its a waste of time....soon people will get feed up with you......write something worthwhile...the traffic will come.

working