jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

In universe every one had sex Period for reproduction except human !!

1. sushant143 profile image61
    sushant143posted 7 years ago

If you cheek In universe every one had sex Period for reproduction except  human why !!

1. profile image0
      china manposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You might want to remake this sentence - it does not make any sense, unless it is religious based and then it won't matter if it makes any sense.

2. kerryg profile image86
      kerrygposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Actually, that's not true at all.

Bonobos are one of the most notorious examples. They use sexual activity (hetero and homosexual) as a form of conflict resolution, to cement social bonds, and even as a form of greeting!

I have more examples on one of my hubs, as well as links to yet more examples: http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-the-existenc … -evolution

1. profile image0

Maybe I am stupid tonight - but what does the OP mean?  I can see your answer to his question but I still don't know what he means ??????

1. kerryg profile image86

"Why are humans the only animals that have sex for purposes other than reproduction?" is how I interpreted that. The OP can correct me if I'm wrong.

1. profile image0

Makes sense - but how you got there from the original sentence is beyond me though big_smile

And you just gotta love those Bonobo's haven't you, I saw a documentary about them and still smile at one of the adult males lifting random youngsters by the tail for a 'quick one' while managing to look bored or even eating as I remember it.

2. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 7 years ago

I like sex!

3. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 7 years ago

Watching the pets I have in my home, I would disagree. My male dog is always out there having a good time with whatever other dog comes into the yard, usually other males.

I have a female shih-tzu who tries to have sex with the dog food bag. There is a picture of another dog on the bag, so I don't know if it's the picture she loves or if it's just because it's the dog food bag.

I have lots of examples of this, but I won't go on.

1. kerryg profile image86

Haha, when I was a teenager we had some evangelical Christian friends who didn't have pets over at our house one day when our two female dogs were in a spunky mood and the dogs proceeded to chase each other all over the house, humping madly whenever one caught the other. I think that sort of behavior is supposed to be a dominance display more than a sexual thing, but the expressions on our friends' faces were priceless!

These are the same kids who once caught one of our cats going nuts in a patch of catnip and asked why we allowed him to be a sinner. Their understanding of animal behavior was dim, to say the least. smile

working