Is there evidence of Biblical History in Modern time?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (88 posts)
  1. srwnson profile image61
    srwnsonposted 14 years ago

This question was recently brought to my attention by the current excavations being conducted in Turkey on the location of Noah's Ark, is there any current news on this subject?

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have photos that prove Noah's ark was real and is being covered up by the Turkish government.

Contact me through my profile page and offer a reasonable price for this priceless set of exclusive photos.

Recently "bought to your attention" how exactly?

1. Rafini profile image81
        Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Recently brought to my attention too, although I didn't have the location.  My son told me last night - he must have heard it in school.

And what credence do you give this "recently bought to your attention" bit of information?

??

We are talking of Evidence of Biblical History in Modern Time, are we not?

My son mentioned to me last night that pieces of Noah's Ark had been found on a mountaintop.  That is all he said, we never finished the conversation.

The Dead Sea Scrolls that have been found are all the evidence I need.

No - we are talking about complete and utter nonsense - that is what we are talking about. The very idea makes me laugh out loud at people like you who talk about "Evidence of Biblical History in Modern Time" with Capital Letters.

@ BDazzler - LOL - Cover ups? Evidence? You religionists really are extremely funny, but I really suggest you are using real meanings of words instead of making them up as you go. wink

1. BDazzler profile image78
                BDazzlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I put those words in quotes for a reason, Mark. smile

Ah - I see - you meant "made up nonsense" instead. I missed that - sorry. big_smile

Oh, yeah, I freely acknowledge that a lot of people make stuff up like "cover ups" and "evidence", then use God as an excuse.

2. Rafini profile image81

In case you didn't notice, Evidence of Biblical History in Modern Times is capitalized in the subject line.

I am not here to try and convince you or convert you.  I am here to state my opinions.  I hear your opinion loud and clear,  and the only complete and utter nonsense I see is rudeness.

LOL

Well - I let it slide as a forum headline. Of course you are not here to convert or convince me, although I don't see anyone being rude.

Do you mean laughing at people who believe that Noah's Ark was a real boat? Is that rude?

but I really suggest you are using real meanings of words instead of making them up as you go

The very idea makes me laugh out loud at people like you

LOL - Cover ups? Evidence?

I see these as rude statements.  If they are not intended to be rude, I apologize.

2. profile image54
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Marks photos may be nice, but I have pieces of the ark to sell if you wish. They look like bits of wood, but I can assure you, they are from Noah's Ark. smile

I give away a Free Piece of The Genuine Ark with my photo set.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
            Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Along with dinosaur bones?

Yes - and a 20% discount on my upcoming Dinosaur Hunting Trip to China. lol

2. Hokey profile image59
              Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dinosaurs were real silly smile

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
                Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but the last 2 died on the ark...

It's in "the" Bible.

2. profile image54

Hmmm... Okay, I'll also throw in some photos with me standing next to Noah giving a thumbs up to god for wiping out the earth.

The pieces of the Ark I have are personally signed by Noah.

Beat that....... wink

1. profile image54

Damn! It was not well known that Noah lost an arm during the voyage when he came too close to the lions cage. I have pieces of the bones from that arm.

2. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Flatten out the surface of the earth.
      Flood it with all the earth's "fresh" water.
      The depth of the water would be less than  2 inches.
      How the "frick" did the "ark" get up on Mt Ararat?
      An "epiphnay' is called for!

2. BDazzler profile image78
    BDazzlerposted 14 years ago

I've been aware of the story of the government "cover up" of Noah's Ark since the 70s, seen books, photos etc. At this point, even if it's "proven" it won't be "proven". By that I mean that at best there could be evidence of a "boat like" structure.  Those who believe will say, "See? Proof!" and those who don't will say, "It could be anything!"

It is interesting, but like all "evidence" it is open to interpretation.

3. srwnson profile image61

I should have considered my wording, sorry, I recently recieved a blog request on this subject and came across Robert Carnuke’s Dec. 2008 video. There have been more recent reports of Biblical history Chuck Holton’s report from last month on Paul’s shipwreck on Malta.

4. BDazzler profile image78
    BDazzlerposted 14 years ago

Let me post a completely hypothetical situation to illustrate my point:

Suppose a previously uknown Viking/Rus chief who had converted to Greek Orhtodoxy decided to build a big hall on top of that Mountain in say, the mid 800s. 

Suppose he was inspired by the legend/story of Noah, and used his knowledge of naval architcture and the stories from his priest/advisor to build a big house that looked like a boat.

It has features that make it look like a boat, and a zoo.

The glacier and other natural disasters move in, cover the big building up, the chief and his people move on, get wiped out in some forgotten battle and nobody even knows the building is there.

A thousand years later, with legends of Noah's ark mixed with stories of the building people dig up logs and "evidence"  without understanding it, because everything about this hypothetical chief has been forgotten.

Because no other evidence of this paritcular hypothetical viking chief exists, the people of modern times never even consider that he built this big building to look like a boat... but there is money to be made by going to churches and speaking to "prove" something.  So, that's the story they tell.

The existance/non-existance of Noah is completely irrelavent in this situation.

All the "evidence" shows is a bunch of wood and nobody remembers that viking.

For it's own reasons, the Turkish and Soviet goverments don't want people poking around in rural areas, they could be plotting military action for all they know, so they are accused of "cover ups".

Perfectly reasonable, with everybody putting their own spin on things, many without realizing it.

Only if - in this particular case - you have already decided that the garbage in the bible is actual, real events.

That is the problem with believing this nonsense. wink

5. srwnson profile image61

Hypothesis aside, I hate to use a cliché, proof is in the pudding.

The legend of Noah’s Ark isn’t just resigned to Christianity and the church, the stories of Noah and the great flood are recorded in many legends including The Epic of Gilgamesh, Matsya in the Puranas and Deucalion in Greek Mythology.

It’s just as easy to believe the story of Noah is the original.

I am getting completly off topic here. I was asking about any other news.

There is no "news". It is religionist nonsense. Sorry - there was no Ark.  You must be very angry that you have been conned into thinking it was a true story.

Dear me.

6. srwnson profile image61

Not angry Mark, thank you for your impute.
    I haven’t been conned. My beliefs are just those.
    Actually I was researching topics for my client such as the one I alluded to in an earlier post for the benefit of my article. Paul’s shipwreck on Malta.

7. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

There were some photos released a few years ago saying that they were photos of the Ark. Nothing conclusive at all about them. It seems I recall Ron Wyatt stating that he found Noah's Ark and the photos may have been his to begin with.

As I said, nothing conclusive about them. Photos are easily doctored to look like something they are not.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

SirDent, do you remember a documentary in which they found what appeared to be a very large boat under the surface using some technology that had just been developed. I can barely remember it, but wondered where the story went from there? smile

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't remember anything about that Earnest. Not much into watching documentaries anymore. Not much into watching TV at all anymore unless it is sports of some type.

8. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

First I do believe in a historical flood and the existence of Noah.  Second, I don't know what the archeological finds mean, and they may, in fact be Noah's Ark.

But, those carvings of Byzantine crosses support my Greek Orthodox Viking Chief theory ... I'm just sayin' big_smile ...

1. profile image54

Your belief would remain intact despite the fact a vessel of that size couldn't possibly carry the millions of species that exist on the planet, and TWO of each species to boot?

I had a long explanation for you, but I deleted it all, and I'll just simply say "Yes".

You may now begin your ridicule.

1. profile image54

I have read many accounts of those who attempt to justify the millions of species allegedly "saved" by Noah. The problem is that when these types of fables were written, they had no clue there millions of species inhabiting the planet and they simply didn't think it through very well.

In general, based on my observations of your comments to others, you and I would be unable to agree on items considered axiomatic, therefore, it is logically impossible for us to come to the same conclusion. 

I will simply say that I asked these very questions decades ago, did my own research and have come to my own conclusions. The issue is settled in my mind for reasons I deem reasonable and rational.

If you have come to other conclusions, for your own reasons, so be it.  I feel no compelling need to persuade you that my point of view is correct.

I will say, because I am enjoying this discussion, that the evidence presented in previous posts on this thread show pretty clearly that something man-made was there and that some people believed it to be be Noah's ark (thus my joke about the viking chief).

Even though I believe in the ark, I do not believe that the evidence presented is conclusive enough to say that that spot is the resting place of Noah's ark, only that "something" was there at one time, and some people have thought it was the ark.

1. profile image54

That would stand to reason for anyone with reason, yes?

I'm sure you did, and I would be grateful as to how your research led you to conclude millions of species around the planet managed to fit on the vessel, along with food and provisions?

Do tell.

The short version:  I believe your numbers are based on a flawed use of modern taxonomy.  I also believe that modern Christianity's most popular interpretation of the events in Genesis 6+ is also flawed. 

I also believe certain boundary conditions have been ignored by both camps.

In short, I believe everyone is wrong in their interpretations, the "scientists" are wrong about what the data means and the "theists" are wrong about what the scripture means ... So, everyone is wrong! Except me of course wink ... but I'm probably wrong about that tongue.

1. profile image54

Could you please provide the correct taxonomy and the sources?

I had a JW bang on the door of my house a few months back who tried to convince me of the six major flaws (he called them lies) of Christianity. It was like Mother Goose trying to convince me not to believe in Aesop's fables.

However, feel free to elaborate if you think it supports your case.

What boundary conditions?

It's not easy being right about anything when you haven't a shred of evidence to present and all there is are countless interpretations of ancient texts to go on.

2. getitrite profile image72
          getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not to mention Noah and his family, and the massive amount of provisions.

1. profile image54

I've heard it argued that god provided the food and water for all the inhabitants of the ark, but one of things not argued was whether or not god picked up the shit afterward. big_smile

The two Australian crocodiles would have cleaned out most of the other animals in the first week! smile

9. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

http://www.solarnavigator.net/geography/geography_images/Rome_Roman_Colosseum.jpg

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good one Mikel.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks

10. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Side stepping the whole Noah's ark thing, you know I have asked this question of myself a thousand times. 

And..., in my honest opinion I cannot come up with, nor think of one "biblical" inspired bit of history.  It does not exists.  Which makes me wonder, how was it that so much was accomplished before man could record the moments.  And, why nothing has happened since the alphabet was invented.

It truly brings me pause in my faith sometimes.

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hello Intimate ...  If something does happen and we took a picture or movie of the event it would be skepticized to death. No one would believe it. The film could not be proven to be real. It would be said that it could not be disproven? 
         And then ignored.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, this could be true.  However, nothing?  In the last 2000 years, nothing?

I don't get it.

Well it is just my opinion but I think that we are living in the times of the Gentiles in which this world has been given into the hands of the BEAST. Next time he realy shows himself it will be for the grand finale.

Really Jerami- really?  That surprises me. Still, I appreciate your honesty and sharing that opinion with us.  Although, you must know already, that I would not nor do not agree with your sentiment.

Why?  It is quite simple really.  I do not give the devil that much credit over my time.  See, I'm more about praising God's messages rather than giving the devil praises, for creating the awesomeness of weather changes, plate tectonics, or the visual hues of sunsets. But that is just me.  I do not fear what God has to offer, anymore than I believe that the devil is compatible of creating rain.

I agree with the not giving the devil credit.
              I just think that Gods plan is unfolding exactly as intended and foretold.

11. IntimatEvolution profile image68

I guess that could be.  Night Jerami, good chatting with you.  But I'm getting sleepy.  We can pick this conversation up sometime tomorrow.  Cheers!smile

Good night Intimate sweet dreams.

12. IntimatEvolution profile image68

Could this be the lost ark?
    http://www.wnd.com/images2/arkwyattsite1.jpg

I do not understand why nobody is allowed to dig at this site.  What is Turkey afraid of?

The lost Ark?

What did they say when you went there?

Sh*t Mark- I've never been there.  Of course from your response, you already know this.  I was only adding to the conversation.  Which apparently got your attention.  Therefore it work.  Which we all know is a good thing.smile

Quite truthfully, I have a hard time believing in the story myself.  All the animals 2 by 2.  Really? I don't think so.

LOL

Of course - I was just making fun. If a bunch of Christians actually believed there was an actual Ark in Turkey being covered up by the Turkish government - you think the Christians might have gone and had a look?

Sorry - I did not get the fact that you were making fun of the idea and your question seemed as serious as all the other Kristians.

2 by 2? If you discount all scientific knowledge - sure - why not?

1. profile image0

Marcus "Aurelius" Knowles!

Haven't 'seen' you in a while.
            Thought I'd pop in to say `ello and see how you have been.
            have fun.

James

Oh - I have been around. Congratulations on making the "Top Ten Posters in the Irrational Belief Forum," by the way. I know that was a personal goal. big_smile

1. Hilili profile image60
                Hililiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How do you make it? My personal goal is to have 2701 followers like you.

Now that is a great goal! smile

Mark does have a massive following. If you read his hubs and see his other work on the net you will see why. smile
                  We have some very good writers here at hubpages I reckon. smile

2. profile image0

really? lol, didn't even know.
                cool, now i have a new goal: top forum poster in less than 21 minutes !!! lol

wait, i was always in the top ten, garsh. now i have to find a new forum. sad

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68

Even if we were to dig there, whose to say that the Romans didn't built it anyways.  Or the Chinese, Egyptians, Greeks, Philistines, etc...
            http://www2.rgzm.de/Navis/Musea/Ostia/I … 1f0007.jpg

I'm outta here.  The MU T I G E R S are getting ready to play in the NCAA tourney soon, take care and have a great week. Cheers!

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Even if this was Noah's Ark, I don't see how that could be proven. Whatever you decide to believe, the Turkish government is missing a trick here. The site could be exploited as a tourist destination bringing in huge sums of money for the local people and government. Perhaps once Turkey joins the EU it'll see the capitalist light.

Yeah, I said that already.

13. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I would think that the ancient word that "the whole earth" was translated from should be reexamined. Especially when in reference to this story.
      When King Cyrus wrote, that God had given him all the kingdoms of the whole earth and has CHARGED him to build him an house in Jerusalem .. This same word was translater "Whole earth". In that reference it pertained to the region around the Medetarian.
        Theist and Atheist both like to pick and choose when to take the translation of words and statements as being literal or not, depending upon how it suports their arguement.
         There are similar stories to the biblical flood that comes from around the world.
        Instead of the story being borrowed can't this similar event have happened all over the world.
         I don't know but that is the way in which I have always understood it.

14. IntimatEvolution profile image68

I'm curious how this forum thread, became stagnate on Noah's Ark.

Just goes to show you, that there is no evidence to that pertaining to a momentous, and biblical modern day event.

It conversations like these, that bring doubt to my beliefs.  Why hasn't God shown his might, in the past 2000 years?  I'd like to see the parting of the Pacific ocean, something, anything. 

Did God lose his magic touch?

srwnsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi intimat, actually I didn't start this thread searching for any specific history. I was wondering if there was any recent discoveries for an article I was writing for a client.

In truth there is evidence though many will not see it as such. The changing of the seasons, birth, the simple color of a flower or flutter of a birds wing. All these things and more,in my opinion, are evidence of God.

Of course "many" will not see it as such. That is because this is not "evidence." lol

Any fool can see this is proof of the Star Goat and only workers for the anti-goat like you would attempt to deceive your fellow man in this fashion. Get thee behind me ring worm.

I'm not a worker for anti-goat. What ever the H@$#% that means. I'm not trying to convince you to believe. Calling me names. Is that what your beliefs have made you?  PP

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

It's a good question. We are listening to 45th hand accounts by people with a vested interest and most of the believers do not seem to actually believe. They are more interested in showing some sort of superiority than living as Christians.

Exactly why doesn't god show himself like he used too?

You beleebers - please do not bombard me with the standard - You have to have faith - argument - if that were the case - whey did god supposedly show himself all over the place for the bible fairy tails?

But not any more. Now the only "evidence" is flowers. lol

Take off those cheap glasses and maybe you could see more.

Not that you are trying to convince me of anything. lol

Sorry - not interested in sharing your delusion. The Anti-Goat has many minions here on earth who attempt to spread the wurd that the Universe was not vomited by a Star Goat.

See? There are Goats, therefor the Star Goat vomited the Universe.

If you opened you eyes as well as your mind - you would see this as obvious truth.

Why else is there grass? Exactly. No other explanation. Proof.

I see your point...see I have an open mind. I have always listened to others, like you, I believe differently that's all.

You need proof.

nuff said.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68

Yeah.  You know Mark, I have to agree with you here.  Like I said, it is this area of subject matter, that puts doubt in my heart about my faith.

Why doesn't God show himself?
        What's he got to lose?

How come we don't have people turning into pillars of salt, or witness water turning into wine, or bushes spontaneously erupting into flames, while the darn thing talks to you?

I'd like to seeing a burning, talking, bush.

I'd like to see someone turn into a pillar of salt. 
        Like for instance, my mother.lol

Hi intimat, have you seen this:

http://www.angelsghosts.com/angel_encounters

I'm not saying these peoples stories are positive proof, but they do make one wonder. What if you were there?

No I haven't seen what is in the link.  However, hell ya I'd believe if I were there.  You know, I believe in him now.  I'm just saying that it makes no sense why all that happened 5000 years ago, and nothing happens today. 

I'd want to see something like the parting of the Pacific ocean, Lake Michigan turning into blood, Miami w/no Cubans....., something that is major and impossible, on a grand scale.  So why did he just stop?  You know what I mean?

I'm just thinking out loud.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

No, no - mine, mine. big_smile

lollol  That's too funny.

15. IntimatEvolution profile image68

Hi!

Well good luck with that. 

You know- there have been a couple underwater expeditions at the Dead Sea.

There is future hope that these expeditions will bring up some new biblical discoveries.  It is an interesting concept, but I don't anything has come out of it yet. 

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 173122.htm

I'd still like to see the parting of the Pacific ocean, something, anything.smile

16. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

I found it, Here's a picture of it for free.
    http://assets.urbanspoon.com/w/s/8w/JQHBJ3w6yQ7Gtt-640m.jpg
    sombody turned it into a burger joint, thats capitalism for ya.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)