Must for a truthful Religion

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (45 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

Following are important for a Religion:

1.    The founder of a religion; his historical existence.
    2.    The Message of the founder; whether it has reached us in its pristine and secure form, without doubt.
    3.    The system of security of the meanings of the text of the Message.
    4.    If the Message of the founder has claims, reason, arguments within the message on all important ethical, moral and spiritual matters that confront man in real life.

A fool-proof system on all the four points is essential; if it is not there, such a religion is only mythical and dangerous for humanity.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. Greek One profile image65
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

interesting...

so if I post a hub claiming that I am God. and that my message to my people is that they should make love to everyone and anyone they see as a means to be closer to me, then by your criteria, my new religion is "truthful"?

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Greek One

You may try such a hub; no compulsion.

Thanks

2. profile image54
      (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

A god that exists is all that is important for any religion.

Then, Islam is mythical and dangerous for humanity according to your four points.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Q

Please prove it vis-a-viz Buddhism and Christianity.

Thanks

1. profile image54

When all else fails, move the goalposts. wink

1. profile image51

Hi friend Q

I don't understand what you want to convey with your words "When all else fails, move the goalposts.". If you are hesitant to compare Christianity and Buddhism on the points; I do it for you:

1.    The founder of a religion; his historical existence.

Christianity: Generally, the historians mention of no historicity of Jesus; they are not even sure of his name. Jesus is not a Aramaic name; there is a complete thread on this in this forum.

Buddhism: There is no historicity of Buddha's life or his teachings.Buddhist scriptures were written after four hundred years of his death; not in the language Buddha spoke; but in Pali which was not spoken by Buddha, he spoke Magadhi. As our friend crmhaske has mentioned , Buddha did not want that the message was ever written; even then after four hundred years the message was written against the wish of Buddha.

2.    The Message of the founder; whether it has reached us in its pristine and secure form, without doubt.

Christianity: of Jesus has not reached us written by himself or dictated by him or written by somebody expressively authorized by him.The Scribes who wrote it were not eye-witnesses of the incident of Crucifixion, in fact they deserted Jesus at the hour of need; so it is not true that they wrote it with any inspiration.
            Buddhism: There is no certainty that Buddha's message has reached us in its pristine and secure form; it cannot be verified.
            3.    The system of security of the meanings of the text of the Message.

Christianity:There was no method of preservation of the Message of Jesus; hence the original message in the original language has been lost;and only its translation, which is never alternative of the original, is available.

Buddhism: There is no certainty that the message has reached is secure or its meaning derived are true.
            4.    If the Message of the founder has claims, reason, arguments within the message on all important ethical, moral and spiritual matters that confront man in real life.

Christianity:No; their is no such system; hence people and the Church either add a claim or a reason for it; whatever they choose.

Buddhism: There is no system of claim and reason in the Buddhist scriptures.

Both Christianity and Buddhism, as we see them presently, have failed to evolve a fool-proof system on all the above points essentials of a truthful religion; although Jesus and Buddha were truthful person, undoubtedly.

P.S. Christians or Buddhists are welcome to comment in the matter, however, I would request to do so in the same format, so that a comparative study is easy to make.

Thanks

1. profile image0
              crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1. I wanted to say historicity isn't a word, but I looked it up and apparently it is.  However; you used it wrong.  Historicity means having existed in history, which you can't claim the Buddha didn't - he existed, and he spoke.  Taught is not the right word, the Buddha did not teach.
              2. I don't care about the rest of it.

2. profile image54

It's what all Islamic propagandists do when their fabrications and lies are being exposed.

1. profile image0

It's what most people do when anything they believe strongly in is proved false.  Even if that's as simple as being a die hard Pepsi fan determined to prove they can taste the difference, but being fooled into thinking that glass of Coke was actually Pepsi (because of how trivial this example is, it is pretty hilarious to see people freak out, and accuse you of lying with this one haha)

1. profile image51

Hi friend crmhaske

Who proved and when? Please quote from such a person for everybody to see and comment.

Thanks

1. profile image0

I don't need to quote anybody.  I'm quite intelligent on my own thank you.

If you read everything I wrote in this thread, you'd understand.

Cognitive dissonance, and the end of the world cult example.  I've repeated them twice already, look for it yourself.

2. profile image0

The corner stone of cognitive dissonance, a condition that will forever plague religion.

1. profile image0
              Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

curious note: doesn't the same apply to any or most sciences? I mean, most equation/non-romantic ( or experimentation ) is constantly changing to meet the demand of the human condition, and its root desire, to know.

1. profile image0

Yup, it applies to all subject to human nature, which, well, is every human wink

The difference I suppose is that some are more prone to recognize this happening in themselves, and stop than others are.  When someone's beliefs tell them not to question, they are less likely to notice this happening - thou some do.  The teacher of my Study of Religion course was one of them.

1. profile image0

No doubt. But such is the immovable nature of the Ism.

1. profile image0

I agree, all are subject.

3. profile image0

Hmm, what are those exact goalposts, Q?
            And how are they different from the equation expression?

1. profile image0

I think it's just a metaphor that when all else fails, and you can't change the parameters, just change the equation.

I gave the example in a previous thread of a group of religious fanatics that were convinced the world was going to end so they grouped together and prayed to be saved, and the world didn't end.  Thou some left the cult when the prophesy wasn't fulfilled, most just accepted the premise that their prayers pleased their God and saved the world.

2. profile image51

How it makes mythical? Please elaborate.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63
          ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

myth is any story that uses elaborate symbolic language to convey its esoteric point.

though to some, it erroneously perceived as a lie.

myth is not a lie. it is just constructed using metaphorical language instead of a news report. Children like to listen to fairy tales instead of listen to lectures because of this. you deliver the lesson more efficiently with the use of mythology.

they are however not intended to be taken literally.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Any religion not based on reality is mystical(mysticism).

Therefore, every religion that has a belief in a creator and/or god is damaging to the world.

Thank you for pointing that out. smile

1. Valerie F profile image61
      Valerie Fposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You've missed the logical step that says all mysticism is harmful and have not yet proven that all mysticism is false.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Apparently, as usual, you like to twist things, but mysticism was proven false, a long time ago. If you need to read up on it, then please do so. roll

1. JulesGerome profile image59
          JulesGeromeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mysticism can't be proven wrong, because it's a state of one's soul and mind. So it's personal and real for the person involved. Maybe you're mistaking Mysticism with Myths, which are proven false of course ! LOL

2. profile image54

No one has demonstrated any mysticism isn't false.

2. ceciliabeltran profile image63

Cagsil, you are normally better at stating your point than this.

3. ceciliabeltran profile image63

first of all no religion is based on mundane reality.

next any mention of G-d already is outside of mundane reality.

so what you're saying is religion is bullshit. just say it that way atleast you don't make any pretense of objective opinion.

religion operates on a different reality which is a valid reality in terms of the psyche. The consciousness understands this language deeply.

the problem is when people start to behave like insane people and they cannot translate the reality of the psyche from the physical one.

that's when religion spirals down to mass hysteria and insanity.

4. profile image51

Hi friend Cagsil

I don't agree with you.
      You are wrong there.

Islam is a reality as it is from an absolute reality the creator-God Allah YHWH and is neither mystical nor it is dangerous for the world.

The world in fact is in danger from the Skepticism Atheism as they have no system in life and no truthful ideology to follow.

Thanks

3. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 13 years ago

Last I checked, Mr God didn't have a verifyable historical identity. smile

1. profile image51

Hi friend AdeleCosgroveBray

How you verify history? Please

Thanks

1. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
        AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

History is verfied in exactly the same way that anything else is verfied - with evidence.  smile

1. profile image51

Hi friend AdeleCosgroveBray

And how would you define "evidence" here?

Thanks

1. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
            AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Evidence = that which proves or disproves something.

Simple, really.

4. profile image0
    crmhaskeposted 13 years ago

I also wanted to add that the Buddha's original message is not what is important, it is how it has evolved that is.  One gets nowhere trying to stay in place or return to the place one started.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)