jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Religious Co-ops in diff countries.

1. sooner than later profile image57
    sooner than laterposted 7 years ago

Hello again hubbers- from Costa Rica. I can't immagine ever living state side again. A few years back my wife and I started a Co-op in costa rica that includes 60 acres of beautiful land in the mountains. We now have 12 full time people living here(young and old), fresh food grown and raised on the farm, neighbors we get along with and trust, smiling faces, no talk of politics, cheap cost of living(sustainable actually) and all the accomidations I was once used to plus peace and quiet. For you christians who are sick of all the noise and the atheist agenda, I can't make a stronger suggestion. Sell everything and get out of babylon. I'll even help you on your way.

1. goldenpath profile image73
      goldenpathposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'd love to send some of our young men and women down your way for the grand experience.

sooner than laterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

send em down- we can always use enthusiastic youth. Have a swimming hole 100 yards away.

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sell everything sounds a little bit scary . What if someone arrives there and 3 months later decides to go back to Babylon ? with what money is he going to be able to buy a hanging garden ? hmm

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sounds totally awesome!

But the mission field here in my Country hasn't been covered yet. And a Christian cannot just retire; their work is never done.

4. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 7 years ago in reply to this

sooner, that is awesome!
      I hear the surf down there is crazy?!

Babylon v the real world is every believers challenge.
      Letting go of the americana gods [ book link ].
      My spot would be St. Lucia.

Enjoy!

2. shazwellyn profile image82
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

Sounds like a commune.  Great stuff.  Lets get back to nature.  Do you have to be a christian?  Cant you just be a nature girl?

Anyone is more than welcome to visit. The phrase, "you reap what you sow" is a major part of our lively-hood- not to say we don't have free loading guests at times, but anyone who stays understands where our food comes from and lends a helping hand. Its actually very gratifying for everyone- and people never want to leave. The nice thing about down here is things really want to grow and most of your time is spent ridding invasive plants instead of begging your garden to grow(Strange difference from AZ).

In short- yes you could stay.

3. Misha profile image72
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Were you friends with Jim Jones by chance?

I serve kool aid on the first night. muahahahaha

ummm- never heard of him.

1. Misha profile image72
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Seriously? Educate yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

sure I've heard of him. didn't you catch the kool aid joke? Misha, Misha...

4. goldenpath profile image73
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

Sooner, can you send information via email?

working