Jesus did not believe in UFOs

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (59 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Hi friend

Believing in Unidentified flying object is only a superstitious act; Jesus, Moses or Buddha never believed in such things.

It is neither a proven scientific fact nor mentioned in the Word of Revelation of any truthful Messenger Prophet of the Creator-God Allah YHWH; it is a meaningless thing to believe in.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, there you go.

2. Rishy Rich profile image70
      Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol Hohohohohoho  Hehehehehehe ....Cant stop it Maann!!! This time its tooo much!!! lol lol lol

http://s.myniceprofile.com/myspacepic/478/47831.gif

3. Bikash jha profile image59
      Bikash jhaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

paarsurrey, it have nothing to do with religion and jesus,prophet, mose,buddha were spiritual healers and they have talked about spritiual stuffs, mediatation and way to achieve eternal peace by different means(or specific means they have suggested)
      If you want to know about these stuffs like Ufo and whether positive or negative and whether to believe it or not you have to read about scientist and their work but not the spritual leaders.

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Bikash jha

It is neither in the Science nor in the Religion; it is simple superstition. Did Einstein or Newton believe in such meaningless things? I don't think so.

Thanks

1. Bikash jha profile image59

But stephen hawkins does not exactly in UFO but in aliens and yes he might wont like to share about UFO because of the gov attempt to hide them and he is big personality who can convince masses and most of all, it was not a big issue in time of buddha as lots things were not discovered or misconcepted and einstien was too busy fighting against war with his own work to research these things but he have stated about infinity of universe which in itself is believing statement(similar kind of thought was forwarded by hawkins but more elaborated)

2. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
        Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for clarifying that for him.

4. Dave Barnett profile image59
      Dave Barnettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You ever read the Bhagatavita? Not sure about the spelling. Vimanas are described, great flyng machines, like something outta Buck Rogers, but you are correct in your core statement. They all thought that all those strange phenomena are in no need of explanation. Now we sit and argue and discuss. We're the ones in the dark. Must be great to be enlightened

Dave i am a hindu and its bhagwat gita, good you know that, but those things are described as machines used by warriors in war of mahabharat and yes our ancestors might have confused alien techonolgy and spaceship with heavenly boon or support from gods and biman is modern airplane was used by raavan(villain of ramayana) may be he was helped by aliens or get it from them but again its described as gods boon and one more thing in mahabharat lots of weapon used appear as modern day missiles and other weapon (atom bomb) but articles written are thousands year old and story is considered true as we still have places which were described in those epics whcih goes from nepal, india to sri lanka and i dont think any writer could write imaginary fiction with keeping so much places from that far and we have heck thousand of proof of those wars.

1. Dave Barnett profile image59

Thanks for the clarification, said I wasn't sure, so I kinda did it phonetically. Man has just started to really see the period since the end of the last ice age, what may have been before is almost anyones geuss, and yes on the explanation of the content. Star Wars. Maybe inter-dimensional or time travel. Could it be prophecy?

Thats why i told you. I dont blame you for not spelling it correctly, i myself have just started learning french and i know how diffcult its to say or write something tottaly unknown from your linguistic pattern. I was unlucky who missed stars war so imissed you what you mean but things you said about ice age endings may be just right because according to our old hindu doctrines we were so advanced back in time be it sex(search on google Kamasutra the old hindu book) or medical, economic or any other science(vaidya)
            but we have declined so much now and our socities have gone backward and sex have become taboo and people dont follow anything of those sciences anymore as in mahabharat( a women was married to 5 men, people were known from their mothers name, semen transfers(through mediatation or telepath proabably) and things which are still taboo in most mdern socities of the world has been described and looking at our history and present i can definetly say something have horribly gone wrong between timelines.

2. snagerries profile image69
          snagerriesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What do you believe in? If my memory serves me well, only a few years ago, the percentage of Americans who believed that UFOs are real was about 18%. One out of 5 wasn't bad really, but now the latest polls indicate that as many as 34% say that they think UFOs are real. Quite a jump.

5. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One landed in my yard last night. I knocked. He came right out. We chatted for a couple hours. Then he left.

HAHAHA watch out fbi might be at your door this time

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
          paradigmsearchposted 14 years agoin reply to this

May the force be with you.

6. profile image0
      TanielHoustonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i belive the CIA created a such thing for there own partcular reasons (research) and people started to create weird stories from them. I don't know if this is true but I heard it from someone.

7. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Buddhists do believe in UFOs and alien life .

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend  mohitmisra

I was not saying about the Buddhists; I was saying about Buddha. Please quote from Buddha that he was superstitious.

Thanks

1. Pearldiver profile image68
          Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're clearly a fan of broken jigsaw puzzles mate!

How Sad... When all you can do is demonstrate that you are missing all the relevant pieces for the game in hand lol

What a Hard case.... you found some other pieces in the rubbish and you're going to make them fit your argument huh? hmm

Just... So Full of it.. Naa Noo Naa Noo big_smile

8. marcofratelli profile image77
      marcofratelliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe UFOs are one form of "false miracles" of these "end times" before the second coming of Christ. They are "supernatural manifestations from hell" designed to confuse the masses and turn them away from God.

Here is a page that details messages from Our Lady and Jesus in the 1970s that relate to UFOs http://www.tldm.org/directives/d45.htm

I wonder why the "agents of hell" can only travel in these ships...

Thanks
      I am learning to be a better Christian. smile

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Love the homepage picture. What a hat!smile

http://www.tldm.org/images/Pope%20Benedict2.gif

9. profile image58
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From the Old Testament _ Ezekiel saw the flying wheels

1. profile image51

Hi friend exorter

Ezekiel was a Messenger Prophet of the Creator-God Allah YHWH; they see truthful dreams, visions and Word of Revelation from the Creator-God Allah YHWH. It does not mean that Ezekiel saw with his naked eye; they see things with their hearts or experience it; it might be a prophecy for the future; that has come true in this era and we see flying machines with wheels daily in the air i.e. airplanes.

The dreams and the visions are often interpretable as Joseph saw a dream and Jacob interpreted it; it is mentioned in Quran, just Google it.

So Ezekiel did not see any UFOs; he was not superstitious.

Thanks

1. pisean282311 profile image63
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

how do u define superstition?...now according to me jinn is superstition..for u it might not be superstition..for some even god is superstition..so plz clarify what is superstition definition as per u?

1. profile image51

Hi friend  pisean282311

I agree with you, believing in Jinns who get hold of girls or men is also superstition. Quran does not mention of such beings.

Thanks

1. Beelzedad profile image59

Just think how huge the Quran would be if it did mention all superstitions. wink

10. camlo profile image81
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What a strange thing to write ...
      There were actually far more UFOs flying about all over the place during the times of Jesus, Moses and Buddha. I'm sure they all believed in them.

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
        Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was a heck of a lot more obvious! There are countless statements in the holy bible about situations with UFO's' (for goodness sakes! [Mr. Peaceful Muslim]) What this guy is saying is pretty much correct.

Just look at the book of Ezekiel...that book alone speaks about it.

Listen to what my friend here has to say about them seeing UFO's' a lot in the sky. The holy men knew all to well about them. Where do you think some of them came from or visited with?!

'Peaceful Muslim', who do you think the gods were that they spoke about coming to earth and helping teach things, etc..

Remember they didn't have televisions, the internet, phones, or electric poles strewn up everywhere interfering with the natural rhythm of energy fields. They lived in a more natural state of environment and were more aware of it.

Furthermore, they were outside more often than not. They looked up in the sky often. And many wrote (if they knew how) about what they saw and experienced, they drew pictures of space ships and made paintings of them, of what they saw.

Lala!

2. stilljustwonderin profile image58
    stilljustwonderinposted 14 years ago

So do you believe that out of all the planets this is the only one that has life?  We have our "space craft".  There may be life on other planets denying that we exist.

Radio telescopes have failed to find the signature of a technology, but we also can't define many things which might be relevant: what exactly is life, and can it be based on something other than carbon. Vast stellar distances are problematic. But we're getting off course with this. Of course those guys that were mentioned didn't believe in UFOs. everything is a revelation.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image58
        stilljustwonderinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are things in the Bible that has left questions.  Not everything is discussed in detail.    If some one doesn't discuss something then I can't know what they believe about it.   A chariot with firey wheels.  A description, or literal?

3. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 14 years ago

To the Skeptic it is one in the same, if there is intelligent life out in the universe, if you can believe in a God, you should be able to acknowledge the possibility of other life and Vice Versa ... These are things we don't know because we haven't been that far into space..That is just my opinion - This coming from an Agnostic person

i seriously have to admit you are right in yourself if you meant you dont care if you dont or cant know it but for rest of us its humanly curiosity and talking and discussions have solve millions of mystery, this time we even have proof with us.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

There is certainly nothing unreasonable to suggest other life is in the universe, however gods are another story that have nothing to do with that.

Intelligent life forms is yet another story. Intelligence is but another small branch of evolution, and of all the species that have come and gone on earth, and there have been many, there are but few that have evolved intelligence. Humans have done so in a very short time period, geologically speaking. Even dinosaurs roamed the earth for millions of years yet never evolved intelligence as we did. smile

4. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 14 years ago

From what I understand from your statement, I respect your curiosity, everyone has curiosity, this is why I am here to learn. I do investigate sources of UFO evidence, I am open minded this is just my current theory I have settled in.

I am not trying to offend you or something and its nice to see you are curious and more nice to know that you have not made any perception about things you dont know. thanks.

5. sabrebIade profile image78
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

http://a.imageshack.us/img835/9980/446pxgelderaertdethebap.jpg

The Baptism of Christ by Aert de Gelder (1710).

What I've been saying is that Jesus, Moses, or even Buddha probably wouldn't have veiwed these things as unknowns. It's not the best forum.

you mean they know it???

2. Bikash jha profile image59

wow

6. Jerami profile image60
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Dave Barnett

What I've been saying is that Jesus, Moses, or even Buddha probably wouldn't have veiwed these things as unknowns. It's not the best forum.
    =====================================================
    Bikash jha

you mean they know it???
    ==============================================

I don't know if that is what Dave is saying ???   
    But I would.

Yeah!  I agree.  They know it, they just didn't discuss it.

1. Jerami profile image60
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would think that God has a lot of stuff that  we would call unidentified.

Yes, but won't it be wonderful when we can see it all!

And have a pocket full of it ???

1. profile image0
              Kathryn LJposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you guys in a room with some recently applied solvents?

Not me ...   But I have been working out in the sun all day without my hat.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image58

Me either.  We just know the best is yet to come.

Yea  Baby ....   Today was a good day to be alive

7. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

@paar how do u know for sure whether jesus believe in ufo or not?..secondly vatican has become open to idea of ufo..

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...And the Catholic church is the perfect example of christianity? With nothing but pagan based doctrines?

@wrylit that is not my point..my point is different..point here is context..context of paar about ufo is linked with belief that earth is special and so is human species...we know how doctrines used to believe that earth is flat , there are witches and such stuffs which we no longer believe..so here what i am trying to say if as humans explore more , we know more...now if i would have said to you 100 years back that u wuld be in australia and i would be in India and we would be chatting ..would u believe that?..so what people believe say 500,1000,2000 or 5000 years ago doesnot mean it is finality...jesus is different though..since it is matter of faith..for those who believe in him , HE himself is totality..for me UFO might exist..i m not closed to that idea...

1. WryLilt profile image89
          WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh I believe in UFOs - I believe the Bible talks of them too, although my knowledge in that area isn't what it used to be. Something about greater beings observing us [not heavenly ones].

2. profile image51

Hi friend  pisean282311

Vatican is no authority on Jesus; Jesus never appointed them as their spokesmen. Please quote from Jesus.

Thanks

hey paar, from where should i quote u..if i am not wrong most muslims believe that moses or christ or abhraham or muhammad or any were revealed message from god (allah)..right?

also bible is corrupted and so is gita or other religious book except quran according to muslims..

now tell me from where should i quote becoz going by your logic all are imperfect books which had no original teaching...

8. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Actually, UFOs are mentioned in the Bible. Read Ezekiel.

9. profile image50
    Anicholposted 13 years ago

Oh how great it would be for mankind if beings from another planet existed. We could continue to rape and pilage the planet and ask them for a lift to a new one when we are finished.

People want to believe in UFO's cause they have no faith that we can survive on our own and for good reason as we see on world news everyday how we have stuffed things up.

Luke 21:
    7 Then they questioned him, saying: “Teacher, when will these things actually be, and what will be the sign when these things are destined to occur?”
    8 He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.
    9 Furthermore, when YOU hear of wars and disorders, do not be terrified. For these things must occur first, but the end does not [occur] immediately.”
    10 Then he went on to say to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom;
    11 and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences and food shortages; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.

I don't think Jesus was saying there will be UFO,s but the message is clear do not be misled.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Anichol

Well , that is about Second Coming; which has already taken place in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908.

Thanks

10. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

The issue :There is certainly nothing unreasonable to suggest other life is in the universe.

Paarsurrey says:

Life could exist elsewhere in the Universe; Quran hints to it but so far there has been no confirmed reports from the Scientists that they have made any contact with the humans. Conjectures are no good against certainties.

Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)