The Bible is the information the world needs today.

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (75 posts)
  1. profile image52
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

This is a book that teaches love.

1. Stump Parrish profile image61
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The bible has been around for over 2000 years and has taught nothing about love to the world. The only thing it has taught is how to hate and persecute.

At what point in time do you think religion in general might start working for the good of all people and not just those with the same belief? When are christians supposed to start acting like their jesus taught them too? When are they going to start sharing some of that love they get from the bible?

When they can actually show me that the bible can do some good for those who don't believe the myth, I might start speaking a little better of this handy dandy excuse for persecuting anyone the church selects. By the way, it always justifies this persecution with words from this book of love you're advocating.

1. profile image0
        linsm76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Boy, you have it all mixed up.  The bible does not teach to hate or persecute.

When are Christians supposed to start acting like Jesus told us to?  The answer to that is easy:  The minute that we asked Jesus to change us, to change our life.  All of us are humans, and all of us have faults, no matter what.

But the problem with Christianity seems to be:

1.  Do as I say, not as I do
        2.  A lot of judgement, when we are not to judge, only God can do that
        3.  Telling people that they are going to hell.  Again, that is not our call to make.  Besides, how can I tell you that you are going to hell, if I dont even know where I will go?

A lot of christians and pastors need to learn how and to START WALKING THE WALK, RATHER THAN TALKING THE TALK.

And I AM A CHRISTIAN.  I am sure, I will get beat up for this one.  But, I answer to God, not man.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This would be helpful with regards to Christians. I'm sure pastors have already walked the walk, and realize there is no god. Or at least, the "god" of religion is false, but perpetuates the idea of a "god" to others, so they will have a place to fit in. Not realizing that they already fit in with humanity.
          Break a law of man and see who you answer to? hmm

On another thought, since you are a proud "Christian", I must ask....

Do you adhere to the Major 3 Doctrine of religion? If so, how long have you been?

I urge you to consciously think about your reply, because the Major 3 Doctrines of religion which are supposedly a "god's will" or "god's words", cannot be achieved by humans.

So, while you are thinking about it- Why would a "god" give humans unattainable goals? hmm

Just some thoughts to ponder. hmm

2. Vargtorna profile image58
      Vargtornaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't our entire decadent western society failing as a result of being built upon this trash? While the Eastern religions (however inhumanely) beacon for eons past and eons to come. The Western world will kill us all.

3. Ruben Rivera profile image60
      Ruben Riveraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The bible has a lot of good stories but I think unfortunately most of what's in there is misinformation, written by men according to their beliefs at the time.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Teaches love? hmm

Nothing teaches love like actions from honest people, who care.

There is nothing in the "bible" or any other religious document that can teach love.

The Bible is supposedly an instruction manual for blind followers, who have no rational thought or consciousness.

Any consciously active mind disspells any of the so-called truths of any religion.

1. skipper112 profile image61
      skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do not belive that the Bible is for 'blind followers' have you read the Bible, it preaches love in the NT, Jesus Christ preached love and peace,so am I to asume that you have not read the Bible, and please give me your proof of dispelled so called truths??
      I am Catholic, please show me were the Holy Bible is a instruction manual for blind followers, who have no rational thought or consciousness???
      Please show me were My Lord Jesus didn't preace love??

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wadda ya do with the OT Skipper? Use it for toilet paper perhaps?

It's all one book. The NT is just a few ignoramuses trying to wiggle out from under the hate filled other half of the tome, and in doing so contradicts itself endlessly. smile

3. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

why why why do i even bother to add my comments to these posts.

I love to read the bible.

It has a wonderful message.

It unites and brings harmony and love if it applied

i find it hurtful that people can actually say time and again, horrible things about this most sacred book.  It is indeed a gem, it is encouraging .... it offers hope. 

I do not want to argue with anyone.

Earnesthub how are your grandchildren. My three grandchildren, are visiting their cousins in Florida at the moment, and having a ball.  god bless xxxxxx

Mine are all here with me now as I write. smile They all have a cough that has been around a while, but they seem unbothered by it. smile I hope yours have a wonderful time! smile

I usually quote the hate straight from the book, I have no need to do more, as the OT is one of the most abusive pieces of literature on the planet.
      I have no problem with your pleasure in reading it, but take  umbrage at the threats and fear it promotes.

There are parts of the bible that have beauty and depth, especially in the OT of all places!

Enjoy yourself, my opinions are not meant to hurt anyone, but when threatened by religionists with their god I respond by pointing out that someone else's god does not speak for me and I do not like being included in their belief. smile

1. Joy56 profile image68
        Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

coughs and colds seem to be world wide at the moment.   give them a hug from me...

Thank you! Yes I will give them a hug from you. I get hugs all day from the girls, Angus is too much of a superhero to want too many hugs, except at night when he wants a kiss and a cuddle and a snuggle buggle. Whatever that means. smile

1. Joy56 profile image68

i am jealous, the only two grandchildren that are near me, are at school right now...... it must be nice to see them all the time..

It is fantastic for me living with them. I just tucked them in (again) and told Angus the story I promised him last night that I would read. I had to kiss and cuddle a bunch of teddy bears as well!
              Children are everything. They are love. They give love without hesitation. I am in paradise and I know it!

If in your position I would just ensure that you get time with them when you can. I wish I could wave a magic wand and have all the worlds children move closer to their grandparents. I know it's good for them, and it's more than good for me/us. smile
              I am glad you have 2 living close. They will get out of school soon. smile

1. Joy56 profile image68

you actually live with them,  Yep grandchildren are wonderful things.  Know what i really thing one of your grandchildren will learn to love the bible and put you right...... it has happened before.  ha ha

Yes I do actually live with them.

I was a devout christian at one time and tackled the bible like most things I do, full on!
                  I studied it for years, was a foundation member of CBMC (Christian businessman's committee) a world wide organization and even saw the dead sea scrolls and had them explained to me by Clifford Wilson, the then director of the institute of archeology.

I'm afraid they will not be converting me to any religion as I have come to firm conclusions on the subject. smile I doubt any of them will be taking on religion although like all families, we do have several religions in the family already. smile

1. profile image0
                    Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the dead sea scrolls are have astrology etc in them too?

2. Joy56 profile image68

i feel there is a lot of difference between religion and the bible actually.

4. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

there are many books which teach love but how does that matter?..in end it is not what book teaches but what people learn...same book was misused by crusaders and same is being misused even today by people who differentiate between humans in name of religion...in the end humans are plain humans...

5. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 13 years ago

Totally agree, haj3396.

lol lol

6. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

I understand why you think that the bible doesn't teach love.  However, can you please explain to this Christian, who reads the bible often, this part and I quote;

"The Bible is supposedly an instruction manual for blind followers, who have no rational thought or consciousness."

Have you ever read the bible, or any part of it?
    If the bible is "supposedly" blah, blah, blah- wouldn't you rather find out the truth, than just banking on possibilities, when you go to insult a whole rash of people?  To this supposedly irrational thinker, I think it would be the logical and practical thing to do.

Bias opinions, directed to insult a select group of people, is hate mongering.  So Cags what's the deal?  Can you explain your thoughts?

Hey IE,

The Bible and EVERY other religious book on the planet, is NOT needed.

Can I explain my thoughts? I figured the words were plain enough to be understood.

Was there some words you didn't understand? How did you get "hate" mongering from my words?

I'm sorry, I am not one of the disillusioned folks here. I am consciously active in my thoughts and usually, I have no need or desire to repeat myself, but constantly have to because irrational people want to twist what is said.

I'm not looking for people to twist the meanings of my words or even the sentence structure I use to say something. If you derive "hate" from my words, then apparently this is how YOU see the world itself, not just me.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't see hate in the world.  I just stated, that your bias opinion that we are irrational, is hate mongering.  That is called an OBSERVATION.wink Does all CAPS work there too?  I mean, YOU seem to think there is a need to use them right now.  And, YOU are the rational one:lol:

I find your response rather typical.  You insult a whole mass of people, and then you get "hateful" when someone points out the obvious observation. You know, you could have offered up something that was worth discussing, since this is a forum Cags.  They are your words, therefore it would have made for a good debate.  I really wanted to know.  But not now.......
        You'd think since you are sooooooooooo "rational," you could have came up with that idea all on your own.tongue

Nice childish response.
          I would say something, maybe of a little more value, but you're not likely to understand. So, I guess in the end, you really have no point. hmm
          It's funny how you pick out "insults" as "hateful". I guess that goes with your skewed view. hmm

And, when I do offer up what has been learned, you and every other religious fanatic on HubPages, claims I'm going to hell, or won't be saved(as if it was needed), or whatever else. YOU are categorized with all other religious folk. You want to take yourself away from that group, too bad, you cannot do that. You have a belief in a "god", when Life doesn't require you to do so. The fact that you don't understand that truth because you're being too irrational in thought is not my problem. I'm just pointing it out.

But, now what? You'll do the same that every other religious fanatic on HubPages does, by twisting what is said.
          I'm sure this statement was made for some purely selfish reason and yes I can see the smiley at the end, which is completely out of place, even if statement is made based on sarcasm. hmm

1. profile image0
            linsm76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, you need to be saved!  The truth is that we were ALL saved the day Christ died for all of the sins of mankind. 

There is a difference between salvation and eternal life, and most Christians will argue that one til the cow comes home.  We may lose our salvation, but we will never lose eternal life.

We can live in the darkness filled with hate, or we live in the light which is filled with goodness and love.  That is our choice to make.  God is not our warden.  He gave us the words to live by, what we do with them, is our Free Will, which he gave to all of us.  We have the ability to live as we please, and to make our own decisions.  What happens when the day comes that we all are Judged, what we have done with our lives, good and bad, will be between God and each individual.

There is no truth in this statement. It would be nice if there was, but to no avail there is not.
              Eternal life? You're too funny. lol
              If you knew or understood the true meaning of that statement, then you would have no belief in a god.

There is no god. hmm
              Can you prove any of this without using a bible or religious reference?
              This is so far in this post the only thing I'll agree with.
              You cannot prove anyone will be judge without any religious scripture, which is completely based on conjecture at best.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69

"Religious fanatic"
            "Childish"
            "Irrational"

And the personal attack, and the personal insults just keep a coming with you.

It was an OBSERVATION Cags. Gee'z

Hey IE,

Why are you looking at those words as insults?

Religious fanatics? They exist. Not an insult, just a reality.

Childish? Come on, an insult? You've got to be kidding. Grow up!

Irrational? Is not an insult. hmm

And here we go again.......... it doesn't stop with you Cags, now I need to grow up?

Seriously?

Again, it was an observation.  Gee' wiz.roll

It is quite clear you cannot academically back up your hate mongering.  This aggressive display of brutish, illogical behavior displayed by yourself, clearly states the obvious.  However, seeing how you cannot dispel observations in a constructive manner, I'll leave that observation to myself.tongue

And I need to grow up.  Please.lollollol

roll

That's what I've been saying myself.

lol  You're too funny. lol

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The definition of 'irrational' is: not consistent with or using reason, while the definition for 'hate' is: dislike intensely; feel antipathy or aversion towards.

If we stated someone was irrational because they ran across busy streets without looking for traffic, are we saying we are hate mongering those people? If we stated someone was irrational because they walked near steep cliffs blindfolded, are we hate mongering those people?

Obviously not. One definition has nothing to do with the other, hence it is fallacious to make such claims.

It is therefore 'irrational' to claim someone is 'hate mongering' only because they have opined that a group of people are not using reason. smile

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Yes the bible is full of luv.

"I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD.  "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die.  I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD.  "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship.  I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear.  For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars.  They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too.  So now I will destroy them!  And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do.  They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings."   (Zephaniah 1:2-6 NLT)

Don't religionists know anything about the "good book?" What do you say about the thousands of childish neurotic quotes in the bible? Just don't see them I guess.

Nasty, neurotic little god! lol

8. earnestshub profile image80

Here is some of the "information" the world needs from the bible. smile

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge!  Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD.  "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction".   (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

Nice war mongering tiny little neurotic god!

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awwww. Did they fall down, go boom? Earnest, there is really nothing worse than someone that doesn't seem to have a clue. Except someone who is really clueless. The clue I'm speaking of? If it were a snake. YOU WOULD BE DEAD!

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I bet you wish you could increase the size of your font to get your point across. lol

lol lol god forbid! lol lol

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69

Thank GOD for Earnst!!!!lollollol I'm joking of course, but I am glad your around.

Thanks for trying to keep this thread on post.  I for one appreciate that.  I'm finished with the sideshow.

smile Just trying to keep the faith. smile

Yeah, you know I don't even think the world really needs biblical information.  I mean that bible has some really interesting aspects, but so does the dictionary.     

It is just the principle of lumping all of us Christians into one "stereotypical" mold that gets really old and fast.  Hey I'm off to watch some Ancient Aliens that I TiVo.  Take care of them girls now. 

Night all.

9. earnestshub profile image80

Some more bible "luv"

The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath.  He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies!  The LORD is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished.  He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm.  The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet.  At his command the oceans and rivers dry up, the lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wilt.  In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed.  Who can stand before his fierce anger?  Who can survive his burning fury?  His rage blazes forth like fire, and the mountains crumble to dust in his presence.  The LORD is good.  When trouble comes, he is a strong refuge.  And he knows everyone who trusts in him.  But he sweeps away his enemies in an overwhelming flood.  He pursues his foes into the darkness of night.   (Nahum 1:2-8 NLT)

What in all hell is godly about this jealous neurotic individual?

10. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 13 years ago

I thought the good book says that love is like a noisy gong?
    Imagine going up to your girl and saying, "Hey babe, I love you like a noisy gong." 

nice.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

from my vague recollections, the love stories went something like "your teeth are as white as sheep"

11. earnestshub profile image80

Mis-information and lies like this make the bible a dangerous and stupid book to follow.

Is any among you sick?  Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him.   (James 5:14-15 ASV)

(This passage is evil because people who believe it may not get proper medical treatment for their sick children.)

12. earnestshub profile image80

More biblical "luv" to ponder.

When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are about to enter and occupy, he will clear away many nations ahead of you: the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites.
    These seven nations are all more powerful than you.  When the LORD your God hands these nations over to you and you conquer them, you must completely destroy them. 
    Make no treaties with them and show them no mercy.
    Do not intermarry with them, and don't let your daughters and sons marry their sons and daughters. 
    They will lead your young people away from me to worship other gods.  Then the anger of the LORD will burn against you, and he will destroy you.   (Deuteronomy 7:1-4 NLT)

Vicious little god! smile

1. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yea Earnest! You left out Bullies and Murderers last night in very acurate discription of these sick evil cults. But try to understand, most religious people are sane decent good people who practice love and peace for Gods sake alone. There is no hidden agenda of hate in most of us. That's why I love you and God loves you. All God ask of us is to go about our lives being decent people. I may not fit the bill but you most certainly do. Gods shines out in all of your words. Even the harsh words are said to wake up those killers. From the book, the stand "you dont have to believe in God Baby...GOD BELIEVES IN YOU! I think there's a special place in heaven for a happy honest and good soul or maybe two!  Mayhaps I see you there! Mayhaps I wont...I'll pack a fan and a sweater.

13. earnestshub profile image80

A little bit of info about jesus as the messiah.

Prophecies to Identify the Messiah, Which Jesus Does Not Fulfill:

1) Matthew 1:23 says that Jesus (the messiah) would be called Immanuel, which means "God with us."  Yet no one, not even his parents, call him Immanuel at any point in the bible.

2) The Messiah must be a physical descendant of David (Romans 1:3 & Acts 2:30).  Yet, how could Jesus meet this requirement since his genealogies in Matthew 1 and Luke 3 show he descended from David through Joseph, who was not his natural father because of the Virgin Birth. Hence, this prophecy could not have been fulfilled.

3) Isaiah 7:16 seems to say that before Jesus had reached the age of maturity, both of the Jewish countries would be destroyed.  Yet there is no mention of this prophecy being fulfilled in the New Testament with the coming of Jesus, hence this is another Messiah prophecy not fulfilled.

The bible is not a good source of information, in fact if you read it properly from cover to cover, you will see it is a mass of lies.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)