jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Need a memory verse for Sunday School.

1. lovelypaper profile image66
    lovelypaperposted 6 years ago

What's a challenging but not too long verse for 8-10 yr. olds? Thanks.

1. Aficionada profile image91
      Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is the lesson on?  Don't you want the verse to complement the story, theme, emphasis?

1. lovelypaper profile image66
        lovelypaperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hannah. I don't necessarily need to with the story .

2. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I'm so sorry I missed your response earlier!  Here are three possibilities.  The long ones could be shortened for the 8-year-olds, if necessary, by omitting the portions I have put brackets around. 

Psalm 55:17  Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, [and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice.]

Luke 11:9-10  [So I say to you,] ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; [knock, and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.]

Philippians 4:6-7  [Be anxious for nothing, but] in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; [and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.]

3. fundguru profile image60
    fundguruposted 6 years ago

I would say one of the sweetest is Psalm 23. It has only a few lines and it is easy to remember as well valuable for people,who truly believe in God.

4. Sky321 profile image32
    Sky321posted 6 years ago

A soft answer turneth away wrath, but grevious words stir up anger. proverbs 15?? not sure but in the proverbs.

5. lovelypaper profile image66
    lovelypaperposted 6 years ago

Thanks. These are all great.

working