Witnessing

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Michael Adams1959 profile image80
    Michael Adams1959posted 13 years ago

How do you witness to people? Whether it is someone you know or a complete stranger?

1. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The one who strive after another way in order to be a witness for god do noy yet know God...

for God is already witness through and by all things including oneself...all one needs to d is Live.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is a good word of truth to wake up to... 
        good morning

1. kess profile image60
          kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good morning Jerami...

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My life is an enigma to others and they always notice that I am living differently than everyone else. I witness by example.

3. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Usually, you don't witness for a complete stranger.

But, to witness to someone you know, print and sign your name, often adding your career title, as well. smile

4. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have several ways in which I witness to others. One is through my music ministry, for when I sing about God or for God, I sing with all of the emotion and passion required for each piece of music, and others hear this passion through my God given talents in my voice.  I also give witness through my writings on Hub Pages. To date just over 1 year nearly 30,000 readers have read my writings. I also answer many questions in the "Answer" section as well as getting involved in the "Forums". Lastly I witness one on one, face to face.

5. PlanksandNails profile image80
      PlanksandNailsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We don't witness. He witnesses.

It is only God's Spirit witnessing through you. It is not about us, but about Him, otherwise witnessing fits into the man made mold ministry of this is what I do or what we do.

6. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I tell one of my faith; and then listen to whatever he says to find the Truth. Unless I am seeker of truth myself, it is no use telling others about it?

I believe in peaceful, reasonable and rational dialogue between all the people of the world to find the Truth. I like interfaith dialgoue.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really? Then, why is it that you stand on a pedestal of one particular sect of Islam maliciously calling out Christianity as fabrications and deceit, denouncing some of the very foundations of its followers beliefs?

You begin and engage conflict of one belief system from another and call it peaceful, reasonable and rational dialogue.?

As Scrooge had said, "I'll retire to bedlam." smile

2. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean you like interfaith dialogue?

All you do is rant against everything non muslim! lol

7. Mikio profile image70
      Mikioposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Witness?  You mean "Jehova's?"  If so, go visit different homes uninvited and give them "Watch Tower" pamphlets. 
      If you're not a member of "Witness," then, be nice and act like a saint.  Other folks will recognize your saintly calm, demeanor, compassion, and humility.  It will be they who come to you, and it'll be the best way to 'witness.'  If you shove your religion to others with a missionary zeal, you'll turn them off.  They'll think you're a fanatic, and they'll avoid you like a plague.  Do me a favor.  Do not even think about 'witnessing.' Just act like a saint, if you can.  That will be the best advertisement for your religion.

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
        Jesus was a hippyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL smile

8. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A person can only wtiness about what they know, saw oir heard, and then only if they are %100 sure of it.

It is always best to be led of the Spirit.  He knows where you should go and what you should say.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

I personally think witnessing is a messy business.  I know how I feel when a fellow Christian starts witnessing to me.  I become completely annoyed with that person, and truthfully it makes me want to run from God, and not join in.  Which is the exact opposite of what it should do for people. 

In my line of work, I get the opportunity everyday to meet people of different types of religions.  But I have to admit that I've never been witnessed too by a Jew, Buddhist, Hindu, or Muslim.  Nope.  Because of this I have to admit that I have developed a really bad mentality when it comes to my fellow kind. Inadvertently, my thoughts on Evang.Christians, Jehovah Witnesses and Fundamental Mormons, mimics that of a bigotry. 

For instance, because their kind is known from their constant, berating, behavior and endless witnessing- I would rather not sit by them on a bus, in a restaurant or anywhere.  I don't want to be anywhere near an Evang. I think people like Tammy Faye Baker are the true epitome of evil, therefore I do not want to be associated with them in anyway. Over time I have developed the thought that Evang. and other zealot Christians are generally useless.  Because of their open ignorance, on Christian history, Christian doctrines, Christ, and religious development- I feel that these Christians misrepresent the Christian faith to the point of reckless ignorance and destruction.  For example- burning down an abortion clinic, or killing a doctor because they perform abortions in the name of God...  really gets my goat.  Or, or- marrying off some 13 year old girl to an old man, so she can serve as his sexual pet in the afterlife, pisses me off just a bit too.  The Amish do this a lot.

I have to admit, I can't say that they are particularly welcome in my home, in my car, or anywhere that involves my personal space.  When I think about it, it's pretty safe to call me Archie Bunker, Jr. when it comes to these people! 

It is quite clear that "witnessing" has had a very adverse effect on me.  Nothing turns me off more than those Mormon boys, who go on missions, knocking on doors of middle class communities that have been already been knocked on before.   
    That goes for the Jehovah Witnesses too.....   You might be the best person in the world, but, start that witnessing crap, and you've just graduated to the biggest loser in my book.  I'm a bad Christian.  Bad, bad, bad.  People like Sarah Palin, and her whacked-out Christian beliefs scare me, and she is just one of many Evang., Christian whack-jobs that comes to mind.  George Bush!  He is another Christian lunatic.  Look at what he did in the name of God and Jesus!!!  Oh my.......

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I find myself in much agreement with you.

3. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

some very strong opinions on here.  There is a time and a place for everything......

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)