May 21, 2011

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (48 posts)
  1. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 13 years ago

According to some hub writer about three weeks ago, May 21, 2011 the world is supposedly to come to an end and we are all going to die. Should we all today bend over and kiss our a$$es good bye incase there is no tomorrow?

I for one believe that the person whoever it was that started the rumor needs to see  a shrink but who am I to judge? I'll see all of my Hub pals May 22,2011.

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I'm having a kick-ass party tonight to celebrate the "End of the World" with a DJ, and strippers, and all kinds of booze and I've invited just about the whole town to be there.  I gave my employees the day off and I fully expect everybody to party-down till the sun comes up.

2. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just heard about this one. They should be coming out of the woodwork until...doomsday, whenever the hell that is. They've been standing on hilltops since Lincoln was a young feller. Waiting, praying. When everone stops looking, just when you think the hostiles aren't there, then ...BLAM!!!
      That's when you accidently ride into the middle of the biggest danged camp of Angels at God's version of the Little Big Horn. Americans get a front row seat! Ya'll should feel down right privileged.

3. profile image0
      CollBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Before I say the necessary adieus, I've to take a family member to the dentist but as nothing has happened yet, the teeth filling is required and that person still has to chew on food for the day.

2. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Oh wow, is that tomorrow? time flies.
    I was under the impression is was 5. 21. 2012 ?
    Man, I need to get out more...big_smile

James.

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

2012 is the Mayan calendar.  The date is 12/21/2012.  So another end of the world date.  Maybe it's just the end of the calendar.

All those of us who aren't raptured up into heaven tomorrow will have to sit around and suffer through horrible catastrophic events until the final end which will be 12/21/2012.  I'll have to have one hell of a Christmas party next year.

In numerology, that is 3/3/3(12/21/12) Is that the Twilight Zone music I hear?

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

((The founder of Family Radio in Oakland - heard in 48 different languages around the globe - is behind the worldwide, multimillion dollar campaign letting people know that judgment day is coming on May 21, 2011.

That's right, Saturday.

89-year-old Harold Camping says that his 50-year study of the Bible is behind the claim.

So what's the end of the world look like?

"There's going to be a big earthquake that will make the one in Japan seem like a Sunday School picnic," Camping told KPIX's Mike Sugerman.

This isn't Camping's first prediction of the end. Back in 1994, Camping warned that doomsday would strike.

When nothing happened, he pronounced it an error in his math, but this time he says it'll be different.

"This day, May 21, 2011, is extremely important, as it will also be the first day of judgement, a time of horrible death and destruction, for all those left behind," Camping said.

There will be a five-month period for non-believers to get on board, he continued, because the real end of the world is set for October 21, 2011.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504784_162- … 91705.html))

Mat 25:13  Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

1. Druid Dude profile image61

The beginning is everyday, for everyday a child is born, and the world ends everyday, as someone dies every day.

4. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

NEWS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FLASH

NEWS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FLASH

<<MARK KNOWLES HAS BEEN SELECTED AS A 'CHOSEN ONE'>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<MARK'S TICKET NUMBER>>>>>>(sorry Snipped for personal content)>>

<<<<MARK'S TICKET WAS SUCCESSFULLY DRAWN OUT OF 40000 ENTRIES>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< RAMEN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm off to noodle up. smile

True pearls of humor diver!LOL!

5. Reality Bytes profile image72
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

So does that mean I do not need to pay my cable bill?  It is due on the 22nd?

6. profile image0

Well, i is officially 11:50PM in Israel and 12:32AM May 21st 2011, Moscow. We're still here...

Who's up for a game of Parcheesi?

7. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

no one know when the rapture will happen end of story

8. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I guess the rapture has been delayed. lol

Times up in New Zealand!

Where is Camping? Anyone hear from him? .... or did he disappear up his own ornamental orifice?

1. sabrebIade profile image79
      sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't give up until 6:00 pm Earnest!
      Or is it already after that there?

What happened to 10am? I'm confused!

It will await with baited breath! lol lol lol

Allegedly it will hit at 6:00 pm in the first time zone, and we will watch it move across the earth like some huge terrible wave.
          Which I think was Dr. Doom's plan one time.....

OK. I need to stock up on fireproof clothing and noodles then while I still have time. smile

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

he's nearly 90 - maybe it's just his time that's up?

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Could be - I figure when I go the whole world ends with me.  At least from my reality!

2. earnestshub profile image79

lol That has more truth to it than meets the eye! lol

Like the psychotic old men who start wars.

That's the only way they can die later than the youth they send to the front line.
        I reckon his ego wants us to join him.

3. profile image0

It's not the end of the world; I've got a birthday party to organise

http://www.aspergerschild.org/1/categor … nts/1.html

Nice link BB. smile

9. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

I just read that it was May 21st, 12:15 pm in Chatham Islands.
    Can anyone confirm that?
    Or are the Chatham Islands still there?
    ::cue X-Files Theme::

I read somewhere it was to be 10am in the states, which would mean I am no longer here, so I guess it must be on it's way a bit later.

I will be renewing the antenna on my tin hat and begin chanting in tongues here as it approaches. smile

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Earnest, you might consider a new post every 5 minutes or so.  Just for our peace of mind.  Or something.  A little warning, ya know.

I'm on it! lol

2. drej2522 profile image67
        drej2522posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Come on people...everything is based on Greenwich Mean Time! I mean, according to all the movies (Hollywood), everything is based on England even in a galaxy far, far away.

10. sabrebIade profile image79

Genius!
      Perfectly chosen! smile

You know whats really weird?

In "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)"
        The first line is...
        "That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane -"

Then you have...
        "Tell me with the rapture and the reverent in the right..."

The first line of the second verse is...
        "Six o'clock - TV hour."

:::cues Fringe theme:::

Like I said, genius! Spooky stuff. lol

11. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

Down with all you sinners!  Down, down, down, down you go...

Just kidding!wink

Happy Rapture's Eve everybody!!lollollol

1. profile image0

no eve here  in Australia - it's afternoon on 21st May.  We're just winding up a kid's birthday party & I think I will need a nap before cleaning up the mess

1. Lisa HW profile image60
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please make sure to let us, in the Northern Hemisphere (Eastern Daylight Savings Time) know if you see anything awful starting to happen (or if you see any corpses flying through the air, or anything like that).  roll  (I guess - what - the HubPages offices will be the last/next to the last to go?  )

1. profile image0

well, hubpages were down a few minutes ago, so I thought maybe everyone in the US was obliterated!  LOL!

1. Lisa HW profile image60
            Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All appears calm here (and even in California and Canada too).  I think, now that I know all seems fine in Australia, it will be safe for me to get a few hours sleep.  (I wanted to be awake in case any thieves in the night showed up in New England.  So far, nothing.   smile  )

12. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

After 6pm in Auckland New Zealand.

Crow for supper AGAIN Mr Camper! lol lol lol

13. sabrebIade profile image79

Man!
    I forgot "The Final Countdown" by Europe!

How about something by the crows? lol

I imagine there will be plenty of that later today!
        Well it's 2:16 here...time for bed and since the world didn't come crashing down....Good Night!

Sleep peacefully. smile

14. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

according to the TV this Morning, that preacher or what ever he is, stated it was going to be at 6:00pm, I think he said Pacific time, today and a big earth quake is suposed to take us out in the U.S.

it's 1:29am here,in Nashville

15. profile image0

...after three days and three nights...
    Camping extends the date by five months.

Not joking.

5 more months

..ps, note the non-believers billboard of "that was awkward"...

I wonder.................. How are his followers going to survive the next 5 months? He has all their money, they have quit jobs, left school, sold their homes and cars, so I would assume living on the street will be their lot.

Any Lawyers in the house who would like to go after their money? smile

16. profile image53
    SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 13 years ago

Dave, I`m sure you`re aware of what Jesus said about predictions. You as well as I, have no knowledge of Jesus return. He even stated , not to run to the field as someone said , He is here.This predicted event came from the Mayan calander, as I recall. Now it has been proposed that the Christian community asserted it. How often do these proclimations become attributed to the Christians without any real verification? I only laugh and read the excuses for mis-approiations of the SO CALLED DATES.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)