The Rapure And Attempted Murder

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 12 years ago

Lynn, a 47 year old woman believed the rapture (not in the Bible)
    was going to take place. Because of the disasters in Japan, etc., she was afraid her daughters, age 11 and 14, would suffer.

To keep them from pain she cut their throats and wrists, then she cut her own.
    A friend of hers happened to arrive and found them before they died.

The mother is in jail and her bond set at one million dollars.

Now she'll miss the rapture for sure
    http://www.rationalskepticism.org/chris … 22468.html

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

jeeeze, did she really loose it in all this mis-information, or...
      is it attempted murder.?  I have heard most who cut their wrists really do not want to die, but are so distraught over issues, they feel no one cares at all? I would not wish to judge this as to guilt or not.

This would be a tough one for a Jury?

2. Apostle Jack profile image60
      Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is no scriptures in the bible that confirms going to heaven before judgment day .The scriptures that are use to refer to this event do not refer to the word Rapture,,,which is a made-up title to mean going to heaven before judgment day while the world go through a 7 year tribulation period,after which we shall return to go back to heaven a second time.
      That don't hold any water.Those scriptures refer to Judgment Day.One should not twist it around to mean something else.If it don't fit....don't force it.

2. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 12 years ago

I was afraid stories like this would start popping up.
    It really makes me worry about 2012.

1. Peter Owen profile image61
      Peter Owenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah - people are going to really start doing weird things starting early in 2012. The press will make this stuff front page news nightly, scaring people even more. toward next Fall, I would expect to see an increase in suicides, all sorts of crime, people blowing all their savings on wild parties. It's going to be interesting.

3. Owl Ka Myst profile image61
    Owl Ka Mystposted 12 years ago

That's totally awful. What is wrong with people?

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

there are reports of people killing their pets & telling their children they are not going to heaven too

4. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

The world is filled with gullible people. We all worry about disaster and war, but this is outrageous!

I hope the children survived mentally intact. Their mother needs years of therapy which she may not get.

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When I read your thread, I assumed she was in Japan, and felt a wave of empathy overcome me, believing that she had maybe been caught up in the devastation and lost everything and it had caused her a mental breakdown.

I was even more horrified to see a normal American family with all they need.

1. profile image0

I don't always express myself well.

Yes, she had a nice home, husband, and children.

1. earnestshub profile image79
            earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't often have trouble following you, and once I saw the video I put it together of course. smile

Rich, poor, believer, non believer, mental illness is what it is.
            Our government has been forced to spend much more on mental health this year than for a very long time.

Educating the public will be a part of the spend.

I'm all for my taxes being used to help those 1 in 5 people who have some form of mental illness in their lifetime. smile

5. profile image0
    zampanoposted 12 years ago

I think you're incredible too. smile

1. profile image0

1. Druid Dude profile image59
        Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To do that would take an unbalanced person teetering on the edge anyways, and, the Japanese are not real big teeterers. (Hari Kari is usually done because of personal disgrace.) Not sure how many would be aware of the concept of Rapture, which is probably a lot more than would pay attention to some crazy white guy. These things precede every end of the world deadline. The fact that we aren't hearing of more is suggestive. Orson Welles broadcast of "The War Of The Worlds" even produced a major blip n the suicide rate.

1. profile image0

6. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

Same thing happens when the stock market crashes
    Same thing happens when a divorce occurs
    Same thing happens when someone has lost their hope in life
    Same thing happens when insanity takes control
    Over doses are saddening
    abortion is a killer
    hatred, jealousy, ambition ruins lives too

Its a shame
    BUT
    If we imagine a world where preachers teach the truth instead of ear tickling sermons to gather large crowds to fuel their private jets or when pastors stop playing the 'numbers game' to gather larger offerings, we would not hear of this sort of thing and the good benefits of Christianity would be World Changing. (JUST a side note: People like to point fingers at preachers who make lots of money but can they honestly say how earning 20 bucks a head with a congregation of 3,000 might affect their moral output? Recall wise words indeed:
    1 Timothy 6:10   For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Religion will always be a target for those who have a bone to pick.
    But really, donations to suicide prevention clinics would be much more beneficial.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)