The Mighty Creator

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image53
    SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 13 years ago

Why would a created being have the belief that they would be more wiser and powerful than their creator?

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
      Evolution Guyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOLOLOLO

No wonder your religion causes so many wars. wink

2. DoubleScorpion profile image77
      DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well according to the Bible, only the heavens and the earth were created. God made everything else from the materials at hand. Adam was formed from dust and Eve was formed from one of Adams ribs. The rest of us are born of parents.

And like all things...The student, can one day, "beat" the teacher.

And the only ones who aren't always learning, are those to close minded to accept anything other than what in the little bubble they have enclosed themselves in.

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What in the world would lead you to believe I am not wiser than my dad(who is MY creator)? hmm

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Willful stupidity?
      Vanity?
      Thinking they can gain sovreign power by numbers?

Good question you posed, Seeker.

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Honesty?
        Decency?
        Logical?
        not dillusional?

5. getitrite profile image73
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You don't have any evidence of this creator you speak of, so your question is nothing more than childish drivel.

2. profile image53

Cagsil, If your father had the power to create,why did he not have the power to sustain? He, nor you, nor I, have the power to create anything. We may manufacture or possibly invent, but not create. All things that are on this earth come from something that was already here. Nothing newly created. Maybe newly discovered, but not created. And you do show that you are not wiser than your father.Only more arrogant and assumptive.

1. Cagsil profile image70

He did, which is why I am here.
      He did for a good number of year, but is only human, just like all of us.
      You seem to not understand create?
      It goes to show you lack understanding of the language you use. "Manufacture" and "Invent" are the same thing as create. Go figure YOU wouldn't know the difference.
      Yeah, so what. It still doesn't mean that we, as a humans, don't create things.
      So what.
      Again, so what.
      Actually, I am 5x wiser than my father. However, since YOU do not know my father, nor did at any time, YOU wouldn't know. So learn to speak for yourself.
      Untrue.

3. profile image53

Cagsil, I posted the question. So it is you who does not have the intellect to understand the question. Lame responce,try again professor.

1. CMHypno profile image81
      CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you trying to debate with us or are you talking down to us and trying 'educate' us?

Being smug and condescending is not a Christian attribute.

4. profile image53

Cm, I do not confess Christianity. Only a firm belief in God. I only ridicule those that have no capacity to understand that there may be a creator. Those that give the pretense of wisdom without certification are dis-credited , as in jail house lawyers.

1. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's easy to understand one way or another, the issue is believing in a creator, which is a stretch of the imagination and understanding. smile

5. profile image0
    dixie28714posted 13 years ago

If you try to figure people out, your wasting your time!! All we can do is spread the word, show people the truth, what they do with it is up to them.  But as always, people enjoy torturing the messenger.

lol lol

1. profile image0
        dixie28714posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was serious... LOL!!

I figured that much, which is why I was laughing. lol

2. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Truth is usually defined as; that which is in accordance with fact or reality. And you're right. The religious do avoid facts and reality, and tend to torture the messenger.

1. profile image0

read the book of revelation ... proof is everywhere

Interesting statement. I am curious though.....have you actually researched the book you speak of? If so, you might not think like you do. Just a thought. lol

2. profile image0

I'm not looking for an argument, but there is nothing to back that up as 'truth' or 'proof'except the word of the religious. People make lots of claims. It doesn't make it so.

Out of curiosity, considering how many have made the same claim over the years that you are making; and it proved to be a lie. Why would you believe it now? Why should I?

1. profile image0

you don't have to believe anything you don't want to,  but when you stand before God when you die I can't understand why you would take the chance of the punishment you will face.  But thats your choice, as for me, I am here to spread the word so people can hear the truth and make there decision.  I can't change the world, but I do know there is hope for everyone and hell is a choice.  A choice that only they can make, I hope you choose Heaven.  God does not place us on Earth to question him, he would love for everyone to choose his path... FREE WILL is what  we live by, and satan is who destracts us and leaves us questioning.. if you sheek you shall find... all it takes is faith...

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

1. profile image0

laugh... Jesus said if we deny him on Earth he will deny us in front of his father... if that is funny to you, I am sorry for you when that day comes.

And, your post shows you've done no research on the words you supposedly follow. Shame on you. hmm

2. profile image0

Yes. That makes perfect sense. I'm born into a world that shows no proof of your god. I live a lifetime never running across proof of your god. I'm certainly more than willing to acknowledge him, should he show some evidence of life, yet the world goes on without one sign of his existence. But I'm supposed to take your word for it, or go to hell.

Sounds like a very reasonable and compassionate deity you have conjured up. Please excuse me if I don't ask where to sign up.

1. profile image0

read the bible!! you say there is no proof but proof is everywhere you choose to deny it, and play the poor me I was born into a world I don't understand card.  THE BIBLE IS OUR INSTRUCTIONS!! you can pick it up or continue to question then deny answers.. up to you... I gave my thoughts, you choose to deny,,, your choice, my job is done.

1. profile image0

I didn't say I was born into a world I don't understand. I was pointing out that the world, itself, proves your god does not exist. The Bible proves your god does not exist. The only question I have is why you think threatening me with hell would force me to ignore the obvious? And why you choose to?

2. getitrite profile image73

I can't wait to git ta heaben, so's I kin eet sum fried chikin and woti melen, cause de bible tells me so.

Here I comes Jeebus!

And for you peoples who wants to quershun Jeebus:  http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr114/xxdeadeverywherexx/th_hell.jpg

3. Beelzedad profile image60

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death.  They are guilty of a capital offense.  (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy.  Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community.  Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest.  I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'  (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

smile

4. CMHypno profile image81
                  CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever tried thinking for yourself? You never know you might surprise yourself.

Sounds like you are the one born into a world that you can't understand as you need an instruction book to navigate your way through it - unfortunately the world has changed a fair bit in the last few thousand years, so you may find that your manual is a bit out of date!

3. getitrite profile image73

Maybe because your childish concept of God only instills fear into the truly ignorant and gullible.

Spreading nonsense is not the truth...it's nothing but your delusional beliefs caused by your indoctrination.

lol lol lol lol  No you don't know...becaue that's like saying you know Harry Potter is real.

That's why God is allowed to be a homicidal maniac and not be questioned, but worshipped instead.  I would hate to choose the path of a homicidal maniac...but who am I to question God?

Satan?!!! lol lol

4. Beelzedad profile image60

Seems more like you're just spreading judgment and superiority over others.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps people aren't interested in your spreading of that word and can find out for themselves if they want to hear those so-called truths? It would seem that your mission is more about what you want as opposed to what others want. Seems rather selfish.

Whatever choice others make is not for you to decide. And, if others decide that your beliefs in heaven and hell are irrational and contradictory, then that is the choice they make.

No, your god, like many other gods, commands us to choose his path or else we burn for an eternity in hell, that is not free will, that is a threat. Free will would allow us to make the choice to not have anything to do with your god, your heaven and your hell.

No, it is our brains that leave us questioning. You have one, too. smile

3. getitrite profile image73

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/balkoths/th_cl.jpg

6. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I think that it requires more blind faith to believe we, as a species are at the top of the ladder.
    And that all knowledge of all things is available to us.
    Religion doesn’t cause wars any more than any other theology does when arrogance and greed inters into it.
    Arrogance is not a respecter of persons, and it has no boundaries.
    Arrogance has always been and will always be our downfall both personally and as a species.

7. profile image0
    fit2dayposted 13 years ago

To answer the posted question, I'll take it back to the first fall of man. The desire of Lucifer was control, to be on the throne. That same desire was instilled in Adam and it continues today. Look at us as a human race. Even those of us who believe in God live our lives as though he doesn't exist.

We go on a lifelong quest for wealth and power, when in reality I could own 100 mansions, be the leader of some great empire and all, but could fall terminally ill and all of a sudden, the temporary wealth and power that I had don't matter.

I will never tell people what to believe and they can all call me stupid for believing I was created and not just a result of random chance, but the proof is all around, the way a fruit tree can emerge from a tiny seed, the way an ant can carry up to 50x it's body weight.

If I watch a painting on the wall and say it wasn't painted by anyone, I'm called a fool, but if I see a beautiful woman and say she has no creator, I'm called a genius.

1. getitrite profile image73

So who, or what, created the creator?  Since we are speaking from the concept of logic.

BTW, fruit trees and ants carrying massive loads have nothing to do with proving the existence of a creator, and to think so is purely conjecture, based upon ones inability to think outside the box of indoctrination.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)