jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)

LDS baptised for Hitler

1. profile image61
    passingthewordposted 6 years ago

Did you know that the LDS Church baptized for Hitler in an attempt (or opportunity) to give him eternal life with God. it just saids something about the LDS Church.
    "Current IGI TM Addendum temple ordinance entries for Mr. [Adolf]  Hiedler (Hitler) show that Hitler was "baptized" by Mormons on September 30, 1993, and "endowed" on April 27, 1994, in the Jordan River Temple, Utah."

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image82
      LeslieAdrienneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Really? I mean Really?

1. profile image61
        passingthewordposted 6 years agoin reply to this

yes. They baptize for the dead.

2. earnestshub profile image90
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

How did they find enough of him to baptise would be one question that springs to mind. lol

1. profile image61

someone baptized in his place. this is a common practice in the LDS religion. Baptizing  for the dead.

3. myriadmom profile image64
    myriadmomposted 6 years ago

Yes, it's a common practice for LDS members to baptize for the dead. The premise, without going into great detail, is that mortals can not and do not judge so if a request comes, and usually it's from a member of the family based on genealogical ties, it is done here on earth. What is accepted by that person on the other side is up to them. There is no black/white in the afterlife according to the LDS belief system - there are levels, called kingdoms, based on your work on earth AND in the afterlife. If his soul refuses the baptism, then he has no opportunity to repent and will remain in the darkness. Baptism for the dead only allows the opportunity to accept and work for betterment and is not a judgement call on that person's character.

1. profile image61

Ezekiel 14:13-14 13Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:

14Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.

Someones deeds can only help themselves. Someone must do there own works. God has a plan for those people that did not get the chance to receive the gospel. has nothing to do with us.

1. myriadmom profile image64
        myriadmomposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I was neither preaching nor defending - I was merely attempting to offer an explanation for those who want it rather than jump to a conclusion based on a few sentences.

You are well founded in your beliefs and opinions - others may practice differently, as do the LDS members - and have every right to do so, but I thank you for your insight.

1. profile image61

you are right.

2. R.S. Hutchinson profile image84
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good explanation.

4. profile image61
    passingthewordposted 6 years ago

Here is a scripture that will let us know that other people can not save anyone else.

Ezekiel 14:13-14 13Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:

14Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.

Someones deeds can only help themselves. Someone must do there own works. God has a plan for those people that did not get the chance to receive the gospel. has not to do with us.

1. profile image61

People can not do holy deeds for someone else.

5. recommend1 profile image66
    recommend1posted 6 years ago

It is actually quite a compassionate act in my opinion.  If Hitler can be saved there might even be hope for the current Pope, Tony Blair, even for Bush and his evil cronies.

1. profile image61

Do you think this is bible based?

1. recommend1 profile image66
        recommend1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I do not recall ever reading that the dead could be baptised - however, it is not important as the fact that these people are trying to redeem a sinner, whether it works or not is unimportant.  I have no belief in any god and so I think it is nonsense as a ritual - but the human compassion it shows is unusual in christians.

1. profile image61

Well if you believed in or have read the bible you would see that this is wrong.
          It is good that they have compassion for a man the killed almost a million people, OK whatever. But to change what the bible saids, that is the problem. They say that they believe in the bible but the mormons change it every chance they get. That is the problem, they created a religion out of fragments from the bible. They change what they want and twist what they want. that is the problem.
          I bet you would believe in the true God if they wasn't so many false teaching in the world.

1. profile image0
            brotheryochananposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Its a good case for sincere, but, sincerely wrong

2. profile image61

you are right

working