jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (14 posts)

Pat Robertson wants Spouses to Divorce Alzheimer Mate

1. Stacie L profile image92
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

National News
    Pat Robertson: Divorce your Alzheimer's spouse
    Thursday, September 15, 2011

Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson recently told his "700 Club" viewers that divorcing a spouse with Alzheimer's disease is justifiable because the disease is a kind of death.

Robertson was asked what advice a man should give to a friend who began seeing another woman after his wife started suffering from the incurable neurological disorder.

Robertson said, "I know it sounds cruel, but if he's going to do something, he should divorce her and start all over again, but make sure she has custodial care and somebody looking after her."
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?secti … id=8356146

...'til death do you part?"

1. Mighty Mom profile image86
      Mighty Momposted 6 years agoin reply to this

And this guy calls himself a CHRISTIAN minister?

1. Paul Wingert profile image77
        Paul Wingertposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Pat Robertson is not a minister but a complete idiot! This is the same a**hole along with his co-a**hole, Jerry Falwell, said on Sept 13th 2001 that the terrorist attack on 9/11 was a result for this countried tolerence to gays and other man made sins.

1. earnestshub profile image87
          earnestshubposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree, a pair of prize a*holes! smile

What an incredibly stupid take on a terrorist attack. Liars for jesus incorporated.

2. recommend1 profile image72
      recommend1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

This only illustrates a basic christian flaw, if it doesn't love ME ME ME then I don't want it. 

A cornerstone of that religion is the belief that some figure in authority loves them, and it attracts those that others find hard to love, some of them will possibly comment later in this thread big_smile

1. MelissaBarrett profile image62
        MelissaBarrettposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Nope.  I'm universally loved smile Christianity has nothing to do with it... its the dimples.

1. recommend1 profile image72

You belong on the banned thread young lady !!!!   Everyone knows that if you think you are universally loved then nobody else agrees with you big_smile

Everyone that disagrees with me doesn't count... remember I am a Christian  *ducks*

1. earnestshub profile image87
              earnestshubposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I believe the first round will be from the right. smile

2. recommend1 profile image72

I seriously doubt your faith - you are generally pleasant, well balanced, you don't dribble hatred for anyone different to yourself and you do not seem to be endowed by any supreme being with a life mission to make the lives of gay people as miserable as possible.

LMAO, I haven't made any gay person's life miserable since I was with my ex-girlfriend... smile

1. Mighty Mom profile image86
                  Mighty Momposted 6 years agoin reply to this

+1 on that!

2. tirelesstraveler profile image82
        tirelesstravelerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I just learned something new. LMAO will amaze my sons.  Moms aren't supposed to know stuff like that.-Back to Pat Robertson.  I refuse to be lumped with an old man who has a track record of saying hurtful and just UN-biblical things.  Shame on him.

2. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

"Pat Robertson wants Spouses to Divorce Alzheimer Mate"

Declined.

working