How do you define God, good and evil?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Kyle Payne profile image59
    Kyle Payneposted 12 years ago

How do you define God, good and evil?

1. mischeviousme profile image60
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God is that which we wish to see in ourselve's. As we came into consciousness, we saw how our actions affected others and the effect was a wish for something greater, which would keep us on the straight and narrow.

Good is label affixed to moral rightness. We choose to do good because it in turn, makes us feel good about ourselve's.

Evil is a label affixed to the absence of moral awareness or action. We choose to do evil for any number of reasons, one being selfish desires, another being envy.

It is hard to put this into words that others will understand. I hope that it works for somebody.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think we come from the same school of thought.

I had no schooling that could bring me to such a conclusion, I am just a free thinker and my free mind stumbled upon certain truths and untruths.

Not formal school, more like a school of mainly self taught free thinking.

There it is. I can follow anyone, but is it not better to follow a moral code than it is a doctrine?

Prefer ethics rather than morals, for each group can have double morals.

What is ethical to one is immoral to another. I have my ethics and I have a moral code by which I live my life. My ethics are what I share with others, my morals are a personal thing and can be explained through ethics.

2. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Merciful and Just.

To someone who has done something like murder etc..His being Just and punishing can feel like evil. But it isn't

2. Wayne K. WIlkins profile image66
    Wayne K. WIlkinsposted 12 years ago

I define God as the main character in the finest work of creation ever concieved. I define good as doing selfless things to benefit those you love, and showing kindness to those that you don't particularly know as and when opportunity presents itself to do so. Evil is the opposite, doing things to hurt people, for the sake of hurting people. This is just a short summary of my outlook, I need to write a Hub about this!

Kyle Payneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good and Evil aren't actions sir, they are ideas.

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good and God are synomous and they consist of all things that exist as a reality which remains forever...

Evil is their opposite, they are unreal, nonexistent, and only when it  appears exactly as itself it become good, because it serve the purposes of Good and God.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

I have never considered ideas as evil in themselves, since that would limit my thinking. However I would consider evil ideas as acted upon to be evil, called premeditation.

For ideas to be concocted thought must take place, you could call this thought meditation. So, in fact and definition, all ideas are premeditated. So an idea can easily be evil or good.

It is the decision to act on the premise. Good and evil are choices. Good and evil though are labels put on the things we ought to or ought not to do.

That is correct, so the choice to concoct an idea would have to me good or evil.

4. knolyourself profile image60

Ideas may or may not be premeditated. I am going to the kitchen - premediated. Ideas are always floating into my mind and if I have never thought of them before they could be premeditated by some source or which I am not aware, or they may just come into being of their own volition.
    Either way - not premeditated.

Ego and desire can make us do wonderous and destructive things alike. So then, it is a choice to act on those desires which determine our actions, good or bad.

2. Kyle Payne profile image59

that is a thought not an idea.

Ideas are birthed from thought and so. Can they in some way or another be related in this case?

Thought cannot be good or evil, only the product of thought, idea.

All actions seem to come from thought and desire and since evil is an act, it corallates with thought. The same can be said for good deeds, just so I don't leave out both sides of the coin.

A relationship of thought and evil act does not mean that thought is evil also.

If I can I will explain what I believe in simple terms. Life has choices and we choose to do or not do. We act on our thoughts or we do not. Our desires are derived from thought and we either act on our desire or we do not. This the simplest way I can say it and I do think that this is right for me. You do not have to agree with it, it just is and is a truth that many seem to fail to see.

You may be correct. I am just projecting forth the idea that thought is not evil only the products of thought can be evil, for example ideas.

This is for the Christians. The devil did not make me do evil, it was a personal and selfish choice. God did not make me do good, it was a personal and sefless choice. This is to say that I do things by choice and that no God or devil has anything to do with the reallity of it.

5. knolyourself profile image60

Ideally it can be both a thought and an idea.

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

God = Google

good = original content

evil = plagiarists

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)