Perfect God

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (76 posts)
  1. ib radmasters profile image59
    ib radmastersposted 12 years ago

If your God is Perfect than how is the Universe so Imperfect

1. madmachio profile image59
      madmachioposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nature is a perfect in it's balance.. Humans aren't and we are the ones that alter what God has made.

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If nature and god is perfect, then why human beings are not??

2. ib radmasters profile image59
        ib radmastersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nature is the definition of imperfection.

2. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What's imperfect about the universe?

The list is too numerous to list here.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
          Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Give us your top 5 things wrong with the universe then.

3. pedrog profile image61
      pedrogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What god are you talking about?

God

4. samadaslam profile image60
      samadaslamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Allah (God) is perfect and His Universe is perfect as well. If we see any imperfection then it's our lack of knowledge as we are not seeing the angle for which that imperfection is perfect. So nothing is imperfect if we see with the eye of God.

1. f_hruz profile image60
        f_hruzposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ever crossed your mind that gods are the creation of imperfect  human minds and nature has no use for any gods at all as it obvious  when you gain a clearer understanding of objective reality?

1. profile image0
          Rad Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure that has not crossed his mind!

1. skys profile image59
            skysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well true that I may not have crossed my mind. But whatever I thought, researched and discovered, I found that whatever comes to our mind, does exist somewhere in the universe. If God is in our mind then it does exist somewhere.

1. profile image0

Sure? Then what about mjglgjamgt and square circles? Do they exist too?

2. profile image0

Wow, so you think because you think it, it exists. I'm thinking of Santa right now? The tooth fairy? Purple elephants? Just because you want Got to exist doesn't mean he does. More people need to develop there critical thinking skills. Don't believe everything you're told.

3. ib radmasters profile image59

Then so does Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny

4. A Troubled Man profile image57
              A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Baloney. JRR Tolkien would even disagree with you on that one.

While our imaginations are boundless, the laws of physics are not.

1. Jerami profile image58
                Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

the laws of physics are kinda like the path of rays of light.

under the right circumstances; we can bend the heck out of them.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57

Yes, believers do believe that of which they have no understanding and regardless of facts.

Yes that may be true about YOU  and me!

OR   it ain't true at all

2. getitrite profile image71
                  getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I KNEW Spiderman was real.  Thanks for proving that, Jerami.

It is always good to see your bright positive attitude enter the room.

How Ya been?

I didn't understand your point either

Sorry, I missed your point.

Acts of God like tsunamis, kill people and we have no control.

1. samadaslam profile image60

Yes I still say that whatever comes to your mind, it does exist. It does exist somewhere in the Universe if you remove the limitations of time and space. Now I will give you just a minor example though there are millions of such examples. In our fairy tales we use to read about some magic ball in which you could see every corner of the world. Now that magic ball is on your desktop in the form of computer. This example may not satisfy you. But you have the ability to give existence to anything you think about, how much ever logicless is that.

1. profile image0

So I gave existence to God by thinking of him? Hate to break this to you but by thinking of God all I did was give existence to my concept of God.

You could say in reverse as well... God thought about you and you got existence. "Hat to break this to you but by thinking of God all I did was give existence to my concept of God."  This is the valid and a good point as well.

2. profile image0
    Rad Manposted 12 years ago

The paradox. hmmm. If God is perfect why do we live in a cruel world? If god is perfect then why does he need praise from us? If God can do anything can he make a rock he himself can't move? Would a God create such a cruel world? Why would God create psychopathic people?

When you remove God from the equation the entire universe make sense. Try it. Even for just a moment.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Which part of the universe do you perceive to be imperfect? Try removing energy. Once you've done that, add it back in and call it GOD.

1. profile image0

We know very little about the universe, so I'll speak about what we do know about in our universe. Earth, we live in a cruel, sometimes painful world. The lucky ones are born smart and good looking, the unlucky ones don't make it to their first birthday. Spend some time in a children's hospital and you will understand what an imperfect world looks like. Ever watch a predator start to eat it's prey before it's dead? Animals feel pain and fear the same way we do. Ever wonder how many human succumbed to the same fate? Never mind getting preyed on by another animal, humans do it to each other.
        Praying doesn't help. The hospitals are full of people praying. Cancer does not discriminate.
        In a perfect world there would be no birth defects.
        In a perfect world there would be no hunger.
        In a perfect world there would be no cancer.
        and so on.

1. profile image0
          Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Remove all of the imperfections and we have no incentive to learn how to eradicate disease. We have no need to attempt to find a way to stamp out hunger. We have no reason to understand the needs of the rest of life on earth. And our curiosity would be forever stunted.

Remove imperfections from the world we inhabit and we would find ourselves gluttons who selfishly use every resource at our disposal wantonly. We would have no consideration because there would be no need for concern. The world might be perfect....but the goal of caring for others would be so far removed from our collective view that it would never cross our minds

1. mischeviousme profile image60
            mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If God were perfect, the idea would be accepted accross the board, no matter it's derivation. There is no perfect God, that resides in the fallible minds of the people.

1. profile image0

Perfection is in the eye of the beholder. But, I agree with you. No collective idea could equate to perfection. It is human nature to find flaws in other people's ideas.

2. profile image0

This looks more like a world nature created and not one a perfect god created. I wouldn't create a world where animals eat other animals and there certainly would not be parasites. Guinea Worms, Candiru and Ascaris infection comes to mind. Only nature could spawn such nasty creates.

1. profile image0

That is definitely a strong possibility and one I lean toward accepting due to the obvious facts. But, if I were a god I think I'd still see the up side of setting events in motion on a similar track. If I had faith in my own creation, of course.

1. profile image0

Yes, but most think God know everything and if so setting things in motion would be meaningless. He would know that these parasites would develop. Why would anyone let that happen?

3. getitrite profile image71
            getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's why I have no desire to go to "heaven"

1. profile image0

I hope, if heaven exists, that it has nothing to do with endless golf courses and harp music...but it would be endless learning with purpose. Growing toward another purpose. Eternity is a a difficult concept to fathom. Without the hope of growth and change I can't see the up side.

4. profile image0

Isn't this perfect world called 'heaven'?

1. profile image0

I don't know. Isn't heaven supposed to be another dimension? I understood the OP to be complaining about life on earth.

5. profile image0

Removing imperfection from the world would also remove our own imperfections.

2. Druid Dude profile image61

Many birth defects are caused by man's own hand. People go hungry and starve because of man's inability to adequately distribute food where it is needed. Much waste, greed, and inefficiency. Cancer is being stopped. The advances that have been made over the last few decades have curtailed the number of deaths from several different kinds. That's why God gave us brains. The world is perfect. And we are perfect also. Just gettin' the bugs worked out. Even Microsoft had to do that.

1. profile image0

Yea, it is called 'sex'!!

lol

The universe with or without God, is useless to us, and it is filled with deadly objects, even in our own solar system.

It is a kludge.

3. samadaslam profile image60

Radman dear, the cruelty, disabilities, diseases etc don't mean that the world is imperfect. These are created to make this universe perfect if you think. Suppose there would not be any poor then what would be there???? There would be no rich of course.... If there would be no disease then there would be no health as well. Very simply, if there would not be imperfection then how would you know the meaning of PERFECTION?

1. profile image0

samadasiam you have a very interesting perspective on life. A world without disease, poverty and disabilities would be called heaven.
        That being said, you don't need decease to have heath, you can just have health. Why would a god that loves us give us Ascaris infection or Guinea Worms (look them up) when he has already created a world without decease? The answer lies in nature and evolution. Cruelty is cruelty no matter where it comes from.

"Cruelty is cruelty no matter where it comes from."... Yes you are right. We can't deny the existence of anything whether it is good or bad. This life and universe is so simple that can be packed in a single dot smile

3. phillippeengel profile image82
    phillippeengelposted 12 years ago

The world is imperfect because some people are resilient in deliberately and effectively spreading extremist ideology. Terrorist groups that subscribe to its ideology spread noxious ideas to gain legitimacy for their cause and make their violent acts seem acceptable.

That is how some countries cannot achieve peace, progress and prosperity (usually because they do not pledge determination to cooperate against threats through joint police and intelligence measures). That is how the world becomes imperfect.

There are no perfectly flat surfaces, just as there are no perfect people.

This has little to do with the universe.

4. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Rad Man wrote
    This looks more like a world nature created and not one a perfect god created. I wouldn't create a world where animals eat other animals and there certainly would not be parasites

==============
    ME
      Are you saying that in a perfect world eagles wouldn't eat rabbits, or owls wouldn't eat mice?  or would we simply eliminate these life forms.

Every living thing on this earth is a parasite which preys upon another life form.
      And every life form depends upon the parasitic nature of other life forms for its own survival.       

So I think we need to think some more about "IF" that which we perceive to be a perfect would in fact suport any form of life at all.

I know I can't think of a way to create a better system.

We just need to operate, within the system we have, More efficiently !

1. profile image0

That is exactly what I was thinking Jerami. I thought it would be a fun exercise to open a thread and see what everyone envisioned as 'the perfect world' and see how fast flaws in the design were pointed out. I don't think it gets much better than this, even with the flaws in place.

I agree with you.

Hope more ideas still come.

I'm in and out of the house some more today. SOooo   see ya later.

5. aware profile image65
    awareposted 12 years ago

the universe    is not good enough for you? and gods to blame for this? sighs.

My hometown is a superfund cleanup site not because of radical ideology. Birth defects and cancers galore..

God bless America! Land of the deluded!

6. aware profile image65
    awareposted 12 years ago

i live in the acreage. west palm.   middle of  a cluster . god  isnt involved
    Prat Whitney   more likely

7. aware profile image65
    awareposted 12 years ago

earth is a ruff  town nature  comes for all. its not personal

Problem isn't nature. Problem isn't even religion. More like a lack of it or pure understanding of it. The problem is everybody trying to get what they can as quickly as they can before anyone else has a chance, and proceeding with every new thing before the full implications of their actions can be assesed.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57

Yes, religion is huge problem that accomplishes little more than create more problems.

So does technology.

sounds like a Manifesto

8. aware profile image65
    awareposted 12 years ago

lions  do not ware wrist watches.

they have a built in alarm clock.

2. profile image0

But don't turn your back on a lion. They don't see you as special. They see meat.

I don't see myself as special either. I bleed, eat pee, and poop. Wild animals are somewhat unconcerned with me. Lived in a wilderness camp up on the Divide. Crows and I have a complicated relationship, but doves seem to like me fine. Most dogs like me, but cats are too aloof for that to extend to them.

supposed to be a comma between eat and pee.

smileing  real "large"

edit.

It makes sense either way.

2. profile image0

I have to say you completely lost me. Made me laugh with the eat pee thing... but I have no idea how any of that connects to this thread.

9. Shiningstar4u2c profile image61
    Shiningstar4u2cposted 12 years ago

Of Course God is Perfect! The Universe is perfect as well, what is wrong is the perception of a fallen man whose mind is faulty! Once you correct yourself by new birth then you see all is perfect. smile

Acts of God, as they are ironically called are not under the control of humans, and they exist to destroy and kill, along with disease and pestilence.

God has failed at everything he has done according to the bible.
      He failed with the Angels, Adam and Eve....Cain.....etc

10. ib radmasters profile image59
    ib radmastersposted 12 years ago

This forum is on its own, it has mutated to the point where the issue is no longer relevant.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)