jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (18 posts)

Overly worded useless language

1. mischeviousme profile image59
    mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago

I notice many times, in these forums, that there are some that write long winded, wordy threads. Are these people incapable of speaking simply and intelligently?

1. msorensson profile image60
      msorenssonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like the long replies, actually...it is time spent ...a time of expression..to communicate..it is always good to communicate..

1. Eric Newland profile image60
        Eric Newlandposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What I don't like is when the next ten posts decide to reply to those long posts and quote the whole thing.

1. 2uesday profile image83
          2uesdayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree smile

one reply - 9 to go  wink smile

2. jonnycomelately profile image86
        jonnycomelatelyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hope my relies have not fallen into your category, MSV, but apologies if they have.

mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm doing my best to remain clear and understandable, I try with very few words and such.

2. mischeviousme profile image59

You're good, the responses you give may sometimes be wordy, but at least their intelligently assembled.

3. profile image79
        soumyasrajanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

what does it matter whether a comment is long or short? Do u not feel that what matters more is whether  the comment is meaningful or not -whether it is interesting or not. 

I have seen some times very long one which are very interesting and some times very short one people writing with no relevance just to show off as if they are they smartest one in world (even that type of tone may be also ok, but  such quickies also sometimes have tone that all others are fool).

It's not that at all, it's more about the over usage of language. How many words does it take to tell another person that you love something? And is it necessary to write long segments of the bible? Can one not speak for the self? If it takes a million years for one to say something simple, then their probably not as smart as they believe themselve's to be.

4. Deborah Brooks profile image48
        Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like long .comments.. long or short let me know if they really liked it or just saying .unless they say ..great hub... doesn't let me know if they really like it. or they are just trying to be nice. but different personalities like to comment different.

2. WD Curry 111 profile image61
      WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

Well, some people can type fast and they may not be able to delineate from a circular pattern of random creativity, or even passive subliminal progressions. If many words take up enough space, then there is less room for doubt. It is a matter of intelligence and the ability to weave a fabric that may one day be a tapestry on the wall of eternity, from whence we came and surely must return. Now, There are many variants that I could expound upon here today, but in the spirit of condensation, I will precipitate no longer

1. jonnycomelately profile image86

For a very condensed reply, WD, lol

2. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

hahaa
        I love it!

3. Stacie L profile image86
      Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I like short,concise, to the point responses. If they want to write a long response,then make it a hub.
      wink

Right on!!

4. Mighty Mom profile image90
      Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

What? You mean you all didn't know we get paid by the sentence for our forum posts? I always try to use polysyllabic $10 words whenever feasible. Sometimes I have to jam them in. But by gosh, it's so rewarding when that check arrives at the end othe month!

lol

1. jonnycomelately profile image86

Hey Mighty Mom, are you trying to tell me that big writers are multi-millionaires?!  lol  I must be missing out!

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
          Mighty Momposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Those are the mediocre writers.
          The REALLY big writers are gazillionaires!
          lol

working