jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

If I offend...

1. mischeviousme profile image59
    mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago

Remember that it's a forum and you don't have to read it, hear it or feel it... There just silly words and if they offend any of you on HP, remember; their just words.

1. Jerami profile image74
      Jeramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've never been offended by anyone in HP.

2. AEvans profile image65
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I never get offended by anyone on HP, I just let it roll off my back. There have been some who get quite upset with me; but I am pretty even keel. smile

If anyone talks ugly at me it makes me smile cause that means they heard me.
        May not have understood or believed it  but they heard it ..
        and what I said struck a nerve.

I never intend to offend anyone  but If it don't strike someones nerve, I didn'y say anything worth saying.

3. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That may be true, but we are all motivated to post because we want to be heard. Others do make the conscious decision to read and respond to my posts. But, I have to evaluate what motivates me and attempt to honestly take responsibility for my part of an exchange that I started....by posting. If I am shocked that my words have offended then I usually reevaluate them to come to a better understanding of why.

2. donotfear profile image91
    donotfearposted 5 years ago

I always say, and this is my own slogan:

" If I've offended you, let me apologize; if not, allow me to defend myself."

My toast even if it comes up its turn at a wedding!   ..  has always been and will continue to be  ...  "Here is to those that do as I do!  AND here is to those that don't !!
      And to hell with that do and say that they don't  !!

working