What eh Desciples were to teach: The Lord's Prayer

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

This is a continuation of sorts from my other forum post about What the Desciples were to teach.

Now here is the Lord's Prayer and this was what Jesus taught to the Desciples but it was shortened to teach to the people.

"1. As Iesus was praying in a certain place on a mountain, some of his disciples came unto him, and one of then said, Lord teach us how to pray. And Iesus said unto them, When thou prayest enter into thy secret chamber, and when thou hast closed the door, pray to Abba Amma Who is above and within thee, and thy Father-Mother Who seest all that is secret shall answer thee openly.
      2. But when ye are gathered together, and pray in common, use not vain repetitions, for your heavenly Parent knoweth what things ye have need of before ye ask them. After this manner therefore pray ye:—
      3. Our Father-Mother Who art above and within: Hallowed be Thy Name in twofold Trinity. In Wisdom, Love and Equity Thy Kingdom come to all. Thy will be done, As in Heaven so in Earth. Give us day by day to partake of Thy holy Bread, and the fruit of the living Vine. As Thou dost forgive us our trespasses, so may we forgive others who trespass against us. Shew upon us Thy goodness, that to others we may shew the same. In the hour of temptation, deliver us from evil.
      4. Shew upon us Thy goodness, that to others we may shew the same. In the hour of temptation, deliver us from evil.
      5. And wheresoever there are seven gathered together in My Name there am I in the midst of them; yea, if only there be three or two; and where there is but one who prayeth in secret, I am with that one. "

This prayer does not show up in the King James as this exact wording.  Though Jesus wants us to know it.  Everything of the Gnostic Text is not false nor it is wrong.  For more reading go to the site that I got this from: http://www.thenazareneway.com/ght_secti … ction%2019

working