- Sports and Recreation»
- Team Sports
The five Biggest losers from the 2013 NBA season
Where does your team rank?
As we get down to the end of the NBA season there are teams who can look back to see this as a season of growth. The Pacers, Warriors, and Rockets each made great strides and will continue to improve going into next season. Then there were others who would love nothing more than to erase 2013 from their memories. The L.A. Lakers for instance would love to to steal all game footage, radio broadcast, and of this past season, but guess what that’s Youtube videosLaker nation. Anything less than an NBA title for the L.A. Lakers is a bad season, but are they the biggest losers of the season. Here I have compiled a list of those who missed their mark this season.
Can Derrick Rose's return bring the Bulls back to glory?
5) Chicago Bulls- While for many looking back at everything the Bulls went through this past season failure would not be a word associated with them. The Chicago Bulls finished 5th in the eastern conference, won their first round playoff series against the Brooklyn Nets, and took game one in their second round series against the Miami Heat. The 2013 was lost the moment Derrick Rose went down with his knee injury in the 2012 season. In the playoff’s the Bulls boasted a starting lineup with their third string point guard and two second string forwards. The questions of Derrick Rose’s return and how much the layoff will effect him will remain until he steps back on the court. Without seeing a healthy Bulls team on the court, it’s hard to know what the future of this team will be.
Who is your biggest loser?
Which team do you feel was the biggest loser?
The missing piece
Oklahoma City Thunder
4) Oklahoma City Thunder- The Thunder struggled in the playoff’s with the loss of star point guard Russell Westbrook, but the season may have changed the moment guard James Harden was traded. Harden could have helped O.K.C down the stretch and in the playoff’s, but the Thunder would have had only a slim chance to none of resigning him. Kevin Martin who was part of the Harden trade never could give the team that boost that James Harden could. With teams like the Warriors, Clippers, and Lakers certain to get better, what improvements to the lineup can the Thunder come up with to contend with others in the western conference.
Who runs L.A.
L.A. Lakers and Clippers
3)L.A. Lakers and Clippers- Let begin with the Lakers. After bringing in Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, the Lakers were thought to be a favorite to represent the western conference in the NBA finals. So what happened? Coach Mike Brown was fired after a slow start, Howard and Gasol found it hard to play at the same time on the court, and age caught up with old legends. This is a critical off season for the Lakers who need to sign Dwight Howard, will have Kobe Bryant coming off of a serious injury, and a coach who no one believes can win. The one bright spot is that they are the Lakers and almost nothing can keep them down for long.
The Clippers on the other hand should be concerned with their current state of things. They fired their coach after posting the best regular season record in team history. The team needs to find a roster and a style of play that works best for this team. Resign Chris Paul and also bring in some shooters. The team plays way to much isolation and needs a coach who can bring structure to the team.
Tops plays of the 2012-2013 season
Things can't get worst, can they?
New York Knicks
2)New York Knicks- The team seems to leave fans with more questions than answers each season. Coach Mike Woodson has done a great job of breeding a defense into the team, but lacks an offensive identity. The true question is can make a run with the KnicksCarmelo Anthony at the helm. The 2013 sixth man of the year J.R. Smith has a player option that could see him become a free agent this summer. Amare Stoudemire is coming off of his worst season as a professional and stands to make $23mil. next season. The Knicks will have have the next couple of years to win a title, but after the 2014/2015 season both Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony will again become free agents which gives the Knicks a small window to win a title.
Check out some other great hubs
- Could the Chicago Bulls Trade Luol Deng to Cleveland...
Most fans feel the Chicago Bulls must do something to improve their roster in 2013. Unfortunately that may come at the cost of trading a player. Is Luol Deng the odd man out?
- Who should the Cleveland Cavs choose with the number...
With the number one pick in the upcoming NBA draft the Cleveland Cavs get an inside look into which player could help the Cavs the most in the long run.
- Why the Newyork Knicks will never win a title with C...
With another early exit for the Newyork Knicks in the NBA playoffs, who is to blame. Can the Newyork Knicks win with Carmelo Anthony? Find out why it may never happen.
- Could Andrew Wiggins really be the next Lebron James
The 6ft. 7in 205lb have many anticipating his arrival not only to Kansas, but also what would be his eventual step up to the NBA shortly after that.
It can only get better
Why you missed out the most?
1) The Fans- The biggest loser from this NBA season had to be the fans. With great players like Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Kobe Bryant, and more missing large parts of the NBA season due to injury fans missed out on great basketball this season. We saw favorites like the Lakers, Bulls, and Thunder season end early due to key injuries. We never got to see if a healthy Bulls team could truly compete with the Miami Heat. Fans longed for a rematch between the Heat and Thunder in the NBA finals. In 2014 fans can only hope to see the stars of the game return to form.