Are sports cruel?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (24 posts)
  1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image74
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

It's gonna be cruel tonight when the Steelers make the Titans road kill.

Here's the funniest line I've heard lately:

"Sports are cruel. Tonight at the Pittsburgh at Tennessee game, Cameron Diaz will feed popcorn to Raul Ibanez."

Yeah, the big talking head point on the sports shows today is Ibanez pinch hitting for a-Rod in the last of the 9th to tie it and then winning it for the Evil Empire in the 12th.

1. Whimsical Chair profile image61
      Whimsical Chairposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow . . . the Titans sure made nice road kill.  I'm just wondering if you're going to say the same thing about the Bengals for the Steelers' matchup on Week 7.  Holy cow the Bengals will be on national TV!!!!

BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh, are you a Bungles fan?

Of course I'm going to say the same thing. I do every week and I write a hub about it too. Ask prettydarkhorse. She likes my Steelers hubs and puts comments on each one. Her profile pic is pretty hot, but it was even hotter when she was wearing that Steelers hat.

It would have been cruel if the Clowns would have went winless this season. But the Bungles took care of that.

I'm a fan of the NFL.  I was just curious what you will predict.

Steelers 28 Bengals 17.

I just published a hub on the game.

Of course I mentioned road kill.

2. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

the Evil Empire... .?

The Skankees. I sincerely hope you're not part of that scene. A-Rod is a bigger bust than Pamela Anderson.

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
        wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha . .lets remember where I was born. .

That right baby. .  Bronx Bombers!

That figures.

I suppose you fed popcorn to A-Rod too.

Go Tigers tonight!

That was cruel last night. Not playing A-Rod in the deciding game. The more time he spends getting splinters on the bench, the better chance the Yankees have. So I hope he plays a lot.

Girardi aint Rex wink You will be happy to hear that the Yankee lineup tonight they got A-Rod playing third and batting sixth.

A-Rod is who we think he is. 0-3 last night and he left 6 runners on base.

I'll miss Derek Jeter in the rest of the playoffs. Now that is cruel. I have to say, he is the one Yankee I do like and respect immensely. I mean, how can you not like that guy? He's a great player and a class act.

Sad injury . .just another one of my favorites down.

Oh well. . onto the todays events. . .dare I say . ..

Lets GO Jets!

3. wavegirl22 profile image47

If the Chargers lose to the Broncos tonight after having a 24-0 lead at home  . .talk about cruel!

4 INTS!!!!!   Why they must turn the ball over so many times.??

4. wavegirl22 profile image47

Once upon a time there was going to be a race in the AFC West- not anymore. It's over. The Chargers just bowed out...
    Cause its the sheriff came to town. Hard to stop Manning

1. prettydarkhorse profile image54
      prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Now that is sweet, not cruel! :-)

1. isenhower33 profile image66
        isenhower33posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Manning has been winning for years, its the only thing he knows how to do. If broncos become a better first half team, there wont be any team in the NFL that can stop them.

he he PDH you are so right except of course if you are a Chargers fan which you know I am not! But waking up here in San Diego I can attest to the fact that the people that call themselves San Diegians (or whatever they are) are feeling the cruelness of the game. I root against the Chargers just so I dont have to hear that victory tune of theirs. It has got to be the most horrible cheer I have ever heard. And those light blue uniforms they had on last night, were enough to give me a barf attack! Only thing I am waiting for now is a good close up of the Rivers sulking face!

Kudos to the Broncos for making a game out of it and pulling in a W !

I lived in San Diego last year, I will probably move back sometime next year or so. I love it out there smile And yea I bet San Diego fans aren't feeling too happy with their teams second half play lol it was pretty awful, but Manning did what he does best, he's a leader and  you know he had to have said something to spark his team and after he put two td's on the board his team started to realize they could win, and San Diego fell into a slump and got beer goggles from all the first half excitement lol

Lucky girl, get some sun and wave in San Diego :-)

Sure this was a team win for the Broncos but you have to credit Denvers's defense in this game. . .sure Manning is a great leader and came the second half he was unstoppable but lets give credit to where credit is due

Rivers turned the ball over 6 times with 4 interceptions, both career highs. And it only get better for the Chargers QB as six drives in the disastrous second half ended with a Rivers turnover, with two of those being returned for Broncos touchdowns. Safe to say that Philip Rivers played his worst game as a pro.

Wish I could say the same thing about loving San Diego. Great place to visit but I sure do miss the Big Apple.

The saying still goes, a team is only as good as its QB. If you have a good QB you can win championships. A great defense helps but having that leader on the offense to give your defense rest is what i think is the most important. Look at Steelers, they usually always have a stellar defense but everyones getting injured because their QB until this year turned the ball over so much their defense had to play extended time. That much time on a defense weighs heavy. Got to remember in the first half there was two times Manning didnt even get to the field because of special teams being noobs.

And I loved the Big Apple too, but I like being warm smile If I got to choose where to live I might even pick Houston Texas, at least I would be able to go hunting still and have a good team to root for down the road. Even though Colts will always be my team but I can have a second best smile

Hi isen,   for the last 6 years, the Steelers went to the Superbowl, won twice but lost the llast one to GB -, the Discount Double Check did it again plus a great defense on the Green Bay side. Defense wins Superbowl ;-) Defense rules even if the QB is average. Look at the NY Giants, they beat a good QB last year - NYG - good QB, great defense. I like Big B even if he is naughty!! He wins games for the Steelers :-)

3. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image74
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

"Goodbye cruel world," says A-Rod to New York.

Of course the chatter amongst the sports talking heads is that his batting average is higher off the field than on.

Personally, I don't see how the Yankees can keep him for next season, even though they owe him a whole bunch of moola.

Maybe he'll play tonight and hit 5 homers. Maybe the Yankees can still win the series against the Tigers. Maybe the Browns will win the Super Bowl (their first).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)