jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Does anyone know how Fantasy Football works? Do women play this game?

1. swilliams profile image85
    swilliamsposted 3 years ago

My son went to Vegas for the Fantasy Football Draft. I hope gambling is not involved. I don't like gambling, because I could loose, and that scares me. What is Fantasy Football. What teams are available?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

It seems to be an online game where you choose an imaginary team and players. There is an imaginary budget used to trade players. Gambling is legal to use but it is not always used,that seems to be up to the players. So if your son chooses to turn it down, or leave the game, if gambling comes up then he is wise.

swilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You know that is right up his alley because he used to have an imaginary friend. Wow it seems so complex. Thanks for the insight Examiner 1 So what we having dinner tonight?

If he is a regular at watching football, then it will be easy for him.
          The same as last night, it is my usual I love it. What about you?

It is was unhealthy I had hamburger and popcorn...that doesn't even go together. I get grossed out just thinking about it. I have  to change my ways. I need to start eating bird seed.

Actually bird seed is mostly fat. That is why birds like it, they burn it off when they fly and do many other things using energy.
              We should eat fish at least twice per week. That and chicken/turkey is better than meat. The right popcorn is somewhat good for you, as a snack.

I need to start eating healthier, even though I am aware of the healthy superfoods to eat, and meats that are good for you, I have a hard time sticking with it.

Take one thing at a time. What you do is stop eating what foods are not good for you. When you need to replace them, then fill them one at a time with something a little bit better. Climb the ladder slowly.

2. Jcpuddles profile image61
    Jcpuddlesposted 3 years ago

If gambling is involved, it's entirely his choice. I have a group of friends who participate purely for fun with no money involved.

It sounds fun. the commercials look fun too! I just can't believe it's imaginary. People pay real money to fly to Vegas for an imaginary football team. What will they think of next.

3. brutishspoon profile image60
    brutishspoonposted 3 years ago

Of course we do. It is fun and challenging and a great way to get an interest in the actual sport.

As long as you don't have to gamble, then thing could turn out okay. But I hear that some people take this game seriously.

Even if you take it seriously does not mean that it has to include gambling.

4. Dressage Husband profile image79
    Dressage Husbandposted 3 years ago

The general idea is to pick in form players from the leagues permitted. There are complex rules as to the value of each player and the team that gets the highest score based on a relationship to the actual players in real teams is the winner. It is a bit like playing chess, but the value of any given player varies with his form in the real league.

This makes the whole sport quite complex and a very cerebral thing. It is like being the manager of an imaginary team. Team selection of the players most in form is the key. I do not know the rules applied in your son's case, but the whole idea is imaginary but based on real players in real leagues. Quite the mental exercise!

So it's like playing chess?

working