jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do people at HP know what Hockey is?

1. Enigmatic Me profile image74
    Enigmatic Meposted 8 years ago

Do people at HP know what Hockey is?

As a Canadian, its our National sport (no matter that many also include Lacrosse)... so... was just wondering if there were other hockey fans around?

2. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

I don't happen to be a fan; but living near Boston, I'm more than aware of the game played by the Bruins.  It wasn't something my own two sons wanted to play, though.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image77
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

I'm a huge hockey fan.  But then, I'm half Canadian, so I'm not sure I count.

4. puppascott profile image76
    puppascottposted 8 years ago

Fear not my friend. You are not alone. I am a hockey fan. I have to be, I'm from the Detroit area. To openly admit you're not a Wings fan here is to risk bodily harm. I am not a rabid fan, but I do enjoy the pace of the game. In High school I was a lacrosse goalie, and we used to play in tournaments with schools in Ontario from Owen Sound, London, and Windsor areas.

5. stendek profile image53
    stendekposted 8 years ago

I LOVE HOCKEY! The answer is Hell no. Drop the puck already. Peace.

6. Enigmatic Me profile image74
    Enigmatic Meposted 8 years ago

There's really nothing being hubbed about hockey, the players, the league... just wondered where people were hiding.

This doesn't seem to be the place to talk about it though... I mean 3 people responding isn't a flood of input.

7. mproctor profile image73
    mproctorposted 8 years ago

Big time hockey fan here. My first Hub is actually a call for hockey fans to play more pick-up hockey. I figure, the more people play the game the more dedicated the fans will become.

I'm all for increasing the NHL fan base. It makes me sad that its considered a 'niche' sport. The Detroit-Pittsburgh game last night (Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals) wasn't even on a major station. If you didn't have VS. you couldn't watch it!

Check out my hub though, maybe we can start a hub pages hockey movement!

8. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 8 years ago

Hi Enigma...,

I too am a hockey fan and old(slow)timer player in the Deep South (Sunshine state). I love the sport and I do hope there is more discussion about it. The guy that goes by mproctor is probably the go-to guy to kick-start some discussion.

9. Ron Mariano profile image58
    Ron Marianoposted 8 years ago

I'm not a big Hockey fun but I like watching it. Ducks here in Anaheim!

10. Drew Breezzy profile image70
    Drew Breezzyposted 8 years ago

I live in the swamp so hockey is foreign. Loved to play roller hockey though, wish it was big down here.

11. profile image0
    DryWaterposted 8 years ago

I love hockey big_smile. I wish there were more posts about it on HP though.

12. profile image60
    hockeyundergroundposted 8 years ago

Big hockey fan here. Most of my hubs will be dedicated to our fair sport.

I expect you all to be unquestioning followers smile