jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is the most important thing to bring on a pack in hunting trip besides your

1. shanshane2 profile image60
    shanshane2posted 8 years ago

What is the most important thing to bring on a pack in hunting trip besides your rifle?

I have 125 pounds max to take with me for a 9 day trip.  I think the obviouse things like my rifle, ammunition, optics, etc. are easy to identify, but what are some things that I might forget?

2. sukena@gmail.com profile image39
    sukena@gmail.composted 8 years ago

Mosquito killer spray is a must  otherwise ur trip will be hell.
    n if u r supposed to cook alll by urself  and u r not experiencedread this http://hubpages.com/hub/I-am-a-bad-cook   n above all ur spirit of enjoyment Have FUNNN

3. shanshane2 profile image60
    shanshane2posted 8 years ago

I'm into dehydrated food, so I'm pretty good there.  I'm going to try to dehydrayte some more soups, I have already done bean with bacon and split pea soups pretty easily.  Good call on the mosquito killer, I think we are staying right next to a lake!

4. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

In addition to clothing, rain gear, and sleeping bag, a water filter such as Katadyne, big knife, cigarette lighter...

Oh and don't forget your cell-phone, xbox/gameboy, and laptop. :-)

Oh, again, night-vision goggles for UFO spotting.

5. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 8 years ago

Funny how everyone always forgets the first aid kit isn't it? :p

6. Torch Harrison profile image84
    Torch Harrisonposted 8 years ago

Dry matches.  All purpose knife (you know, bottle opener, saw, all the gadgets).  LED flashlight.  Fishline and hooks.  Water purifying tablets.  Silver mylar tarp. Compass. Cap.  Laser light.

7. Guy Knows It profile image79
    Guy Knows Itposted 8 years ago

Extra batteries for flashlight & GPS.  Tylenol or Advil and sinus medicine.  Alarn clock.

8. ahorseback profile image77
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

A magnesium fire starter, it will burn in the rain.....at about 4 thousand degrees

9. Man from Modesto profile image84
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

As a hiker, the things I always pack, that have come in handy are these:

large trash bags. These cover gear, and me, in unexpected rain storms.

cold weather underwear: If a cold front hits, you better have it. Otherwise you have to stuff your shirt full of leaves for insulation.

first aid kit. A friend once slipped down a rock incline. He slid the full distance, and lost a lot of skin. We were glad to have ample antiseptic and bandages.

working