jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does Lebron going to Miami change the dynamics of basketball?

1. qtkeeks profile image53
    qtkeeksposted 7 years ago

Does Lebron going to Miami change the dynamics of basketball?

2. scramble profile image65
    scrambleposted 7 years ago

Yes, I think acceleration due to gravity will increase by 1/100 of a m/sec^2. This will mean that less points will be scored and less tickets to games will be sold as a result. The players will make less money and will have to start playing other games to make ends meet.

3. Thamuss profile image60
    Thamussposted 7 years ago

if you mean for the Heat, sure. He will have to adjust to new players, and the players there will have to adjust to him. It doesn't do anything to change the game of basketball.
    Does it change the pecking order in the Eastern Conference? Probably. However, I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet. I really like Wade, haven't seen a lot of Bosh, and James is a strong talent.
    But basketball has always been a team activity. When you examine most championship teams there are three players who are considered top tier. The Bulls didn't really have a third superstar after Jordan and Pippin, but the Celtics and Lakers, Sixers, and other championship teams have more than just one person.
    So, its wait and see time for me. Miami has a chance to compete for a title, but no one knows if they will be able to do it.

4. jcales profile image60
    jcalesposted 7 years ago

he made a dumb move.
    Why?  if he went to Chicago he has:
    1.) a ballhandler - Derrick Rose
    2.) a rebounder - Noah and Boozer - (oops 2)
    3.) a scorer - Derrick Rose, Boozer (oops 2)
    4.) A solid young defender - Noah
    5.) Bonus: Korver off the bench as a scorer
    Chicago proved themselves in the playoffs with Derrick Rose and Noah. And LeBron knows how good Boozer was when they played together in C-Leave-land

now he has in Miami:
    1.) no ballhandler - Wade is a turnover machine. I like him but too many to's. he'll give you 8 to 10 assists, if teammates score, but also plug in 4 to 5 to's. not a good turnover to assist ratio unlike D. Rose.
    2.) a rebounder - Haslem ; Bosh's health is always a question
    3.) scorer - OK
    4.) defender - blockshots - only 1 on 1 defense no help in middle.

LeBron will have to rebound more ,much like KG changed in Boston, when he got there. Wade will still be the main offensive focus.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

Yes, surely the team is bigger now, to turn it into actual output we don't know yet. The dynamics in the Eastern Conference will change, Boston Celtics will still be there and this will improve their chances again.

For the entire basketball world, they dynamics is till the same though,

working